Are you with me?

Moderator: Administrator

Miaims

Re: July/August 2020

#151 Post by Miaims » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:44 am

Jemma melissa wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:37 pm
Hi guys
I had acupuncture this morning. Not sure if what I had was different. As he talked about fertility in Chinese medicine, and the needles he put in were right down the centre of my body from my forehead to my pelvis. Not what I was expecting haha! I’m doing it again on Tuesday, as my FET is Thursday 🤞🏼If anything I hoping it just relaxes me Xx
I remember when I first had mine I was a shocked at where they put the needles. I had one just by my thumb at one point lol. I did find it relaxing so at the very least it helps to ease the tension a bit. X

hayleigh85

#152 Post by hayleigh85 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:34 am

Hey ladies, I hope everyone's having a nice weekend and enjoying this good weather!

ET for me this morning 🤞 all went great, an amazing little hatching blast was popped in, and 4 for the freezer, 4 more being monitored overnight to see if any can be kept.

My husband was allowed in (Nottingham) but was put in the far corner so it was kind of awkward and wierd but at least he was in the room.

Feeling happy, excited and positive. Nothing like my last few transfers, I'm in a good place and ready for this baby!

In other news I got my first jury summons today for late September - scared lol

Miaims

#153 Post by Miaims » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:39 pm

hayleigh85 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:34 am
Hey ladies, I hope everyone's having a nice weekend and enjoying this good weather!

ET for me this morning 🤞 all went great, an amazing little hatching blast was popped in, and 4 for the freezer, 4 more being monitored overnight to see if any can be kept.

My husband was allowed in (Nottingham) but was put in the far corner so it was kind of awkward and wierd but at least he was in the room.

Feeling happy, excited and positive. Nothing like my last few transfers, I'm in a good place and ready for this baby!

In other news I got my first jury summons today for late September - scared lol
Awww good luck 🤞🏼I am glad your hubby was allowed. Just having someone else there helps relax you, no matter how far in the corner they are :lol:

Lol at jury summons. Too bad it’s not during your 2WW as it would at least keep you distracted. I wonder how they are doing jury services whilst distancing.

hayleigh85

#154 Post by hayleigh85 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:15 pm

That's a good point actually, I have no idea how they are doing them! Surely it won't be over zoom 😂

Grace&love

#155 Post by Grace&love » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:37 pm

Aw great news Hayleigh85.

I had two day 4s back in this morning, 3 more will be reviewed on Monday to see if they can be frozen, not even had that chance before!

My hubby could sit right next to me and hold my hand in Manchester, strange how it's different across clinics.

When I did jury service it was just a load of waiting around and then I didn't get selected so went home 🙃

Is anyone using Access Fertility? Just not sure if the freezing is included or additional on the multi cycle. It says unlimited frozen cycles, but its not clear if that includes the freezing charge!

Two weeks to go...
Age 40
Endometriosis
1st cycle IVF 5 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 d5 blastocyst BFN
2nd cycle IVF 2 eggs, 2 fertilised, 2 transferred. BFN
3rd cycle IVF 6 eggs, 6 fertilised, 2 transferred, 3 not quite made freezing

Jemma melissa

#156 Post by Jemma melissa » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:55 pm

Good luck on your 2WW’s, I hope it goes well for you both 🤞🏼 I have my FET on Thursday.
I’m with Manchester too, last time I had my transfer in June I was on my own, glad my fiancé can come in with me this time. Can I ask did they let you lay on the bed for a bit after? As when I had mine I was strait up and told me I can use the loo. But I’d like to stay put for a bit after this time. Just felt weird getting up strait away!
Aged 37
1st Cycle
20 eggs collected
12 fertilised
8 frozen
FET June 2020 BFN

Grace&love

#157 Post by Grace&love » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:03 pm

Jemma melissa wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:55 pm
Good luck on your 2WW’s, I hope it goes well for you both 🤞🏼 I have my FET on Thursday.
I’m with Manchester too, last time I had my transfer in June I was on my own, glad my fiancé can come in with me this time. Can I ask did they let you lay on the bed for a bit after? As when I had mine I was strait up and told me I can use the loo. But I’d like to stay put for a bit after this time. Just felt weird getting up strait away!
Hi Jemma Melissa

They had some issues with inserting mine because of a fibroid obstructing the way! I only stated there a minute or two whilst they checked the catheter was empty of embryos and they showed me them going in. They said its fine to stand up and to go the loo. To be honest with the position of my uterus and the fibroid and all that lining, I don't think they're going anywhere!
:lol:
Good luck for Thursday x
Age 40
Endometriosis
1st cycle IVF 5 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 d5 blastocyst BFN
2nd cycle IVF 2 eggs, 2 fertilised, 2 transferred. BFN
3rd cycle IVF 6 eggs, 6 fertilised, 2 transferred, 3 not quite made freezing

Miaims

#158 Post by Miaims » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:12 pm

Grace&love wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:37 pm
Aw great news Hayleigh85.

I had two day 4s back in this morning, 3 more will be reviewed on Monday to see if they can be frozen, not even had that chance before!

My hubby could sit right next to me and hold my hand in Manchester, strange how it's different across clinics.

When I did jury service it was just a load of waiting around and then I didn't get selected so went home 🙃

Is anyone using Access Fertility? Just not sure if the freezing is included or additional on the multi cycle. It says unlimited frozen cycles, but its not clear if that includes the freezing charge!

Two weeks to go...
I’m with access multi cycle and I haven’t been charged storage fees. You get one year free storage. After that you pay xx

Tashtash

#159 Post by Tashtash » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:36 pm

Jemma melissa wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:55 pm
Hi Jemma I have seen you on the June/July forum too. Mine was at Notts and they had me straight up don’t think you will be able to lay there a while as I guess they will have more ladies waiting to go in after you etc. If you are worried it will fall out it won’t. You can wee, sneeze, laugh, cough etc it won’t fall out. I was straight up and went for a wee afterwards. I got a BFP 2wks later but unfortunately just had a CP. I really wouldn’t worry about that if thats your concern it’s fine 😊
1st ICSI cycle June 2020, EC 24.06.20, 9 eggs all mature, 7 fertilised, 3x 5day blastocysts
1x Fresh transfer 29.06.20 and 2x Frosties
12.07.20 BFP 😊 25.07.20 BFN 😢 Chemical Pregnancy
FET?????

Fideeks

#160 Post by Fideeks » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:53 pm

Hi everyone,

Congrats on the tww grace&love and hayleigh!
(Sorry if I have missed anyone else in the 2ww).

JemmaMelissa not long til you are back in 2ww either! The time goes quite quickly from try to try don’t you think? Are you going for a double or single transfer this time?

I have my lining scan on 12th (day 13) so transfer a week later probably.
2015 icsi: 3 blastocysts
1 x fresh transfer = BFP (my son)
2018 2 x singular fet = bfn
2019 icsi: 3 blastocysts
1x fresh = bfn
2 x Singular fet = bfn
2020 icsi: 5 blastocysts
1 x fresh March = bfn
1 x Fet June = chemical pregnancy

Smudge75

#161 Post by Smudge75 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:40 pm

Hi all,

Room for a little one?

I started my long protocol yesterday. When I say long I think I’ll be in the August, September and October cycle buddy threads so looking forward to getting to know you all and carrying each other through the rollercoaster of fertility treatment :lol:
02.18.16 BFP = miscarried
09.10.17 BFP = chemical
12.11.17 Natural IVF#1 = cancelled
03.12.17 Natural IVF#2 = cancelled
13.02.18 Natural IVF#3 = cancelled
15.04.18 BFP = miscarried
13.08.18 BFP = miscarried
01.08.20 ICSI with CARE - long protocol

annabelle25

#162 Post by annabelle25 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:51 pm

Hi everyone,

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend and enjoyed some of the lovely weather!

I'm on the final countdown now to starting my protocol - can't believe I start drugs next Saturday, still a long way to go to stims but I'm looking forward to start next week :D

Hi Smudge75 - Good luck with your long protocol, you on buserilin? It felt like my long protocol back in 2015 took ages, but looking at it now, it's not much longer than my short protocol! I feel the same, I started this thread thinking I'd be on drugs by now and ready for EC and ET before the end of August and it looks like it'll be beginning to mid Sept for me.

Good luck for the 12th Fideeks - it's a good day the 12th - my birthday :lol: can't believe I'm 30 this time, at least there is no date with wanda booked in for this birthday as I have had on a previous birthday! Hope it all goes well and you're ready for your transfer!

Grace&love - congratulations on the transfer. Keeping it all crossed for you. And amazing hubby was able to be there for you :) We're using access but have no idea how it works...I'm worried that I'll end up needing a freeze all and it'll cost extra, but we'll see!

Ire1 - So sorry to hear your news - hope they can get you sorted soon and hope for you to have some positive news.

Miaims - hope you're little one is feeling better now. Got everything crossed that you can have a transfer and the follicle doesn't cause any issues.

Bella22 - good luck with the appointment and the bloods, hope it all goes well! Just take everything one step at a time and ask the questions where you need. I've definitely made sure I've rang when I've been worried or unsure and they are always amazing at supporting. I have been very open and honest with work from day 1, we've been planning IVF for the past 3 years and we've only just managed to get around to being in the right position for it, work will have to deal with what it is. My boss is so supportive of me and would be gutted to have me off but she is so pleased for me at the same time, I'm really lucky to have her only round the corner as she's become my running buddy recently and it's been an absolute Godsend to get out. It's difficult to plan anything as you just can't and you can never predict peoples reactions either. I'm starting to just chill and go with the flow with it all now :)

Em-C - sounds positive news for you :) Good luck with your scan tomorrow!

Jemma melissa - good luck with your transfer Thursday, got everything crossed for you :) Don't worry about getting up, with my FET that resulted in my daughter, I had to wait an extra 25 minutes on extremely full bladder for the embryo glue, I literally ran to the loo once the embryos are in. Once they're there they're snug :)
hayleigh85 - so pleased for you. Keeping everything crossed for you on the TWW. So glad they let your husband in, I hope they keep it the same for when I finally get to transfer as they told me they weren't allowed in last week! Just have to wait and see :)

xxx

Em-C

#163 Post by Em-C » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:09 pm

Hi guys,

So I went to my first scan Friday and if im honest it was abit of a whirlwind. She spouted so many numbers out that I have no idea whats happening 😂 But she did say it all looks positive.

My next one is in the morning, can anyone tell me what i should be listening out for in regards to follicle size and lining? I think I'll need more medication as she did ask me to take note of what I've got left and they can give me some more tomorrow if I need them.

I love reading where you're all at! Hope everyone has had a great weekend and are still managing to stay positive :)

Xxx

nids2020

#164 Post by nids2020 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:11 pm

Hello Ladies,

I started new cycle this month as my first one which was in March was a BFN. It’s almost 2 weeks now that I started with Buserelin injections, and still waiting for AF, to book my down-reg scan. Is anyone of you having some side-effects of Buserelin or delay in AF? Most of the time these days I am feeling so tired, bloated tummy, hot flushes😔😔.

Tashtash

#165 Post by Tashtash » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:35 pm

Em-C wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:09 pm
Hi guys,

So I went to my first scan Friday and if im honest it was abit of a whirlwind. She spouted so many numbers out that I have no idea whats happening 😂 But she did say it all looks positive.

My next one is in the morning, can anyone tell me what i should be listening out for in regards to follicle size and lining? I think I'll need more medication as she did ask me to take note of what I've got left and they can give me some more tomorrow if I need them.

I love reading where you're all at! Hope everyone has had a great weekend and are still managing to stay positive :)

Xxx
Hi Just ask them to explain thats what I did. So they like your lining to be at least 8mm and follicles between 15-22mm so that they are more likely to have a mature egg inside. I only had two scans and on my second one the lady gave me the little printout to keep with my lining thickness and follicle sizes all printed on and how many I had. I just asked what everything should be and she went through it with me don’t be afraid to ask. Good luck 😊
1st ICSI cycle June 2020, EC 24.06.20, 9 eggs all mature, 7 fertilised, 3x 5day blastocysts
1x Fresh transfer 29.06.20 and 2x Frosties
12.07.20 BFP 😊 25.07.20 BFN 😢 Chemical Pregnancy
FET?????

Rays

#166 Post by Rays » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:59 am

Hi everyone, hope it’s ok to join this group!
This is my first ivf so it’s all a bit overwhelming/exciting/scary!!!
I started down regulation on 13th July, and currently on day 4 of stimulation using Menopur. Luckily I’ve had minimal side effects so far but have noticed that people have said Day 5/6 is when they started getting side effects - has anyone had any?
I’m trying to drink minimal 2 litres of water a day to hopefully help with headaches etc and cut out caffeine back in June so fingers crossed that will help.
The one thing I have noticed is that I now have to apply more force when injecting, almost like my skin has got tougher (doing injection in stomach and alternating sides). Has anyone else noticed this? I’m assuming it’s because I’ve been injecting for 3 weeks now :?

Lworl1509

#167 Post by Lworl1509 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:43 pm

Hi everyone. Hope everyone managed to enjoy the sunshine and relax a bit over the weekend 😊 there’s so many in here now which is so nice to see.

Ire1 – sorry I have only just seen your message. Really sorry to hear about your health, and really hope you are back sooner than you think. Take care and sending you big hugs xxx
Miaims – hope you are feeling a bit better after last week, fingers crossed your cycle isn’t cancelled. Have you had your scan again today? X
Bella22 – yes my nurse consultation is over Skype tomorrow at 2pm so I’m looking forward to that as it feels like the ball is rolling now, and tablets are starting next week. Hope yours goes ok today 😊
Em-C – hope your scan went well today too, and glad it all seems positive. To be honest I have no idea re the measurements etc either so I think I’ll have to go with the flow and keep asking lots of questions as things happen!
Hayleigh85 – glad the ET went well 😊 and that’s great your husband was allowed in. So nice to read you’re in a good place and have everything crossed for you. Reading these sort of comments make me really excited and eager to get started next week.
Grace&love – that sounds like positive results as well and hope you manage to freeze some after today’s review too. Not long to go now 😊
Jemma Melissa – good luck on your FET Thursday. X
Tashtash – so sorry to here you had a CP. Thinking of you and hope you are ok.
Smudge75 – welcome 😊 I am on the short protocol but only starting tablets next week, so I’ll be crossing over with you too xx
Annabelle25 – not much longer to go now! Feels crazy doesn’t it after all this time that you can say you start this week!!
Nids2020 – hiya and sorry to hear the side affects you are having. This is my first try with IVF so I guess I have this all to look forward to, and not sure what to expect. Hope you are ok.
Rays – welcome – this is my first IVF too so I am feeling all the same emotions as you but overall excited at the moment, I start next week. Are you on the long or short protocol? 3 weeks seems a lot of injections! It’s a lot to go through isn’t it but good that you’ve had minimal side effects so far 😊

Has anyone got any tips on how to keep organised with the medications etc? I am such a planner and usually pretty organised, but I am worried because there’s so much and dates can change that I’ll forget something/get the dates wrong, and the responsibility of making sure we have enough meds etc xx

Rlgood

#168 Post by Rlgood » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:11 pm

Hi everyone, wow this has got super busy since I last was on here!
Wishing everyone all the luck in the world for wherever you are in your journeys and thinking of you all. I'll try keep on top of things on this thread so I can give more individual replies!!

My wife and I had our IUI on Thursday with donor sperm and it went really well - so I'm now just gradually going insane in the TWW, although our actual OTD is 17th August but I really don't think we'll hold out as long as that 🙈

Have a lovely Monday xx

Lworl1509

#169 Post by Lworl1509 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:22 pm

Is OTD official test day? I am learning all the abbreviations :lol: good luck and take care during your 2ww and hope you can keep yourselves distracted one way or another!! X

Em-C

#170 Post by Em-C » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:31 pm

So today's scan went great. I have alot of eggs 24 on my left side and 15 on my right but alot of them are too small. Lining is 9mm I think she said.
Had a blood test and im waiting for a call from CARE to confirm that egg collection will be on Wednesday! But she said it looks like potentially 10 good eggs can be collected.
Currently sat with my phone in my hand waiting for the call 😂
How is everyone feeling today? Xxx

Rays

#171 Post by Rays » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:54 pm

Thanks for the welcome, it’s so nice to talk to others going through the same thing! :)

Lworl1509 - I’m on the long protocol although my period was late so thinks that’s extended it a bit (although heard that’s normal when down regging). My nurse gave me a sheet when I started each med with dosage etc so I could sign off each date which I use - I also note on there which side I’m injecting so I know for next day which helps once you get going. I’ve got my first scan after starting Menopur on Friday so hoping it’ll be good news!

Nids2020 - I only really noticed side effects from Buserilin when near/during period - tiredness, moody, bloated but I’m norm like that anyway haha so think it was just exaggerated. I was a few days late also but think that’s normal, I’ve never wanted a period so much haha.

RIgood - that’s great news, I can’t wait to get to that point. Fingers crossed for you both!

Em-C - I hope you get some good news today with a date, the waiting is the hardest part isn’t it. I’m wishing the days away to get to egg collection!!

Miaims

#172 Post by Miaims » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:08 pm

nids2020 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:11 pm
Hello Ladies,

I started new cycle this month as my first one which was in March was a BFN. It’s almost 2 weeks now that I started with Buserelin injections, and still waiting for AF, to book my down-reg scan. Is anyone of you having some side-effects of Buserelin or delay in AF? Most of the time these days I am feeling so tired, bloated tummy, hot flushes😔😔.
AF was delayed for about a week for me if I recall. It’s common to delay. Annoying as I’m sure you want to get started. I was told that a delay is a good sign that DR is working xx

Miaims

#173 Post by Miaims » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:11 pm

Rlgood wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:11 pm
Hi everyone, wow this has got super busy since I last was on here!
Wishing everyone all the luck in the world for wherever you are in your journeys and thinking of you all. I'll try keep on top of things on this thread so I can give more individual replies!!

My wife and I had our IUI on Thursday with donor sperm and it went really well - so I'm now just gradually going insane in the TWW, although our actual OTD is 17th August but I really don't think we'll hold out as long as that 🙈

Have a lovely Monday xx
Good luck! Testing early is my weakness lol.

Miaims

#174 Post by Miaims » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:12 pm

Em-C wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:31 pm
So today's scan went great. I have alot of eggs 24 on my left side and 15 on my right but alot of them are too small. Lining is 9mm I think she said.
Had a blood test and im waiting for a call from CARE to confirm that egg collection will be on Wednesday! But she said it looks like potentially 10 good eggs can be collected.
Currently sat with my phone in my hand waiting for the call 😂
How is everyone feeling today? Xxx

Those are good numbers. I know how you feel re phone in your hand. I’m waiting for them to call me to tell me whether my cycle is cancelled and I’m going mad waiting 😂

Rlgood

#175 Post by Rlgood » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:45 pm

Lworl - yes OTD is official test date, the abbreviations take a bit of getting used to don't they lol. Thank you - not been doing so well on the keeping distracted front which doesn't bode well for how long we have left to wait. Although I am going to try finish a book I'd started a few weeks ago!!

Em-c - great numbers and exciting EC could be weds!! Hope care call you with news sooner rather than later there's nothing worse than standing by the phone waiting for it to ring xx

Rays - thank you, best of luck to you too. Won't be long now!!!

Miaims - thank you! I don't think we'd be so tempted to test early but with how it's worked out AF is due before 17th so I'd rather just test a few days earlier and find out that way with my wife rather than nipping to the loo one time and AF just being there. We've said earliest we will test will prob be 14th which is 15 days after IUI, see if we hold out til then 😂🙈