No Sperm after Vasectomy Reversal

Male issues surrounding Assisted Reproduction.

Moderator: Administrator

ezzy90

No Sperm after Vasectomy Reversal

#1 Post by ezzy90 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Hi all,

I am new here, my partner had his VR at end of April and his semen analysis at start of the month. We got the results last week as Negative, no sperm present :( and the surgeon advised we have a second sperm analysis in 6 weeks, this is now booked for end of September. We are obviously gutted as we genuinely believed his fertility wouldn't really be a factor and it would be my endo that would trip us up. What I would like to know is if anyone else has had this? What are the chances of the sperm returning in the second test and if not do you know if ICSI would still be an option for us? He has children from a previous relationship so has had sperm before but now either there aren't any or they aren't able to get out.

Any advise or thoughts from someone in similar shoes or with any knowledge would be greatly appreciated. The thought of him not being bio daddy breaks my heart.

Thanks,
Ez

Voodoo_15_uk

Re: No Sperm after Vasectomy Reversal

#2 Post by Voodoo_15_uk » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:22 pm

Hi Ez

My hubby had a reversal 16 years after his initial vasectomy which didn’t work unfortunately. He had it done at a clinic in Nottingham. We were given a 50/50 chance it could work.

We have gone down the surgical sperm retrieval route with ICSI, the doctor managed to get 3 straws worth of usable sperm which we were over the moon about.

I’m happy to say we are nearly 9 weeks pregnant after our 2nd cycle (3rd embryo) and still have a frostie to try for a sibling later on.

I hope all works out for you both whichever way you go.
IVF/ICSI Nov 2018 - fresh cycle - BFN 😢
FET March 2019 - BFN 😢
IVF/ICSI July 2019 - Fresh cycle- BFP 🥰

ezzy90

Re: No Sperm after Vasectomy Reversal

#3 Post by ezzy90 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:32 am

Oh my what lovely news! I am sorry the VR didn't work for you but how fab that you have a little one on the way. May i ask, did the VR not work at all. My OH's analysis came back as completely negative - they think probably due to scar tissue but we are trying to hold out hope that it was just too soon and by next SA at end of Sept there will be some but I don't feel too positive about it and I was worried with a completely negative sperm sample that they would say ICSI isn't an option.

All the very best of luck and positive vibes for your pregnancy!! xxx