March/April 2020

Are you with me?

Moderator: Administrator

matgirl

March/April 2020

#1 Post by matgirl » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:39 pm

Hi Ladies, is anyone getting started in March/April? I've just received my protocol through so starting to feel real now!
3 IUI's, 1 bfp, MMC 10 weeks
First IVF Feb 2017- BFN
FET June 2017- BFN
FET October 2017- BFP!! Beautiful Baby Girl born June 2018

becs3

Re: March/April 2020

#2 Post by becs3 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:51 am

Hi matgirl
I've just had unsuccessful fet this month. Got one last chance.. Want to get started straight away. Got my review on the 19th so hopefully they will allow me to go next month

I've got a little boy from my first fet may 18

matgirl

#3 Post by matgirl » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:04 pm

Hi Becs, ahh sorry to hear you've just had a failed FET, great news that you feel ready to get going again though! It definitely feels more stressful when it's your last one in the freezer. I think they made me wait 2/3 cycles before going again when I was in the same situation but they didn't say why.
I was in the same situation and it all worked out perfectly, but I then knew that if we wanted number 2 that I would have to do the full cycle again (and pay for it!!) so we have decided to go for it. Feels very different this time, less pressure because we already have our daughter but more stressful as I have no idea how I am going to cope with the fresh cycle whilst managing a very active toddler! :roll:
Which clinic are you with?
First IVF Feb 2017- BFN
FET June 2017- BFN

becs3

#4 Post by becs3 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:54 pm

Aww I see. So maybe looking at April /may then. Gives me some time to save up😂😂

I'm. Not with a care clinic.. Im with an I dependant clinic just outside Cardiff.

I've done 4 fresh unsuccessful cycles.. 2 on the NHS and 2 with this clinic and 2 fet. This is my last go

It's More mentally that I dont think I could cope with another egg collection
Plus our ages are a fact. I'm 38 this year and hubby is 43.

I know what you mean about pressure. I'm wondering if I didnt take it as serious as the last one..

Which clinic are you with.

Luckybabe37

#5 Post by Luckybabe37 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:00 pm

This is why I went with donor A free 3 failed cycles spent 30 grand! And got no we’re with own eggs. Donor worked 1st time with care there brillant . X

Luckybabe37

#6 Post by Luckybabe37 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:01 pm

Egg collection was so painfull ! I cudnt do it again no way and age is the problem to gettin good eggs! X

matgirl

#7 Post by matgirl » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:19 pm

Hi Becs, ahh wow well I think you can definitely say you've given it everything you've got! And sometimes you find the last one is the one that's meant to be! You have to draw the line somewhere and you are super strong to have gone through 4 fresh cycles. I only did one and two FET's last time. We have gone with the access multi-cycle package so I will be doing 2 fresh cycles maximum, all the FET'S are included in the price too so I thought that was quite good. Time is not on our side either as I have just turned 41 so it really is this year or not at all but i like having that end point as it means if we have no joy then it's job done and we will move on with life with the blessing of one little miracle. I think it's more that I want her to have a brother or sister that's close in age than for me too if that makes sense!
First IVF Feb 2017- BFN
FET June 2017- BFN

becs3

#8 Post by becs3 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:58 pm

Totally get that with wanting to get your little one a sibling. Fingers crossed for both of us.

Are you just waiting for your af and then full steam ahead?

Ire1

#9 Post by Ire1 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:29 pm

Hello!! I hope you are all okay!!

I am hopefully starting end of April!!! Xxx

matgirl

#10 Post by matgirl » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:13 pm

Hi Becs, bloming hell daughter has had an awful virus so been offline. Hopefully out of the way before I start down regging! AF came last Saturday, early for once so I'll start down regging on the 29th Feb, ahh need to get my drugs sorted now. So expensive, although I shopped around and ASDA were £400 cheaper than Care so going to do that. Did you do a short or long protocol for your FET? Not long till your review now, hope they let you get going asap!

Hi Ire1, welcome!! Is this your first round? Which clinic are you with? x
First IVF Feb 2017- BFN
FET June 2017- BFN

Ire1

#11 Post by Ire1 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:36 am

Morning !!

Yes first round and I am so nervous. I really don’t know what to expect! I have been fine so far and just broke down this week when reality hit what is about to come!

How long do you down reg for? We haven’t been given our protocol yet so I’m not sure which one I will be on, as we are signing papers this month ! I have researched but nothing seems clear!! Are you able to shed some light on the process and timescales etc?
We will be at Care Nottingham I think

Wishing you all the luck in the world!
Xxxx

matgirl

#12 Post by matgirl » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:28 pm

Hi Ire1, Ahh it is daunting but you are in good hands with Nottingham, I am with them too! It's really hard to say but based on my experience last time a rough outline on long protocol was

Down reg- On day 21 start injections, have a bleed 7-14 days later, a week after that go for a scan at care to check lining is thin and ovaries are quiet

Stimulation- Once down reg confirmed start 2nd lot of injections, go to care after 6 days and 8 days and then everyday or every other day. Total stimulation can be anything from 8-18 days or longer I guess!

Egg collection- When at least one follicle is 18mm you go in for your egg collection (under anaesthetic). Partner does a sample the same day

Updates- They then call everyday to let you know first day how many fertilised and then after that how they are progressing.

Embryo transfer- on day 3 or 5 you will go in for transfer. They aim for day 5 as they will have reached blastocyst by this stage and therefore better chance but if you only have a couple available they won't risk having nothing to go back and will call you in for a 3 day transfer.

Then the dreaded two week wait till you can test!!

The short protocol is mainly used when low antral follicle count is the reason for infertility, where maybe the most amount of eggs available will be around 4. On this one you don't down reg and just start stimulation on day 1 of your period.

Hope that helps a little! x
First IVF Feb 2017- BFN
FET June 2017- BFN

Ire1

#13 Post by Ire1 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:21 pm

Oh wow no that’s amazing! That has helped a lot!!

Do they give anything to induce a period as I have really irregular cycles and can go months without one.

How are you doing? Xx

matgirl

#14 Post by matgirl » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:36 am

Hi Ire1, sorry for the delay I too have just had a meltdown as I start my injections tomorrow and it's just hit me what I'm about to undertake!!

Sorry I can't help with the ovulation/period question. I'm hoping there is an easy answer for you from the consultant. Have you signed your paperwork or any closer to starting?

Becs, how did your review go on the 19th, will they let you start soon? x
First IVF Feb 2017- BFN
FET June 2017- BFN

LisaTouhig

#15 Post by LisaTouhig » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:44 pm

Hi ladies, hope you are all well. I'm going to be starting my 3rd fresh cycle in march. My first 2 cycles were at a different hospital. First cycle had a cp at 5 weeks, second cycle was a bfn. Thought we would try a new clinic and we are feeling very excited. We are self funding at my partner has triplets with his first marriage. This is our last go and it's so expensive. Just found out in going on the long protocol. Just waiting for the finance team to contact me 😬😂.

matgirl

#16 Post by matgirl » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:28 pm

Hi Lisa, ahh it sounds like you have been on a journey so far. A new clinic sounds might just be all it takes! Where have you chosen? So good that you are excited too, positive vibes! x
First IVF Feb 2017- BFN
FET June 2017- BFN

becs3

#17 Post by becs3 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:26 pm

Hi ladies.

Review went well and said I could start on my next period. Had my treatment plan today. I'm actually on day 3 as started bang on 28 days so I'm on for egg transfer the end of April. 🙈🙈🙈🙈

Start tablets on the 19th, Injections end of march. My first scan is booked for 9th April.

Matgirl how you getting on. With your injections?

Ire1

#18 Post by Ire1 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:15 pm

Hi Matgirl,

Thanks okay! How are you getting on with the injections? How’s things xx

We won’t actually get referred until end of March because we need to do have blood tests etc once we get back off holiday for zika etc so by time all that’s done I don’t think it won’t be until May until I actually get to start properly!!

Becs3 - that’s exciting news!! 19th will soon be here!!

Lisa - how long did they say it would take for the finance team to take? Good luck :-) xx

jenz1988

#19 Post by jenz1988 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:00 pm

Hi ladies

High FSH/Low AMH - Low ovarian reserve
DH sperm issue
Fresh ICSI Jan15 - 4 blasts
1 back, 3 frozen BFP boy born Oct15 💙
FET Nov19 - cancelled-fluid in lining
FET Jan20 - cancelled fluid again
Natural cycle Feb20-cancelled 😣 fluid again! and possible ovulation over weekend (clinic not open on a weekend and ET would've fallen on a weekend)

They're now convinced it wasn't the medication causing the fluid as it was in my lining on a natural cycle - it wasn't on my fresh cycle and a ultrasound during a time where I wasn't on the meds showed no fluid so going to go again on medication when I come on at the end of March and hope for some good luck 🤞
DH sperm issue
Natural cycle Feb20-cancelled 😣

Buttonboon

#20 Post by Buttonboon » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:22 am

jenz1988 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:00 pm
Hi ladies

DH sperm issue
Natural cycle Feb20-cancelled 😣 fluid again! and possible ovulation over weekend (clinic not open on a weekend and ET would've fallen on a weekend)

They're now convinced it wasn't the medication causing the fluid as it was in my lining on a natural cycle - it wasn't on my fresh cycle and a ultrasound during a time where I wasn't on the meds showed no fluid so going to go again on medication when I come on at the end of March and hope for some good luck 🤞
Hi jenz1988

I hope you don’t mind me jumping into the conversation.

I just noticed that you’ve had some problems with fluid and I’m wondering what they think it might be, or what advice they’ve given you?

I’ve had the same issue previously, but it was always gone on my next scan. This has happened on two occasions. However, I had a a follow up today after a failed fresh transfer and my consultant advised me to clip my tubes! I feel this is very drastic since I’ve had two hsgs and Hysteroscopys that came back normal and showed no signs of fluid.

So I’m just seeing if there could be other causes x

jenz1988

#21 Post by jenz1988 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:16 am

Buttonboon wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:22 am
jenz1988 wrote:
Hi ladies

DH sperm issue

Hi jenz1988

I just noticed that you’ve had some problems with fluid and I’m wondering what they think it might be, or what advice they’ve given you?

I’ve had the same issue previously, but it was always gone on my next scan. This has happened on two occasions. However, I had a a follow up today after a failed fresh transfer and my consultant advised me to clip my tubes! I feel this is very drastic since I’ve had two hsgs and Hysteroscopys that came back normal and showed no signs of fluid.

Oh my goodness that sounds horrendous! Why would they suggest that if you've had the tests and can see it's not hydrosalpinx!

They don't have a clue. Said it's very bad luck :? :x
Some clinics in America try aspirating the fluid but don't tend to have much success with pregnancy unfortunately so fear I'm fighting a losing battle.
There's so little research they are absolutely stumped!
Meanwhile the process just keeps going around in circles and I'm no further on since October. I was thinking about instructing them to just try and stick an embryo in but one one of my 3 is decent quality so I'm not sure.
Have you read much to do with the issue? X
DH sperm issue

Buttonboon

#22 Post by Buttonboon » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:13 am

jenz1988 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:16 am
Buttonboon wrote:
jenz1988 wrote:
Hi ladies

DH sperm issue

Hi jenz1988

Oh my goodness that sounds horrendous! Why would they suggest that if you've had the tests and can see it's not hydrosalpinx!

Some clinics in America try aspirating the fluid but don't tend to have much success with pregnancy unfortunately so fear I'm fighting a losing battle.
Meanwhile the process just keeps going around in circles and I'm no further on since October. I was thinking about instructing them to just try and stick an embryo in but one one of my 3 is decent quality so I'm not sure.
I have no idea! I think I was so shocked in the appt it took a while for it to sink in. So after I left I’ve though more about it and I just don’t understand the reasoning.

She said it may be there is fluid and that’s caused the chemical pregnancy. But I just feel there could be so many more reasons. It was put first attempt and I have severe endometriosis so that could have been a factor. To assume there is fluid, as it’s shown on two scans (which were separate cycles) after one attempt and suggest I have my tubes clipped seems hasty to me.

It must be so frustrating not having my answers. Have you had any investigations for it? I really hope it clears up for you, I know it’s so disheartening when they say they might have to cancel or it doesn’t go ahead.

I’ve done a lot of reading into it previously and have done some research into it after my appt yesterday. The thing is often there is no reason for it and it could be down to a number of factors. So I’m very reluctant to take such a drastic measure when it’s only ever appeared twice and both times cleared up.

I really hope yours eventually resolves itself. I understand why you would consider attempting to put an embryo back, I’ve been at the stage where everything keeps getting delayed and you feel like your getting nowhere. I suppose you just have to decide whether it’s worth the potential risk. That must be a really hard decision to make as there is no obvious reason for it being there. Are they going to look into it any further? x

jenz1988

#23 Post by jenz1988 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:33 am

Buttonboon wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:13 am
jenz1988 wrote:
Buttonboon wrote:

Hi jenz1988

I have no idea! I think I was so shocked in the appt it took a while for it to sink in. So after I left I’ve though more about it and I just don’t understand the reasoning.

She said it may be there is fluid and that’s caused the chemical pregnancy. But I just feel there could be so many more reasons. It was put first attempt and I have severe endometriosis so that could have been a factor. To assume there is fluid, as it’s shown on two scans (which were separate cycles) after one attempt and suggest I have my tubes clipped seems hasty to me.

It must be so frustrating not having my answers. Have you had any investigations for it? I really hope it clears up for you, I know it’s so disheartening when they say they might have to cancel or it doesn’t go ahead.

I’ve done a lot of reading into it previously and have done some research into it after my appt yesterday. The thing is often there is no reason for it and it could be down to a number of factors. So I’m very reluctant to take such a drastic measure when it’s only ever appeared twice and both times cleared up.

I really hope yours eventually resolves itself. I understand why you would consider attempting to put an embryo back, I’ve been at the stage where everything keeps getting delayed and you feel like your getting nowhere. I suppose you just have to decide whether it’s worth the potential risk. That must be a really hard decision to make as there is no obvious reason for it being there. Are they going to look into it any further? x
It's definitely very hasty and personally I wouldn't consider it due to your test results and it not being frequent. If a hysterescopy is showing your tubes aren't leaking why would they want to do that to you?! Just smacks of them not knowing what to do next but it's far too drastic in my opinion!

We are trying a medicated cycle again when I come on this month and hoping for the best.....that's basically what the doc said.

He's referred me back to the NHS to have a hysterescopy but I was sat in the gynaecologist office literally two minutes and he refused to do it. He said it's totally normal for fluid to be there (although I think it's normal for fluid to be in your uterine cavity but possibly not the lining) and he wrote to Care to tell them he wouldn't do it as not worth risking infection etc
So I expect if we get cancelled again they'll refer me again.
But from your point of view you're all good from that point of view and you've had the tests that were normal so I don't know what the point of them referring again would be.
I hope you get some answers. Maybe go again and fingers crossed?! That's all I'm going on at the moment!
I think because we have had a successful cycle and there was no fluid and I had an ultrasound before my gynaecologist appointment and there was no fluid so we are all hoping there's none this time. X
DH sperm issue

Buttonboon

#24 Post by Buttonboon » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:22 pm

jenz1988 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:33 am
Buttonboon wrote:
jenz1988 wrote:

It's definitely very hasty and personally I wouldn't consider it due to your test results and it not being frequent. If a hysterescopy is showing your tubes aren't leaking why would they want to do that to you?! Just smacks of them not knowing what to do next but it's far too drastic in my opinion!

We are trying a medicated cycle again when I come on this month and hoping for the best.....that's basically what the doc said.

He's referred me back to the NHS to have a hysterescopy but I was sat in the gynaecologist office literally two minutes and he refused to do it. He said it's totally normal for fluid to be there (although I think it's normal for fluid to be in your uterine cavity but possibly not the lining) and he wrote to Care to tell them he wouldn't do it as not worth risking infection etc
But from your point of view you're all good from that point of view and you've had the tests that were normal so I don't know what the point of them referring again would be.
I hope you get some answers. Maybe go again and fingers crossed?! That's all I'm going on at the moment!
I think because we have had a successful cycle and there was no fluid and I had an ultrasound before my gynaecologist appointment and there was no fluid so we are all hoping there's none this time. X
I agree. I’d kind of made the decision I wasn’t going ahead with it and I’m glad to have a second opinion. You’ve really helped, so thank you.

In all honesty I don’t think the consultant I’m under would have been happy to do it. He’s an endometriosis specialist and very good, I have an appointment with him next month, so I will ask his opinion, but he’s always been determined to keep everything intact and has never found evidence of fluid either.

It’s so frustrating when they keep referring you back, I understand they want the best outcome, but I do agree that fluid does often appear and doesn’t necessarily mean the worst. I also feel if tests results that are normal aren’t being taken into account, what’s the point of them? It just feels like all the tests I’ve had done and repeated have been disregarded.

That’s great news the fluid had gone on your last scan has gone though, fingers crossed it’s sorted itself out and you can proceed. The waiting is awful. I hope they don’t keep referring you back, it would just seem like such a waste of time when your consultants made his opinion clear x

jenz1988

#25 Post by jenz1988 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:30 pm

Buttonboon wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:22 pm
jenz1988 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:33 am
Buttonboon wrote:

I agree. I’d kind of made the decision I wasn’t going ahead with it and I’m glad to have a second opinion. You’ve really helped, so thank you.

In all honesty I don’t think the consultant I’m under would have been happy to do it. He’s an endometriosis specialist and very good, I have an appointment with him next month, so I will ask his opinion, but he’s always been determined to keep everything intact and has never found evidence of fluid either.

It’s so frustrating when they keep referring you back, I understand they want the best outcome, but I do agree that fluid does often appear and doesn’t necessarily mean the worst. I also feel if tests results that are normal aren’t being taken into account, what’s the point of them? It just feels like all the tests I’ve had done and repeated have been disregarded.

That’s great news the fluid had gone on your last scan has gone though, fingers crossed it’s sorted itself out and you can proceed. The waiting is awful. I hope they don’t keep referring you back, it would just seem like such a waste of time when your consultants made his opinion clear x
Glad you to have helped. It definitely helps to talk to others about similar issues doesn't it.
It's really uncommon all this fluid stuff so trying to find answers is so difficult.
I'm trying to do all the health things on my side right. Lots of wholegrains, protein, oily fish, vegetables, pregnacare vitamins, no caffeine, no alcohol etc etc it's so very frustrating when you can't do anything else! X
DH sperm issue