June/July Cycle Buddies

Are you with me?

Moderator: Administrator

Tashtash

Re: June/July Cycle Buddies

#1001 Post by Tashtash » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:05 pm

Hopeful10- hi I was on a short protocol last time so potentially depending when you start we may be around similar times I don’t know depends when I can start to! Review isn’t until a week on Thurs and then I have no idea when I will get a period. I think yesterday was my first day where I haven’t had anymore brown discharge so it was about 11days of bleeding/brown discharge so see what my body does now I just have no idea when to next expect a period! 🤷🏻‍♀️ Keep me posted x

Robyn you are nearly there now! It’ll soon be OTD! Are you both off or working on OTD? Hoping that you get some good news! I don’t really know how to feel just yet we have the review on 13th so see what they say and when AF turns up I guess. I think I will be worried that we may test negative or if we test positive next time round I will be worried about the outcome and won’t be able to relax. We haven’t discussed but think we will just transfer one it means we haven’t used our remaining two chances all up at once then. As once we have thats our nhs funded go done. Are you managing the pessaries ok with work? Keep us posted!!!🤞🏼x
1st ICSI cycle June 2020, EC 24.06.20, 9 eggs all mature, 7 fertilised, 3x 5day blastocysts
1x Fresh transfer 29.06.20 and 2x Frosties
12.07.20 BFP 😊 25.07.20 BFN 😢 Chemical Pregnancy
FET?????

Fideeks

#1002 Post by Fideeks » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:15 pm

Robyn9988 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:23 am
Hi Ladies,

Hope your all having a nice weekend ❤️ Keeping well staying positive..

Fideeks.. 🙈 yes I was naughty did one on day 8 and was neg - lots of reasons why I think, used digital test, not early detention, not first wee of the day.. however, I did cascadE into despair that day!! Feeling more positive again now haven’t tested since and day 11 now so not long.. I can imagine having a pos then neg was really hard! Think I would have preferred not to know too ❤️ How are you feeling? where are you in your treatment now, are you just about to start again?

hopeful10 - fab news you have 2 unaffected, exciting news your almost ready to start FET, can understand your feeling mixed emotions you’ve been through a lot and it’s such a scary process but think positive.. you have 2 fab little embryos, got everything crossed for you!

Tash - cheap tests sound like a good idea, they cost so much don’t they!! How are you feeling about your upcoming FET? Do you think you will still opt to transfer just one?
Hi Robyn- not sure how I miss read that sorry! Yes that’s the difficulty with testing early, knowing it’s too early! It adds another level of doubt and questioning to this game. I’m glad you are feeling positive and I am hopeful to read some good news from you this week! I’m feeling good because I’m back in treatment now, it’s nice to be doing something productive to make it happen 😊
2015 icsi: 3 blastocysts
1 x fresh transfer = BFP (my son)
2018 2 x singular fet = bfn
2019 icsi: 3 blastocysts
1x fresh = bfn
2 x Singular fet = bfn
2020 icsi: 5 blastocysts
1 x fresh March = bfn
1 x Fet June = chemical pregnancy

Daisy2206

#1003 Post by Daisy2206 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:32 pm

Hello all,
Sorry I haven’t been around of late, so tired but all good.

Clairebear, that must have been absolute agony for you. CP is so hard to deal with but for it to be so late after testing positive 😔 unbearable. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for them, just luck of the draw in embryo selection as Fideeks says. Take a break and come back strong x

Fideeks, glad you’re able to get back on already. Will be watching the August group for your good news!

Robyn, the CB requires a much higher amount of hcg to give a positive than the first response early tests. Also with the CB digital I had weird results 2-3 weeks one day; 1-2 the next and 2-3 the following (spent a fortune on tests too🤣🤣 . What I’m saying is day 8 (In my experience) is too early for CB x

Robyn9988

#1004 Post by Robyn9988 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:40 am

Tashtash wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:05 pm
Hopeful10- hi I was on a short protocol last time so potentially depending when you start we may be around similar times I don’t know depends when I can start to! Review isn’t until a week on Thurs and then I have no idea when I will get a period. I think yesterday was my first day where I haven’t had anymore brown discharge so it was about 11days of bleeding/brown discharge so see what my body does now I just have no idea when to next expect a period! 🤷🏻‍♀️ Keep me posted x

Robyn you are nearly there now! It’ll soon be OTD! Are you both off or working on OTD? Hoping that you get some good news! I don’t really know how to feel just yet we have the review on 13th so see what they say and when AF turns up I guess. I think I will be worried that we may test negative or if we test positive next time round I will be worried about the outcome and won’t be able to relax. We haven’t discussed but think we will just transfer one it means we haven’t used our remaining two chances all up at once then. As once we have thats our nhs funded go done. Are you managing the pessaries ok with work? Keep us posted!!!🤞🏼x
Morning 😊 I know! Day 12 today, I’m off work now until Thursday Helens off too, she’s just finishing the last of a bunch of essays for uni.. can’t believe it’s test day in a minute!! I’m pretty terrified about it, how ultimate it is if it’s not the result we want, I almost prefer this stage of not knowing over that! I have the care test, the other clear blue (from the twin pack from day 8) and was going to buy a first response test do all 3 together. I do my morning pessaries at 5am so suspect we will test then. Work have been great so far, I’ve had times where it’s been so so busy but the coordinator herself has actually relieved me for 30 mins to be able to go and do it which is lovely, despite the fact she’s supposed to be running the ward! People at work all seem to know when it’s due now and often will be tapping their wrist if they see me at that time! 😂

I imagine the fresh cycle messes with your natural cycle does it, can you often be waiting a while for next AF? I imagine next time will feel more worrying, perhaps the more time passes you will naturally become more excited, it’s still really fresh.. will you be given any answers as to why you had a chemical? Is it just one of those things with ivf? If I remember your Frosties are both really good quality aren’t they, so makes sense to have just the one xx
1st cycle of Shared Motherhood IVF June 20.. x3 5day Blastocysts ❤️
x1 fresh cycle 23/07/20.. BFN 05/08/20 😢
x2 Frosties - FET Sept 20?? 🤞

Robyn9988

#1005 Post by Robyn9988 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:46 am

Fideeks wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:15 pm
Robyn9988 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:23 am
Hi Ladies,

Hope your all having a nice weekend ❤️ Keeping well staying positive..

Fideeks.. 🙈 yes I was naughty did one on day 8 and was neg - lots of reasons why I think, used digital test, not early detention, not first wee of the day.. however, I did cascadE into despair that day!! Feeling more positive again now haven’t tested since and day 11 now so not long.. I can imagine having a pos then neg was really hard! Think I would have preferred not to know too ❤️ How are you feeling? where are you in your treatment now, are you just about to start again?

hopeful10 - fab news you have 2 unaffected, exciting news your almost ready to start FET, can understand your feeling mixed emotions you’ve been through a lot and it’s such a scary process but think positive.. you have 2 fab little embryos, got everything crossed for you!

Tash - cheap tests sound like a good idea, they cost so much don’t they!! How are you feeling about your upcoming FET? Do you think you will still opt to transfer just one?
Hi Robyn- not sure how I miss read that sorry! Yes that’s the difficulty with testing early, knowing it’s too early! It adds another level of doubt and questioning to this game. I’m glad you are feeling positive and I am hopeful to read some good news from you this week! I’m feeling good because I’m back in treatment now, it’s nice to be doing something productive to make it happen 😊
It’s such a mind game isn’t it! Thank you 🙏 I really hope we have some good news to share 🤞🤞 glad your feeling good, got everything crossed for you too xx

Robyn9988

#1006 Post by Robyn9988 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:50 am

Daisy2206 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:32 pm
Hello all,
Sorry I haven’t been around of late, so tired but all good.

Clairebear, that must have been absolute agony for you. CP is so hard to deal with but for it to be so late after testing positive 😔 unbearable. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for them, just luck of the draw in embryo selection as Fideeks says. Take a break and come back strong x

Fideeks, glad you’re able to get back on already. Will be watching the August group for your good news!

Robyn, the CB requires a much higher amount of hcg to give a positive than the first response early tests. Also with the CB digital I had weird results 2-3 weeks one day; 1-2 the next and 2-3 the following (spent a fortune on tests too🤣🤣 . What I’m saying is day 8 (In my experience) is too early for CB x
Hi Daisy, how are things with you??

I haven’t read about the HCG levels in the tests but that gives me reassurance thank you ❤️ Everyone seems to recommend the first response ones so getting one of those, fingers crossed!! Xx

Blondie83

#1007 Post by Blondie83 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:24 pm

Hi all, it’s otd, and sadly it is negative. I knew on Friday as af arrived right on time.

We have 6 Frosties, but are self funding so our next FET will be our last try as the finances can’t take much more.

I have my review on the 4th September as care are really busy so hopefully FET will be beginning of October.

As it is our last try we are thinking of asking if we can have 2 embryos transferred and possibly using the Embryo glue.

Does anybody have any experience of the embryo glue?

Good luck to all who have their otd coming up!

Hopeful2021

#1008 Post by Hopeful2021 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:35 pm

Hi blondie!!! I’m so sorry :( ... financially I can completely understand as I’m self funding too and it’s crazy how much it all costs- but please find comfort in knowing u have Frosties so u have another chance!

So I have used embryo glue with my last two transfers - BFN. My first transfer was at another clinic and they were more for it- Care really haven’t found it has made a difference for them so they don’t sell it as much but it is an option for them... so my transfer just done I didn’t use it .. but got a BFP today which I’m still in shock about and haven’t really processed it but it’s a faint line so I’m taking each day as it comes...

Also if ur self funding u can choose to transfer two and if it’s ur last shot then go for it- worth reading it around it though as there is evidence transferring two different grades can compromise implantation - so try go for two similar grades if possible! Xxx

Daisy2206

#1009 Post by Daisy2206 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:56 pm

Hopeful2021 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:35 pm
Hi blondie!!! I’m so sorry :( ... financially I can completely understand as I’m self funding too and it’s crazy how much it all costs- but please find comfort in knowing u have Frosties so u have another chance!

So I have used embryo glue with my last two transfers - BFN. My first transfer was at another clinic and they were more for it- Care really haven’t found it has made a difference for them so they don’t sell it as much but it is an option for them... so my transfer just done I didn’t use it .. but got a BFP today which I’m still in shock about and haven’t really processed it but it’s a faint line so I’m taking each day as it comes...

Also if ur self funding u can choose to transfer two and if it’s ur last shot then go for it- worth reading it around it though as there is evidence transferring two different grades can compromise implantation - so try go for two similar grades if possible! Xxx
Hopeful, congratulations!!!! Wow, so happy for you🥰

Blondie83

#1010 Post by Blondie83 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:20 pm

Hopeful congratulations!! That’s wonderful news!

Thank you for the advice, I will look into the embryo glue, and I think the blasts we have left are or similar grade so I will bring this up at the review

Hopeful2021

#1011 Post by Hopeful2021 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:38 pm

Thank you daisy and blondie! Im so happy that I’m what is known as a ‘thin liner’ and managed to get this far (never got this far before) but I feel we stop ourselves getting excited as we all know each day that passes is an achievement and we all know too well things can change within a second so Trying to stay level headed and realistic 🙈.. x
Good luck to everyone else with upcoming test days and review appointments! XxX

Robyn9988

#1012 Post by Robyn9988 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:10 pm

Blondie83 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:24 pm
Hi all, it’s otd, and sadly it is negative. I knew on Friday as af arrived right on time.

We have 6 Frosties, but are self funding so our next FET will be our last try as the finances can’t take much more.

I have my review on the 4th September as care are really busy so hopefully FET will be beginning of October.

As it is our last try we are thinking of asking if we can have 2 embryos transferred and possibly using the Embryo glue.

Does anybody have any experience of the embryo glue?

Good luck to all who have their otd coming up!

So sorry Blondie this is sad news.. Sending you lots of hugs, can’t imagine how hard it is for you 😢

We have self funded too and it’s such a burden isn’t it, trying to think up ways to find the money, def think it’s worth looking into transferring 2, like others have said read up tho ❤️ Hope your okay xx

ayishabakir

#1013 Post by ayishabakir » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:12 pm

Hi all, had the scan today and found the little one's heartbeat!
Thanks for all your support. My OH and I didn't tell our families about the treatment and have only had us both and you all for support.

All the best for everyone else, got everything crossed for you all!

Robyn9988

#1014 Post by Robyn9988 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:13 pm

ayishabakir wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:12 pm
Hi all, had the scan today and found the little one's heartbeat!
Thanks for all your support. My OH and I didn't tell our families about the treatment and have only had us both and you all for support.

All the best for everyone else, got everything crossed for you all!
I bet that was so wonderful!!! Congratulations!! all the best for you going forward ❤️❤️ Xx

Tashtash

#1015 Post by Tashtash » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:58 pm

Hi Robyn nearly OTD! Hang in there I would never test early I don’t think, its too much of a rollercoaster as it is! Like you say its then the waiting and not knowing whether that result was right or wrong. The care test was rubbish it was so feint we said ahhh its a negative. Two mins later my CB fertility monitor said pregnant and you could just see the faintest line on the care one. I then did the CB digital a couple of days later which said 1-2wks and bought some more to check my levels were still going up but we never got that far. Its lovely that work are being supportive lol and keep an eye on you lol ⏱⏱⏱🤣

Its my first ivf cycle so not sure what happens re AF and don’t really know when to expect it now. I don’t think theres ever any answers re a CP. usually its if theres a chromosomal abnormality and something has gone wrong during development so the body just says no somethings not right and stops everything. I can’t remember now but I think the frosties were grade 2. I just hope we get lucky next time 😔 I just really want our chance to come 2yrs of an extremely impatient girl being patient here lol. Keep me posted on OTD I tested early in the morning too I was busting for a wee aswell lol. Xx

Blondie I am sorry you have had rubbish news its just crap isn’t it no dressing it up it sucks. I would ask about having two put back. I can’t remember now where embyro glue sits on the traffic light system I remember when we went to a Nuture open evening they had things as red amber green as to how you should view its successfulness as to whether its worth having it or not. Wishing you all the best you have lots of frosties I know financially it can be a drain but I would just try to save as much as possible and worse case could you get a loan etc? Its so unfair all this game but don’t discount your other frosties. Take care x

Hopeful2021 so happy for your BFP thats great news thats what I hate about all this even when you get positive news nothings a given and you daren’t even get excited. Just have today as your positive day you at least deserve that I hope things continue and go well x

Ayisha - glad the scan went well but you were relieved. Was your OH allowed in? Hope everything goes well for you x

Hope everyone else is ok and taking care of themselves x
1st ICSI cycle June 2020, EC 24.06.20, 9 eggs all mature, 7 fertilised, 3x 5day blastocysts
FET?????

Luckybabe37

#1016 Post by Luckybabe37 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:48 pm

Congrats hopeful amazing news!! Congrats Ayisha that’s a azaming feeling isn’t it seein hearbeat ❤️ Sorry to here blondie don’t give up. I have had the glue and I believe it helped my other cycles I didn’t all failed I believe it helps and it can’t do no harm so may as well try it I wud recommend it to anyone cos it helps inplantation. Good luck to others testing x

ayishabakir

#1017 Post by ayishabakir » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:01 pm

Thanks everyone :D

Tashtash - Yes, OH was allowed in. Actually, the nurse who did the scan said she saw a flicker so she doesnt think theres anything wrong, but asked us to come next week as she couldnt clearly see. OH stood his ground and asked for another look, so a different nurse came and re-did the scan and this time everything was clear! Thank God OH was let in!!!

Daisy2206

#1018 Post by Daisy2206 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:17 am

ayishabakir wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:01 pm
Thanks everyone :D

Tashtash - Yes, OH was allowed in. Actually, the nurse who did the scan said she saw a flicker so she doesnt think theres anything wrong, but asked us to come next week as she couldnt clearly see. OH stood his ground and asked for another look, so a different nurse came and re-did the scan and this time everything was clear! Thank God OH was let in!!!
Oh wow congrats Ayisha, what a heart stopping few moments that must have been for you. Thank goodness your OH pushed for a retry. That would have been an awful week of not knowing. It’s magical seeing that heartbeat, enjoy🥰

Daisy2206

#1019 Post by Daisy2206 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:21 am

Hopeful2021 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:38 pm
Thank you daisy and blondie! Im so happy that I’m what is known as a ‘thin liner’ and managed to get this far (never got this far before) but I feel we stop ourselves getting excited as we all know each day that passes is an achievement and we all know too well things can change within a second so Trying to stay level headed and realistic 🙈.. x
Good luck to everyone else with upcoming test days and review appointments! XxX
Hopeful, I know exactly what you mean. It’s impossible to allow yourself to fully believe it could actually result in a much wanted baby. I have to say I’m now beginning to feel a bit more confident...but that’s just today😆
The stress will reduce as the urge to spontaneously vomit left right and centre appears. Ugly as that sounds, it’s a great reassurance x

Jusam

#1020 Post by Jusam » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:38 am

Blonde really sad to hear your news. I know Care are really busy for reviews and stuff. I think Tash said the embryo glue and other stuff has a rating by HFEA and you can check out their website. Don’t think it causes any harm and it’s couple hundred isn’t it so not as dear as something like era although there are other things I know I’d rather spend my money on 😊 how are you feeling? It’s so sad to have to have that result and that feeling after going through the whole process . Hope you are doing ok x

Robyn one. More.day it feels even for me like your 2ww has been longer for some reason :D

Yey Hopeful congratulations! This is amazing news . I know it’s all tentative happiness for us at the early stages but so happy for you. When is your scan? How are you feeling?

Me and husband are on hols in Kent and it’s lovely here. Loads of walking kayaking , swimming is all taking my mind off CP . Doctor called about three remaining Frosties but we in the decision phase now as to whether to abandon it as I have had too much trauma and the whole thing has made me a bit depressed (sorry for the downer!).
2 ectopic 1 ruptured
One round of ivf
5 x five day blastocysts
FET - nov 2019 - failed
FET - July 2020 - chemical

Tashtash

#1021 Post by Tashtash » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:37 am

Jusam wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:38 am
Blonde really sad to hear your news. I know Care are really busy for reviews and stuff. I think Tash said the embryo glue and other stuff has a rating by HFEA and you can check out their website. Don’t think it causes any harm and it’s couple hundred isn’t it so not as dear as something like era although there are other things I know I’d rather spend my money on 😊 how are you feeling? It’s so sad to have to have that result and that feeling after going through the whole process . Hope you are doing ok x

Robyn one. More.day it feels even for me like your 2ww has been longer for some reason :D

Yey Hopeful congratulations! This is amazing news . I know it’s all tentative happiness for us at the early stages but so happy for you. When is your scan? How are you feeling?

Me and husband are on hols in Kent and it’s lovely here. Loads of walking kayaking , swimming is all taking my mind off CP . Doctor called about three remaining Frosties but we in the decision phase now as to whether to abandon it as I have had too much trauma and the whole thing has made me a bit depressed (sorry for the downer!).
Sounds lovely in Kent kayaking sounds fun. Id like to try SUP but not sure if I’d fall off lol. Few years back me and the OH went canoeing In Florida down a river lol i was a but worried about the gators 😬🐊🐊🐊 but it was fun and swimming in a natural spring was a nice change. Hope you have a relaxing time. We are looking forward to our log cabin in a few weeks time.

What did the Dr say about the frosties? I can’t remember now if you are self-funded or not? If theres no reason for there to be an issue then is it not worth a shot? Are you thinking of giving up ivf all together? I would say it all depends on your circumstances, financially, if you have kids already, mentally etc, how many goes you have given it. Don’t give up though if you can give yourself another chance and can get to the right place again to give it a shot. Take care and give yourself time.

Our friends have all been lovely had some lovely messages and flowers sent to us which we completely didn’t expect from people who we didn’t expect either so thats really thoughtful of people. We have our review a week thurs and I think we are ready. I just pray it works one of our frosties. I have no idea when AF will come after a CP but we will be getting straight back on it when we can.

Robyn how you feeling? One more sleep!x
FET?????

Robyn9988

#1022 Post by Robyn9988 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:56 pm

Thanks for all your thoughts girls, cant believe OTD is in the morning!! I feel a bit jittery and anxious today 😬 I’ve got things to do and I’m doing them but almost feel like I’m in a daze, like I’m really in my thoughts constantly!! I’m feeling nervous and excited, Helens read the instructions hundred times on the tests, glad to have feedback on the Care test Tash as it doesn’t seem as robust as the others and if it was only faint we won’t worry, so glad we haven’t tested again I couldn’t cope. Excited to hear your news on your review is it the 13th??

It does feel like it’s dragged Jusam! 🙈 hope you are having a lovely holiday, That’s a big decision to make isn’t it going forward, you have time to consider, remember you have all our support whenever you need it.

Blonde - hope your doing okay, we looked into the embryo glue but it was the red on the traffic light scale. I asked one of the consultants at work, his wife used to work at care and she just recommended the Care maps for the best embryo selection, suggested the glue is neither here nor there in a research capacity, however, it is only a few hundred so worth a go in my eyes xx

Blondie83

#1023 Post by Blondie83 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:11 pm

Thanks for the advice Robyn, I have my review on the 4th September so will probably miss next month as a transfer and hopefully all ready to go again in October. I will just keep doing research!

Best of luck for the morning!! I’m praying it’s good news for you both!!

Hopeful2021

#1024 Post by Hopeful2021 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:00 pm

Good luck for the morning Robyn

Tashtash thank you :)

Does anyone know how long we are meant to carry on pessaries for - my protocol says only until 6th week Post transfer but I’ve heard others have it until 12 weeks?

ayishabakir

#1025 Post by ayishabakir » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:00 pm

Hopeful2021 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:00 pm
Good luck for the morning Robyn

Tashtash thank you :)

Does anyone know how long we are meant to carry on pessaries for - my protocol says only until 6th week Post transfer but I’ve heard others have it until 12 weeks?
Hopeful - I have been told to take till 12 weeks.