Singles making babies!

Trying for a family as a single parent?
Zcc76

Re: Singles making babies!

#526 Post by Zcc76 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:58 pm

Hi Lisa
Sorry to hear about the unsuccessful FETs. Good luck for your next one. Good that they did some more tests tho and hopefully the immune therapy will make it a success. X
42 single - Donor eggs (from sister)/donor sperm IVF Oct 2015 - Baby boy arrived by planned c-section 6th July 7lb8oz. FET Jan 18 - unsuccessful. Anonymous donor eggs/sperm IVF Feb 19 - 27 weeks pregnant with another boy EDD 1.11.19

Zcc76

#527 Post by Zcc76 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:59 pm

Hi - been ages since I’ve been on here. The FET I had in Jan 18 wasn’t successful so initially I resigned myself to the fact that my little boy would be an only child as that was the last embryo from the eggs donated by my sister.
However I started looking into other options and finally decided to go for double donation in Spain at a clinic in Alicante. Had the transfer in Feb 19 and it was successful. There are 3 frozen embryos too although not sure I’ll use them as I’m currently 27 weeks pregnant with another boy and my due date is 1st Nov! Most likely going to be having another planned section tho so will probably be last week of October. It’s a lot harder being pregnant with a very active 3 year old!
Hope all is ok with everyone. Zoe x
42 single - Donor eggs (from sister)/donor sperm IVF Oct 2015 - Baby boy arrived by planned c-section 6th July 7lb8oz. FET Jan 18 - unsuccessful. Anonymous donor eggs/sperm IVF Feb 19 - 27 weeks pregnant with another boy EDD 1.11.19

Lmills

#528 Post by Lmills » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:26 am

Hi Zoe - long time no speak!!
Congratulations on being pregnant with baby no. 2 - what amazing news!!
My 4th double donation FET was finally successful and I’m sitting here watching my 8.5 month old little girl playing! Reading back on the messages on this forum makes me realise how far I’ve come!
I won’t lie - it’s been much harder than I ever imagined but she is such a joy and it’s scary how quickly she’s growing up.
You must be exhausted - pregnant with a 3 year old to run around after!
I also had my treatment in Spain (Barcelona). Are your donors anonymous?
x
Jan 17 - OE/DS - BFP - MMC
Oct 17 - DE/DS - BFN
Nov 17 - DE/DS - BFN
Feb 18 - DE/DS - Immune drugs - BFN
Mar 18 - DE/DS - Immune drugs - 2 frosties - BFP!!!

Zcc76

#529 Post by Zcc76 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:35 am

Hi - that’s amazing to hear that you finally got your little girl. You’re right though - time goes far too quickly!!
I went to IVI - it was recommended by the clinic I went to in Halifax. It was all super smooth and I was really impressed. I flew out on the Tuesday, had the transfer on the Wednesday and flew back on the Friday. It was lovely to have a little break in the sun (my mum had my little boy). Yes donors are completely anonymous. Which makes me a little bit anxious about how to explain to one child they could find out when they are 18 but the other has no way of finding out anything. What I did find a bit weird was that I didn’t get a say in the donors at all - they did all the choosing based on my pic and my characteristics form. Were you the same? X

Lmills

#530 Post by Lmills » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi Zoe
I replied to this over a week ago but it doesn’t seem to have gone through - I can’t remember what I said now so I’ll start again!
Travelling to Spain is pretty easy - by the 4th time I was a pro!
I was able to provide a wish list for my donors and after transfer I was given a piece of paper with basic information about them - height, weight, eye colour, hair colour, age. What sort of information did you get?
x
Jan 17 - OE/DS - BFP - MMC
Oct 17 - DE/DS - BFN
Nov 17 - DE/DS - BFN
Feb 18 - DE/DS - Immune drugs - BFN
Mar 18 - DE/DS - Immune drugs - 2 frosties - BFP!!!

Zcc76

#531 Post by Zcc76 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:09 pm

The only thing I know is that the egg donor was age 21 - I don’t know anything else. I might email them to ask if I can find out anything now that it’s a successful pregnancy. 28 weeks today and got a scan on weds - looking forward to seeing everything is ok. I’m so glad that I’m not working at the moment (summer holidays) and Max has still been going to nursery mon-weds so I’ve managed to get some rest. Going back for 4 weeks in Sept tho.

(Can’t remember if I’ve already said any of that in a previous message!)

X

Abanana

#532 Post by Abanana » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:59 am

Thank you ladies for sharing your experiences, really useful for those of us still trying. Also congrats on your great news.

I need some help please to prepare for my neXT attempt. I had a failed fresh stim, It left me with 2 frostis, had 1 transferred n on 2ww. Haven't had any prego symptoms so starting to think ahead as I'm 42.

As part of my fresh stim I had a donor sperm specimen left which I want to use to save money by just getting donor eggs, reading on donor eggs I haven't found a place where I can buy an egg specimen similar to a sperm specimen. I'm nervous that choosing an egg donor to go through a fresh stim is firstly v expensive but also doesn't guarantee how many eggs I get - I'm hoping for at least 7 to give me good chance.

Could you please help with any options I cd take to get as many eggs as possible as cheaply as possible and possibly save by using my remaining sperm specimen.

Thanks alot