Matched

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in egg donation or egg sharing. Warning!!! please remember confidentiality at all times.

Moderator: Administrator

StephieE91

Matched

#1 Post by StephieE91 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:38 am

Good morning,

So I’ve finally been matched to a recipient for my egg share/donation. Currently awaiting start dates etc and for the recipients period to start.
Wondering if there is anyone else at the same stage as myself that I could chat to?
Such a long journey but feel I’m getting there now!!
Thanks ladies x

Rlgood

Re: Matched

#2 Post by Rlgood » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:14 am

Hey there. Congrats on being matched up! Are you an exclusive egg donor or are you egg sharing?
I'm currently on the egg donor list to donate my eggs - can I ask how long you waited until you were matched up?
Thanks!

StephieE91

#3 Post by StephieE91 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:35 pm

Hiya, thank you.!! I have to be honest it’s been the hardest wait for me waiting to be matched...
I waited just over 5 weeks from being signed off to having to call to say we’re matched. I will be egg sharing and starting injections next Sunday.

If you don’t mind me asking, how long have you been waiting so far? And are you having treatment yourself or donating?

Thanks and good luck x

Rlgood

#4 Post by Rlgood » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:09 pm

Hey. Just going into week 3 of waiting now, hoping it's not going to be too much longer.
My wife and I are looking to egg share very soon but first I'm donating my eggs. Once that's complete we will be going down that route so she'll be sharing her eggs with me and another lady and I'll carry all being well! I was told it should be fairly quick to match me to someone but quick in my mind and in the fertility world tend to have different meanings haha!!

I wish you the best of luck with your journey xxx

StephieE91

#5 Post by StephieE91 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:31 pm

Ah that’s wicked!! Well huge best of luck to you both, & hopefully it’s not much longer for u to have to wait. I’m on day 4 of Bruserelin Injections and side effects are starting to kick in I think!! It is all going quite fast though so I’m glad. Hope I feel the same in 2 weeks time haha.!!

Good luck and positive thoughts... Xx