Foetus stopped growing - miscarriage/genetic testing

Discussion group for all IVF topics.

Moderators: CARE Support, Administrator

Ana.w1

Foetus stopped growing - miscarriage/genetic testing

#1 Post by Ana.w1 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:16 pm

Hello everyone,

I have had one cycle of ivf (ICSI). We have Unexplained infertility, although my partner had one suspect sperm test with regard to motility (subsequently improved with vitamins and healthy lifestyle) and I have very low amh (used dhea & coq10 prior to ivf and not a drop of alcohol and no caffeine for 3 months). I have been struggling with infertility since my late 20’s, I’m almost 38 now. Had mild endo removed last year. On our first transfer I got pregnant with a high grade blastocyst (day 5). We were over the moon, I could not believe it. It felt like a miracle. I’ve just found out the foetus has stopped growing at six weeks. :cry: I’m meant to be almost 9 weeks now. There was still a heartbeat at my last scan. From what I’ve read online and from the nurse’s reaction after our last scan, miscarriage seems most likely. I am devastated. Has anyone else had this experience?

Unfortunately I didn’t get our embryos genetically tested, we were advised we didn’t need it at this stage. We did use caremaps. Has anyone else gone on to have a successful ivf pregnancy after miscarriage? Looking for some inspiration and hope. Feeling very hopeless at the moment in the midst of it all. Looking at care’s price list, genetic testing is expensive. We have two frozen embryos left. What have been other’s experience of using genetic testing after miscarriage? I’m almost too scared to find out if either of them are any good. Losing hope it such a hard thing to cope with.

Sophia25

Re: Foetus stopped growing - miscarriage/genetic testing

#2 Post by Sophia25 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:50 am

Hi there and so sorry for what you’re going through. Ive not had a miscarriage from an ivf cycle but Ive had 3 from natural cycles and Im currently pregnant following an IVF cycle. If they were to grade embryos then I’d just get another back in there (without testing) but that’s me – you need to stay positive and focus on your next step unfortunately rather than spending time dwelling on the past (but do take time in private to grieve with your partner).
xx

Ana.w1

Re: Foetus stopped growing - miscarriage/genetic testing

#3 Post by Ana.w1 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:44 pm

Thanks Sophia. I Am so sorry for your losses too. I miscarried the baby yesterday, it’s such a harrowing time. Hearing your positive news has given me some hope for the future. Congratulations on your pregnancy and wishing you a happy and healthy baby xxx