June/July Cycle Buddies

Are you with me?

Moderator: Administrator

ZoeS

June/July Cycle Buddies

#1 Post by ZoeS » Fri May 15, 2020 6:00 pm

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd start this up and see who else might be cycling with me. After my recent chemical I have been given the go ahead to start BCP when I start my period then begin down reg for my FET cycle day 19 of the pill!

End of June beginning of July transfer I think depending on my lining scans.

:D
Carrier of X-linked genetic condition
Me 29 Husband 33
ICSI PGD #1 April/May15 - BFP - Early miscarriage - No healthy frosties
ICSI PGD # 2 Aug15 - BFP - Due May16
FET #1 April 20 - Chemical - 2 frosties left
FET #2 - June 20?

Fideeks

Re: June/July Cycle Buddies

#2 Post by Fideeks » Sat May 16, 2020 8:22 am

I’m with you ZoeS!

Care have said I can most likely start my FET on day 1 which is approx 24th May. Slightly less intrusive attempt this time, oestrogen three time’s a day then progesterone. Pleased to have a break from the injections.

My history is a male factor (testicular cancer) but I got pregnant on first icsi attempt (now I have a four year old son) due to that success I went into the next try with high expectations and 6 transfers later we are still trying. I now have 4 embryos in the freezer and after these have been tried I am done. Very much looking forward to moving on from this limbo state of trying. Obviously one of them working would be a nice surprise! No known issues with me, so it’s a chromosome issue and we haven’t found the right match yet.

Good luck ZoeS and I’m pleased you have had the go ahead too 😊

ZoeS

#3 Post by ZoeS » Sat May 16, 2020 2:58 pm

Hi Fideeks!

Looks like we will be cycling together then 😁

Are you not doing a down reg this time? Definitely a bonus with less needles. I don't mind the little insulin type needles but I am also doing progesteron intramuscular...I can't do them, my hubby does it 😅

Similar to me but we are doing it for genetic reasons so my embryos were tested for the gene just not chromosomes. I had an early miscarriage with our first try then the second we got our daughter. 3 frosties I thought I wouldn't have any issues again but we had a chemical. Our consultant said it is most probably an embryo issue not with me as well. So here we are hoping for some luck with our next embryo!

We have 2 more chances, hopefully it will work this next try!

Which Care are you with? I am with Nottingham x
Me 29 Husband 33
FET #2 - June 20?

Fideeks

#4 Post by Fideeks » Sun May 17, 2020 8:39 am

Hi ZoeS,

Sorry to read about what you have been through. It’s so heartbreaking, every step. I’m almost ready to give up but I’ll have regrets if I don’t finish off this cycle.

We are in Manchester. No injections for me this time, I’ve had a natural cycle before. Then one similar to this with pills only, the others were with down regulation and I’ve tried pessaries and injectable progesterone and I’m
quite keen to go back to a milder protocol which also means less appointments to attend at the moment.

I’m hopeful that all can resume next week for me, but they might have a queue of women all trying to book in so who knows. I wonder if we can get antibody testing- I read that was part of their reopening plan, I do hope so!

Does that mean you had PGS testing?

ZoeS

#5 Post by ZoeS » Sun May 17, 2020 9:51 am

It is such a difficult journey but as you say we just aren't ready to throw in the towel yet.

I had PGD testing not PGS. That's why my consultant says my embryos may have a chromosome problem which is why they fail. It is pot luck.

I Would love a milder protocol. I am doing down reg again though...I might ask for my final cycle if this doesn't work.

I hope you get the go ahead too. I kept bugging my clinic haha. I just hope my period arrives on time now. I ovulated on Friday so roughly 2 weeks from then.
Me 29 Husband 33
FET #2 - June 20?

annabelle25

#6 Post by annabelle25 » Sun May 17, 2020 9:05 pm

Hi All,

I arranged my scanning appointment to check my baselines and then skype planning appointment for the day after - we have the appointments in under 2 weeks time - we had our original appointments cancelled following the coronavirus outbreak. Unfortunately I've had to change consultants or wait even longer for our chosen consultant to come back from furlough. We should be starting treatment at Nottingham in June/July we hope although it could tip into August. Bit nervous about it all as we had our daughter in 2016 from a FET following a failed fresh cycle and I've had my head out of it for so long now. We originally had treatment in Tamworth but have followed our consultant to Nottingham - just hoping it all works out.

Has anyone used any of the access packages?

xxx

ZoeS

#7 Post by ZoeS » Sun May 17, 2020 9:38 pm

Hi Annabelle,

I am at Nottingham, who is your consultant there? Mine is Dr Francis. I have never used an access package.

I had my daughter in 2016 too 😊 Let's hope we can give them a sibling.

Good luck with your scan. FET are much more straightforward so hopefully you can start ASAP too.
Me 29 Husband 33
FET #2 - June 20?

Fideeks

#8 Post by Fideeks » Sun May 17, 2020 10:52 pm

My son is also a 2016 baby 😊

Hi Annabelle25, I am using the access package... there were a few options and we paid for the two cycles one. Great that you are getting the ball rolling. It will be like riding a bike 😂

ZoeS it really is luck of the draw with these embryos! It’s a bit like Russian roulette. It was a new consultant that’s did my review as my own is not available and he didn’t mention it was changing to this one, it was only when I saw the protocol I realised it was mild. But I’m just going to go with the flow and see how it goes, if it doesn’t work I’ll probably go full turbo on all the injections for the next one!

Ire1

#9 Post by Ire1 » Mon May 18, 2020 7:12 am

Good morning all .....

I hope you don’t mind me joining in ... I am hoping I will be starting in July time! We are waiting to be referred through our nhs clinic first though so I might be being a bit naive wifh waiting times :? !!! Xxx

Fideeks

#10 Post by Fideeks » Mon May 18, 2020 7:20 pm

Hi Ire1,

I do hope you have a straight forward process and no unnecessary delays!

Is this your first cycle?

Ire1

#11 Post by Ire1 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:22 pm

It is yes so not sure what to expect and very nervous!! We will be at care Nottingham ...

How are you all doing ? Xx

Hopeful10

#12 Post by Hopeful10 » Mon May 18, 2020 11:17 pm

Hoping I can join you ladies too. We’re with Care Nottingham and will start down-regulating in a couple of weeks on 2nd June. We were meant to start last month so really glad clinics are re-opening. We’re doing PGD and need to have an egg collection and freeze any embryos that we have this time. Had one previous egg collection, followed by lots of problems with lining. Our first transfer worked but I had a missed miscarriage at around 10 weeks. Needless to say we were devastated. Had a second transfer in January but it was a BFN. Feeling nervous about the whole thing but eager to just be able to move forward x

Nice to have some others to share the journey with. When will you all be starting?

ZoeS - It’s lovely to find another PGDer as there aren’t that many of us. Also great to hear that your treatment was a success.

Fideeks - That’s a good number of embryos. Hopefully this will be the time you get a sibling for your little one. Wish we had less injections! I’m on three a day this time x

Annabelle25 - Interesting that you followed your consultant to a different clinic. Great that your scan and appointment are all booked in. Our treatment is NHS Dundee so not looked into the access packages.

Ire1 - Hoping your referral comes through quickly. How are you feeling about it all?

ZoeS

#13 Post by ZoeS » Tue May 19, 2020 8:32 am

Hi Hopeful!

I can't fault Care Nottingham, they are fab! Will you have to drive from Dundee!?
All the luck for this cycle 🤞 When we did ours it was a day 3 testing and day 5 transfer but I understand now they test day 5 and freeze for an FET. FET is so much easier than a fresh!

xx
Me 29 Husband 33
FET #2 - June 20?

ZoeS

#14 Post by ZoeS » Tue May 19, 2020 8:34 am

Hi Ire,

I hope your referral comes through quickly. Don't feel bad about ringing Care to check on the status. I did that all the time when I was waiting and they are used to it!
Me 29 Husband 33
FET #2 - June 20?

Ire1

#15 Post by Ire1 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:48 am

Hopeful - thank you!! Sorry to hear about your miscarriage :( sending love! I’m feeling like it’s a lot of information to process... I’m watching YouTube videos etc to see what happens and the process but I can’t get my head around it all! Hopefully once I get my protocol etc it will make it a lot clearer ! It’s the supplements etc that I hope I am taking the right ones! And what questions etc to ask at appointments! I would appwreciwte any advice if you have any :) xx

ZoeS - me too!! It’s from the nhs side which is the delay which is so annoying!! We had to have a blood test that needed to be sent with our referral but this was just before the whole covid lockdown and I’m getting worried incase we get lost in the system because our Consultant told us to ring once the blood test had been done and then they will refer us to Nottingham , but I’ve rang and they said none of the regular staff are working including the medical secretary and neither is the Consultant ( which is completely understandable considering the circumstances) xx

Are you with care Nottingham? Xx

Luckybabe37

#16 Post by Luckybabe37 » Tue May 19, 2020 11:45 am

Good luck to u all ladies am with care Sheffield they have bein brillant! Am 35 weeks pregnant with my 💙 Ano it’s a tuff road but the key is never give me it took us 10 years to get here and a lot of money spent but worth it xx

Ire1

#17 Post by Ire1 » Tue May 19, 2020 1:59 pm

Luckybabe37 - thank you!! And all the best to you for labour etc :-) x

pizzagirl

#18 Post by pizzagirl » Tue May 19, 2020 4:00 pm

Hi ladies - excited to be joining you now I have dates confirmed! Starting Norehisterone next week, with a view to having FET at the end of June. Our last frozen embryo, so keeping everything crossed. I've had lining issues in the past, so considering Neupogen infusion this time. Anyone tried that?

SLA

#19 Post by SLA » Tue May 19, 2020 4:10 pm

Hi all
Hope you don’t mind me joining, I have been checking to see if any new groups had come up so glad to see this :)

This is my first ivf cycle with ICSI and due to start buserelin this Saturday! I’m feeling really excited but as Saturday gets closer, a bit more nervous! Had my needle teach In March so think I can remember what to do lol we were originally meant to start on the 26th March, so glad the clinics are reopened as getting to this point has taken so long! I am with Care Northampton

Xx

Hopeful10

#20 Post by Hopeful10 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:32 pm

ZoeS - Lol! Dundee?!? We’re up in the North East. It takes 3 hours for us to get to Care. Dundee was autocorrect! Your right ours is day 5 biopsy and freezing.

Ire1 - I remember feeling overwhelmed like that ahead of our first cycle. It’s very hard waiting when you just want to find out more. I think it makes more sense once you have your protocol. Ask away with any questions though. I’m happy to answer or the other ladies on here have plenty of experience. I found BFN podcast helpful and interesting.

Annabelle25 - my last message should have said ‘NHS Funded’ but autocorrected to Dundee! Not sure why as I’ve never been there! Lol!

Pizzagirl - good you have a date to start and very soon. I’ve also have issues with lining. Tried several methods with lots of estrogen and had to have a scan but wasn’t anything to be found. On my last transfer lining was thicker but could have just been one of those things. I had added in yoga for lining thickness! Probably had nothing to do with that but you could give it a try. If it hadn’t been laid down when she scanned me and told me I would have fell over! I haven’t tried neupogen.

SLA - very exciting that you’re ready to start on Saturday. There are videos of how to do the injections if you need a refresher but I’m sure you will be fine.

AFM - Trying to loose a few pounds ahead of starting in a few weeks while focusing on staying calm and well. I’m so happy to have you ladies to go through this with. It’s just such a crazy time x

Ire1

#21 Post by Ire1 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:28 am

Hopeful10- thank you!!! .... oh that’s made me smile... I did wonder wow Dundee to Nottingham is a very long journey!!! Xx

SLA- how exciting! I think we will be doing a ICSI xx

Pizza girl - good luck with everything xx

ZoeS

#22 Post by ZoeS » Wed May 20, 2020 5:41 pm

Pizza girl and SLA how exciting you have start dates!!

Hopeful I was wondering haha!! 3 hours is still a long drive but you will be receiving fantastic care and treatment. I have also started back with slimming world hoping to lose weight prior to transfer.

Has anyone used progynova vaginally? That is the only change to my protocol which I assume is because my lining took a while to thicken last time!
Me 29 Husband 33
FET #2 - June 20?

Hopeful10

#23 Post by Hopeful10 » Thu May 21, 2020 12:09 am

ZoeS - I have had progynova vaginally. It didn’t make a difference for me but hopefully it will for you. How much will you be on?What did your lining get to last time? We have previously had some of our scans locally but will have to see if this is possible this time with covid. If not we’ll joust have to get used to the 3 hours journey back and forth for scans.

Ire1 - We also had and will have ICSI x

pizzagirl

#24 Post by pizzagirl » Thu May 21, 2020 7:55 am

Zoe, I've used both progesterone pessaries and injections. I actually prefer the injections because even though it's a flipping massive needle, I don't find it painful and the pessaries are pretty yucky. This round I'm doing both, what a treat!

Ire, it's full on, but Care will take you through everything and I've found the nurses very helpful. Like others have said, ask away here, always happy to help if I can.

SLA - only 2 days until Saturday, how exciting to get going! Anticipation is the worst, once that first injection is done, you'll be fine!

Hopeful - can sympathise with you on MMCs, it is so upsetting and a total shock when you've had no warning signs. Fingers crossed for a strong collection round and good PGD results!

Annabelle - hope you get dates sorted soon, was so happy when I saw clinics were reopening post Covid!

Fideeks - you must be one of the first transfers! Hope AF arrives on time, you'll have to fill us in on what it's like in clinic!

pizzagirl

#25 Post by pizzagirl » Fri May 22, 2020 10:25 am

P.s Hopeful - It would never have occured to me that yoga could thickenwomb lining! But I found loads of YouTube videos, so I'll definitely try this month. Nothing to lose! Are there any videos or channels that you recommend?