Batching blasts

Forum for those considering or embarking on Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis or Aneuploidy Screening

Moderator: Administrator

Km001

Batching blasts

#1 Post by Km001 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:50 pm

I’m wondering if anyone has done a couple of stimulation cycles to get more blasts. We only had 6 mature eggs. 4 fertilised. And 3 blasts. So we were doing to another stimulation cycle to get some more blasts as my disease (reason for pgd) is 50/50. Any thoughts? Ideas? Previous experience.

It’s cheaper to send them all off together then send a few off at a time.

Thank you.

Hopeful10

Re: Batching blasts

#2 Post by Hopeful10 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:45 pm

Hi,
We’re having NHS treatment. That means we’re lucky to not have to pay for our treatment currently. I don’t think we’re able to batch blasts. Got three blasts from our first egg collection. We were lucky that two of these were found to be healthy with the PGD. The condition we’re testing for is 50:50 too. How are you getting on and where are you up to?

Km001

#3 Post by Km001 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:07 pm

Hi
We have just batched. I already have a daughter so we were not entitled to the funding on the NHS. We’ve sent them away and are awaiting the results. I wondered how long you had to wait? so nerve wracking!
Well done you. That’s great 😀

Hopeful10

#4 Post by Hopeful10 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:29 pm

Hi,
Ours took 16 days until we heard back about testing. Have you heard back yet? How many did you send off? It is a nerve wracking wait and I hope you have heard back aleady. We need to do another egg collection cycle as our first frozen cycle ended in a missed miscarriage and our second didn’t work. My fingers are crossed for you x