Considering egg sharing need advice!

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in egg donation or egg sharing. Warning!!! please remember confidentiality at all times.

Moderator: Administrator

Hopeful1990

Considering egg sharing need advice!

#1 Post by Hopeful1990 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:29 am

Hello ladies.

I'm new to the forum. My husband and I are in need of ivf and are considering doing the egg sharing (with me as the donor). I was wondering who else has done this and could you tell me about your experience?

Patience36

Re: Considering egg sharing need advice!

#2 Post by Patience36 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:14 pm

Hi hopeful 1990,

I had one fresh cycle where I donated half my eggs and we kept the other half.

As it was my first cycle it took a while for my eggs to get going but I believe the clinic did everything they could in order to get the best outcome for me and the couple I was donating too. I also think as I was donating they knew the importance of trying to get as many eggs for both of us.

Happy to say we both ended up with 8 eggs each which I was happy with.

Unfortunately my cycle was unsuccessful but I am now currently 17 weeks pregnant from my third frozen cycle with the last of the eggs from that first donated cycle.

Also I was very pleased to find out that the couple I donated too did get a healthy baby from my eggs.

I feel pretty proud of myself for knowing that I helped them but I can’t say how I would have felt if I had not been successful following our attempts. Or if I hadn’t of managed to produce many eggs.

I was pretty sure I wanted to donate but I would absolutely advise you to speak to the counsellor and really think about how you would feel covering all scenarios.
Happy to say that for me it was a positive scenario and I feel privileged and proud that I helped a couple achieve the gift of parenting.

Any questions, just shout.

Twinkerbell1

Re: Considering egg sharing need advice!

#3 Post by Twinkerbell1 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:09 pm

As someone who is lucky enough to have a little miracle born through egg donation I can’t begin to ever explain how grateful I will always be to the wonderful lady who donated her eggs to my husband and I. Our little baba is the most precious little one and we couldn’t love him anymore than we do. I know its a huge and difficult decision to make but believe me when I say what you ladies are doing is life changing for so many couples, your making their dreams come true. A HUGE thank you to all donors out there (ladies and men). Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy (and little baba) and fingers crossed for anyone going through treatment. Xx