Fertility Clinics and Covid19

Discussion group for all IVF topics.

Moderators: CARE Support, Administrator

Smudge75

Fertility Clinics and Covid19

#1 Post by Smudge75 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:00 pm

Hi everyone,

I was feeling rather sad today at the situation the world is in and how our chance to try IVF for a 4th and final time may no longer happen, so I had a look on the Human Fertilisation & Embryology Authority website for any updates.

They have decided that from week commencing 11 May, fertility clinics can apply to reopen. See link below:-

https://www.hfea.gov.uk/treatments/covi ... -patients/

While we have a long way to go with this pandemic, this may alleviate some people’s stresses and strains that go with it. It’s a start but no doubt we need to see what our own clinics decide.

Stay safe everyone x

ZoeS

Re: Fertility Clinics and Covid19

#2 Post by ZoeS » Fri May 01, 2020 5:19 pm

Hi Smudge,

I have just seen this too! I am having a phone review on Monday following a failed chemical FET. I am hoping to start ASAP with my remaining 2 embryos. I assume I'll have to have my May cycle then possibly June start again.
Carrier of X-linked genetic condition
Me 29 Husband 33
ICSI PGD #1 April/May15 - BFP - Early miscarriage - No healthy frosties
ICSI PGD # 2 Aug15 - BFP - Due May16
FET #1 April 20 - Chemical - 2 frosties left
FET #2 - June 20?

thegirlwho

#3 Post by thegirlwho » Fri May 01, 2020 9:07 pm

I am hoping the same, it's the first time I've felt a little more positive since everything kicked off - I had a miscarriage from my first embryo transfer a week before lock down and it felt awful with everything else going on.

Tbh though I am only just having my first proper cycle now after it happened, so I would have been waiting until May/June anyway. It's nice to be feeling excited again, hopefully will be joining people in the 2WW room in no time!

Sam84

#4 Post by Sam84 » Fri May 01, 2020 11:23 pm

Hi All,

Really happy about this news. I’ve had an email from my clinic about it this evening. Had a false test on our first attempt but have 7 frozen embryos to start with as soon as possible! Good luck everyone! X

ZoeS

#5 Post by ZoeS » Sat May 02, 2020 2:23 pm

Such great news for us! Hopefully we may be cycling together?
Does anyone know how long you have to wait after a failed FET? My OTD was 19th April and had my bleed stop 26th.... I am hoping I will have another bleed around 23rd May and cycle from then? I know every clinic is different. I am with care Nottingham.
Me 29 Husband 33
FET #2 - June 20?

Fideeks

#6 Post by Fideeks » Sun May 03, 2020 8:10 am

Hi ZoeS,

I am at care Manchester and I am allowed to back to back treatment, so technically you could start on day 21 of the next cycle, if you have a protocol that starts on day 21.

I have been in touch with them a few times since my failed fresh first week of April (2ww in first week of lockdown was horrific) and they have said to get all paperwork and everything in order to avoid any delays so make sure you get that protocol after your review through so you are ready to go.

Technically I would have had to have a month off for a holiday which has not happened now, so hopefully I can start in June. It’s such a relief to have some guidance finally!

Good luck everyone

ZoeS

#7 Post by ZoeS » Sun May 03, 2020 2:24 pm

Hi Fideeks.

That's good to know, I am going to press for a transfer this cycle. My last FET was cycle day 21 but I was on BCP, I am assuming I can start the pill pack tomorrow and then day 21 of that again?

I will definitely ask for a protocol to be done ASAP. I am a teacher so actually at the minute it is ideal for me as I am not in school!

I hope all goes well with you, keep us updated when you will start.
Me 29 Husband 33
FET #2 - June 20?

annabelle25

#8 Post by annabelle25 » Sun May 03, 2020 3:44 pm

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the forum. My husband and I were due to have our planning scans and appointment on the 6th of April - it's taken us a huge amount of time to get to this point following the birth of our daughter in August 2016 from a FET. We've had our appointment rearranged for the start of June and we were hoping to start treatment during/as close to the summer holidays as possible as we are both teachers. Feel so nervous about starting again and lockdown certainly isn't helping my weight loss :(

Hope everyone gets some good news regarding their treatment over the next couple of weeks.

x

ZoeS

#9 Post by ZoeS » Sun May 03, 2020 5:33 pm

Hi Annabelle

I am also a teacher, secondary. I'm not having to go into school at the moment so I am hoping to be able to have treatment if we don't go back to school before summer holidays...actually hoping we don't as I am quite worried about being in a classroom full of kids!
Me 29 Husband 33
FET #2 - June 20?

annabelle25

#10 Post by annabelle25 » Sun May 03, 2020 7:41 pm

Hi ZoeS,

I’m secondary too...science...I’ve had to teach the children all about ivf this year, hoping I’ve dispelled some of their misconceptions about it all.

I would love to get going with it but I’m hoping to get a slight promotion so I’ve got to just see how all that goes in the next few weeks before we do or say anything, my head knows about us wanting to start treatment again and is supportive but obviously got to be careful around work. We’re also in the middle of moving house so we have to wait until we’ve moved before we can fully start treatment.

Can completely understand about not wanting to be in school with all of this. I’m in once every other week at the moment, I wouldn’t be able to if I were pregnant. During my last pregnancy the kids were generally really good but no one has done it under these circumstances. What ever happens schools will have to re think all their policies and risk assessments.

Fingers crossed you can get through your treatment without being in school 😊
X

ZoeS

#11 Post by ZoeS » Mon May 04, 2020 4:24 pm

So after my review I have to have blood tests to check Thyroid, Antibody and Vitamin D. Has anyone had these before and what was the outcome?

My consultant wants to rule out any other issues prior to transfer as I only have 2 embies left. He said my chemical was most probably due to chromosome problems and not me which is encouraging. My lining was actually 8.5mm so that was better than I thought.
Me 29 Husband 33
FET #2 - June 20?

zacharysmum

#12 Post by zacharysmum » Mon May 04, 2020 11:10 pm

I’m waiting to do a fresh cycle so I’m hoping we’re good to go by June. Fingers crossed xx
Me-39 oh-39

Ivf 1 2013 6 blasts April 2013 bfn
Fet 1 DS born May 2014 💙
Fet 2 Dec 2014 msc
Fet 3 DD March 2016💗
Natural bfp DS May 2017 👼
2nd Ivf 2 blasts Nov 2017 msc
Fet 1 DS Jan 2019 🌈💙
Ivf 3 hoping 2020

Ericandjill

#13 Post by Ericandjill » Tue May 05, 2020 6:27 am

Hi all,
Hope you are all keeping well. Such a positive step all this, I'm a nurse working on the front line so so happy to have something to look forward to. I'm having treatment with donor sperm at care Manchester. We were matched just as lockdown was starting. Just incase anyone on here is waiting for sperm from the central bank from care in Nottingham, I spoke with them today and they said the lady that organises delivery has been furloughed so they dont have any idea when deliveries will be taking place 🤦‍♀️ im hoping that once they have been confirmed as reopening after 11th things might start back. Everything is so unknown!! Stay safe everybody xx

annabelle25

#14 Post by annabelle25 » Tue May 05, 2020 5:36 pm

Hi ericaandjill,

We used donor sperm for my daughter in 2016, we have some more of the donor saved in Tamworth where we originally had treatment, we’re hoping to move to Nottingham to continue treatment with the doctor who managed to get us our daughter. I’m so glad you’ve posted, means the chances of our sperm being transported over are slim for now. Got everything crossed we can have our treatment this summer.
Our doctor at Nottingham has also been furloughed so we couldn’t even do anything on skype to get a protocol in place. I’m hoping I can have my baseline scans at the beginning of June as planned.

Hope everyone is keeping safe x