Egg collection/transfer

Discussion group for all IVF topics.

Moderators: CARE Support, Administrator

Buttonboon

Egg collection/transfer

#1 Post by Buttonboon » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:38 pm

Hello all,

I’ve been told to start my stims today after a positive baseline scan and I’ve had my scans booked in, first one being Wednesday next week. I have 3 scans booked currently.

I’m aware that when you take the trigger shot you have to be available for the date and time given which is fine. However, I’m curious to know if the same applies for egg transfer, or is this more flexible? Ideally I’d like to fit this around work, as I’ll be using the last of my holiday for egg collection and I’m not sure how long it’ll take or what to expect? If anyone could advise that would be great.

Thank you

Sophia25

Re: Egg collection/transfer

#2 Post by Sophia25 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:46 am

Unfortunately there is no answer to this - its just a case of seeing what your eggs do! They may do a transfer on day 3, 4 or 5! As long as you're available those days you will be fine.
Egg collection - you will need time off work and you cant drive home - someone needs to be with you.
Egg transfer - I literally left work, popped into the clinic, had the transfer then went straight back to work … so you may not need much time off depending how far from work your clinic is.

xx

Buttonboon

#3 Post by Buttonboon » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:39 pm

Thanks for the reply Sophia25.

The egg collection will be fine as I’ve booked time off for this. However, I will be using the last of my holiday.

I can work around transfer day, but wanted to know really if you had to be there at a specific time? Or do they offer morning and afternoon appointments.

I work shifts, so for example if I’m working in the morning can I have the transfer in the afternoon? Or does the transfer have to be like egg collection where it HAS to be at the time specified with no flexibility. Obviously if I have to leave work I will, but it just makes things more difficult with no holiday left.

Anya

#4 Post by Anya » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:24 am

In my experience they did all the egg transfers in one batch, i.e. a conveyor belt of women timed to come in every 20 minutes! So you might have some slight flexibility, but probably not over whether it's morning or afternoon. You should be able to find out the different scenarios in advance though if you ask your clinic. Good luck!

Buttonboon

#5 Post by Buttonboon » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:20 pm

Thanks for you response Anya

Hopefully if that’s the case I can fit it around work either before or after if there’s some flexibility. I will try and confirm with my clinic at my next appointment.

donnielime

#6 Post by donnielime » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:43 am

Morning

I got the impression that the egg collection appointments were the earlier morning appointments - from about 7.30am onwards whereas the transfer appointments were later morning/ early afternoon. I might be wrong.... good luck!
me : single lady 40 - donor sperm
1st cycle - ICSI - Sept/Oct 2019 4 eggs, 2 fertilised, 2 3day embryos transferred = BFP <3
Due date 17/07/20

Sophia25

#7 Post by Sophia25 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:26 pm

How did you get on? It all depends what time they tell you to take the final shot - whatever time this is your appointment will be exactly 36 hours after. I was told a few days before what time to take final trigger - suppose its how they can fit you in x

Buttonboon

#8 Post by Buttonboon » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:20 pm

Hi all

Thanks for all the replies.

Well things unfortunately got moved about as I had to stim longer than expected. They ended up increasing dosage and adding more injections, which appears to be working. So its looking like egg collection will be Monday, which means I shouldn’t have a problem fitting the transfer in as I work less hours towards the end of the week xx