March/April Cycle and Coronavirus

Are you with me?

Moderator: Administrator

Jo S

March/April Cycle and Coronavirus

#1 Post by Jo S » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:47 pm

Hi everyone! I'm 7 days into the short protocol and will start injecting Menopur early/mid next week. This is our first round of IVF trying for a second child. We were very fortunate our second round worked last time.

I was wondering if anyone has considered or discussed with their clinic the impact of Coronavirus on their cycle, the clinic and funding/costs. I'm fairly pragmatic about the virus and although I am taking all of the recommended precautions, if, as the government suggests, a significant number of the population are likely to get the virus, then it is highly possible I will get it at some point. There is also a high likelihood that by the end of this week anyone with cold or flu symptoms will have to self isolate for 7 days. If get the virus or otherwise have to self isolate during my IVF cycle then it will have to be cancelled which will presumably result in the cancellation fee (we have an Access Fertility package and so need to check at what point we "lose" a cycle). There is also the possibility the clinic will close - what happens then? We are using donor sperm and so as well as financial disruption, we don't want to lose any sperm, although I can't see why that would happen.

I am considering stopping the cycle before I start on the expensive drugs/incur the costs of scans etc and waiting to see how it all plays out but we have been waiting for a while for treatment and so I am also reluctant to stop now we are so close. Has anyone else had any thoughts around this? I am planning to discuss with Care but anticipate they will leave the decision up to us.

Sorry if this sounds very self centred - I know a global pandemic is more important than our IVF cycle but I would appreciate your help!

Smudge75

Re: March/April Cycle and Coronavirus

#2 Post by Smudge75 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:42 pm

Hi

The current situation has also had me wondering about this.

I think there is another cobra meeting today, see what the Government come back with x

Clairebear1984

#3 Post by Clairebear1984 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:44 pm

Hi ladies,

I am just starting on my 4th fresh cycle. I went into the clinic today they are taking your temperature as you 1st walk in and there are signs on the door saying do not enter if you have been to certain countries. I asked if we are put in lockdown and she advised no certainty but if on lockdown they will stop the treatment no matter where you are and will freeze embryos no matter what day they are on.

This is what I have been told but nothing official or certain.

Xx

Jo S

#4 Post by Jo S » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:34 pm

Great that's helpful thank you! I will call them tomorrow and see what they say.

matgirl

#5 Post by matgirl » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:31 pm

I'm midway through a fresh cycle and going tomorrow for my down reg scan. If they take my temperature I'm hoping it won't be in the middle of an horrendous hot flush as a result of the buserelin! I'm surprised there has been no communication about it all but taking that as no news is good news. If there are no further restrictions I guess it will all depend on the staff at the clinics remaining fit and healthy, fingers crossed. As if this process isn't stressful enough already I can't imagine having got this far to have to stop! I don't have the energy or inclination at the moment to go through the fine print of my access fertility agreement although I probably should. Good luck to everyone x
3 IUI's, 1 bfp, MMC 10 weeks
First IVF Feb 2017- BFN
FET June 2017- BFN
FET October 2017- BFP!! Beautiful Baby Girl born June 2018

Smudge75

#6 Post by Smudge75 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:04 pm

They’ve posted information in their website, just in case you haven’t seen x

https://www.carefertility.com/our-respo ... situation/

Jo S

#7 Post by Jo S » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:27 pm

Hope everyone is doing ok in these uncertain times. We decided to continue treatment on the basis of Care’s statement earlier in the week that if you have to cancel they will redo the cycle for free and if they cancel they will also refund half the medication costs.

The statement had changed today. It is pretty unclear now but I think they now only give a free cycle if they have to cancel before egg collection but no mention of medication.

Pretty annoyed this policy has changed and thought it was worth pointing out.

ZoeS

#8 Post by ZoeS » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:05 pm

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd message. I am currently taking estrogen and have my lining scan on Saturday to check before FET. Praying it is all fine. Care have said everything is going ahead as normal for those mid cycle....
Carrier of X-linked genetic condition
Me 25 Husband 29
ICSI PGD #1 April/May15 - BFP - Early miscarriage - No healthy frosties
ICSI PGD # 2 Aug15 - BFP - Due May16