Corona virus and whether to start treatment??

Discussion group for all IVF topics.

Moderators: CARE Support, Administrator

Post Reply
Message
Author
missl
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:17 pm
Contact:

Corona virus and whether to start treatment??

#1 Post by missl » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:04 pm

Hi
We are due to start our fet treatment in 3 weeks.
We are just really unsure whether to start our treatment as we just don’t know what is happening with corona virus.
I don’t start down regging for another 3 weeks,so we still have time to think about it. I was just wondering how others out there were feeling about starting treatment with all this going on?

Sarah xx

Clairebear1984
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:16 am

Re: Corona virus and whether to start treatment??

#2 Post by Clairebear1984 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:13 pm

Hi Sarah

I am currently waiting for AF to turn up ready for my baseline scan on Thursday. It is scary and the unknown we are going to carry on until we are told otherwise. Are you with care? If so they have on their website that I’d you cancel you will only lose money for medication and if they cancel they will pay 50%.

It’s hard to know what to do, but I think just have to stay away from people and carry on.

Xxx

missl
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Corona virus and whether to start treatment??

#3 Post by missl » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:21 pm

Hi clairbear
Yes we are with care. I actually spoke to a nurse there today but she didn’t mention anything about the cost so thankyou for that information.
Xx

Clairebear1984
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:16 am

Re: Corona virus and whether to start treatment??

#4 Post by Clairebear1984 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:22 pm

Not a problem it’s on their website. X

Jemma melissa
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:36 pm

Re: Corona virus and whether to start treatment??

#5 Post by Jemma melissa » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:37 pm

Hello ladies
I’m due to start my FET protocol next month, do you think it will be cancelled? I’ve heard nothing from care and the website information doesn’t say anything about planned treatment
Thanks
Jemma

MillieMay
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:25 pm

Re: Corona virus and whether to start treatment??

#6 Post by MillieMay » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:05 am

My wife and I were due to come in for our initial scans and blood tests this week, but my wife is on immunosuppressant medication therefore high risk of complications should she catch Covid-19, so we have had to make the painful decision to delay starting treatment.

We have waited so long to save up for this and now we don't know how long we will have to wait. Devastated is an understatement.

I hope everyone on here is doing okay, and hoping we will see a light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Millie x

missl
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Corona virus and whether to start treatment??

#7 Post by missl » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:59 am

Hi everyone.
We have made the decision not to start treatment.i really don’t see the point. Even if we got through all the treatment and had the transfer, If I was to get pregnant I would be so worried.who knows when we will do treatment again but I’d rather everything be back to normal before trying again. Hope your all well and taking care x

Clairebear1984
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:16 am

Re: Corona virus and whether to start treatment??

#8 Post by Clairebear1984 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:51 pm

Hi ladies

I have stopped treatment as well, my step son has a cough so we can’t carry on and we are going to wait a few months hopefully it starts to die down by then.

Xx

missl
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Corona virus and whether to start treatment??

#9 Post by missl » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:41 am

Hope your son is ok clairbear. X

zacharysmum
Posts: 775
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:33 am
Contact:

Re: Corona virus and whether to start treatment??

#10 Post by zacharysmum » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:01 am

Hi I’m doing a freeze all cycle mainly due to my age 40 in October so seems the best idea for me. If they cancel then I get refund and 50% meds refunded. Hoping this works but I know there’s a risk of lockdown etc..
Me-38 oh-38

Ivf 1 2013 6 blasts
Fet 1 DS born May 2014 💙
Fet 2 Dec 2014 msc
Fet 3 DD born March 2016💗
Natural DS may 2017 👼💙
IVF 2 msc
Fet 4 DS Jan 2019 🌈💙

MrsAAO
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:20 am

Re: Corona virus and whether to start treatment??

#11 Post by MrsAAO » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:28 pm

Hi everyone

I spoke to care today and they are no longer carrying out treatment. They said there will be a further update on the 10th April about when they can start up again.

We are pretty devastated, but we understand why. I am so torn between knowing it’s better to play it safe and gutted that we have to wait even longer.

We have been TTC for a little over 3 years with unexplained infertility and just had our first ICSI fresh cycle, which failed. I
know that’s probably nothing compared to some, it’s just hard to go from the high of starting treatment to this.

How is everyone coping?

X

zacharysmum
Posts: 775
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:33 am
Contact:

Re: Corona virus and whether to start treatment??

#12 Post by zacharysmum » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:28 pm

Hi I also had the call on Monday treatment can’t start. So will have to wait and see what happens. Probably for the best as it seems to be so serious. Fingers crossed the situation improves shortly x
Me-38 oh-38

Ivf 1 2013 6 blasts
Fet 1 DS born May 2014 💙
Fet 2 Dec 2014 msc
Fet 3 DD born March 2016💗
Natural DS may 2017 👼💙
IVF 2 msc
Fet 4 DS Jan 2019 🌈💙

MillieMay
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:25 pm

Re: Corona virus and whether to start treatment??

#13 Post by MillieMay » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:52 am

Hope everyone is doing okay and staying safe.

I'm trying to keep telling myself it's all for the best but I can't help feeling so sad that we finally got to the point where we'd saved up enough money to start treatment and then the opportunity is snatched away. I also worry that when things do start up again, that there will be such a back log we will wait even longer.

How is everyone staying positive? As I'm really struggling.

Post Reply