Autumn 2019 Babies

Discussion Forum for those with assisted reproduction pregnancies and children.

Moderator: Administrator

Message
Author
Jo1984
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:28 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#51 Post by Jo1984 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:06 am

Hope2019 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:39 pm
Jo1984 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:11 pm
I’ve had my scan today: 8 weeks + 3 days. Baby measuring a lovely 8 + 5 with a fab heartbeat. Little arms and legs waving around to say hi! Still can’t quite believe it but I guess there’s no escaping it now! I would love a Stilton burger or a lovely ripe chunk of Brie though - forgot I can’t eat that for another 32 weeks!!!!!!

How is everyone?
Ahh that was exciting and reassuring for you! How are you feeling in terms of symptoms?

I am struggling, just had a cry to my husband 🙈 think my hormones are all over the place. The tiredness is relentless, I have no energy at all. Junk food is my best friend, I am so off healthy food which is so unlike me. I'm 9 was 4dys so hopefully that will all pass in a few weeks. I know I shouldn't moan, just think I hit a low today and it all came out. I have my booking in appt with the midwife on Friday!
Well I’ve been to the EPU 3 times for anti-sickness drugs. I get very sick very quickly so I’ve been pro-active this time and am on Cyclizine which is keeping it at bay - only throwing up 3-4 times a day which is manageable and I think I’ve hidden it from everyone at work this time! Only had to nip out of lessons twice ‘for a wee’ which is actually sickness 😂. I’m living on junk food, I just have no energy to cook and unfortunately delicious fresh food is turning my stomach and I just want burgers and chips. Tiredness is relentless - I’ve been going to bed early and even naps at the weekend but I’m absolutely exhausted. My son had a dreadful night last night so I’m staring at my day through a definite haze today - just got to try and make it to the end of the day without falling asleep! Forgot to bring my snacks as well so that is going to make it a bigger challenge :/ I have my booking appointment tomorrow - looking forward to it :)
ICSI cycle started 25/12/16
ET 02/02/17 - BFP! DS born 21/10/17 :D
FET 06/02/19 - BFP! DD born 06/11/19 :D

Hope2019
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:44 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#52 Post by Hope2019 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:17 pm

Jo1984 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:06 am
Hope2019 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:39 pm
Jo1984 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:11 pm
I’ve had my scan today: 8 weeks + 3 days. Baby measuring a lovely 8 + 5 with a fab heartbeat. Little arms and legs waving around to say hi! Still can’t quite believe it but I guess there’s no escaping it now! I would love a Stilton burger or a lovely ripe chunk of Brie though - forgot I can’t eat that for another 32 weeks!!!!!!

How is everyone?
Ahh that was exciting and reassuring for you! How are you feeling in terms of symptoms?

I am struggling, just had a cry to my husband 🙈 think my hormones are all over the place. The tiredness is relentless, I have no energy at all. Junk food is my best friend, I am so off healthy food which is so unlike me. I'm 9 was 4dys so hopefully that will all pass in a few weeks. I know I shouldn't moan, just think I hit a low today and it all came out. I have my booking in appt with the midwife on Friday!
Well I’ve been to the EPU 3 times for anti-sickness drugs. I get very sick very quickly so I’ve been pro-active this time and am on Cyclizine which is keeping it at bay - only throwing up 3-4 times a day which is manageable and I think I’ve hidden it from everyone at work this time! Only had to nip out of lessons twice ‘for a wee’ which is actually sickness 😂. I’m living on junk food, I just have no energy to cook and unfortunately delicious fresh food is turning my stomach and I just want burgers and chips. Tiredness is relentless - I’ve been going to bed early and even naps at the weekend but I’m absolutely exhausted. My son had a dreadful night last night so I’m staring at my day through a definite haze today - just got to try and make it to the end of the day without falling asleep! Forgot to bring my snacks as well so that is going to make it a bigger challenge :/ I have my booking appointment tomorrow - looking forward to it :)
Poor you being so sick, you have my sympathy! I haven't actually been sick, just feel it from 4 am right through until I go to bed. I hope that medication is helping keep your sickness at bay. I'm guessing you're a teacher, that must be hard putting on a brave face, but I guess in one way it is a bit distracting.

I had a session with the counsellor at Care today which really helped, am feeling far more positive as a result. My mum has also offered to come over at the weekend and do all of my ironing, how sweet!

Good luck with your booking in appt. I'm off for a nap!😴

Jo1984
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:28 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#53 Post by Jo1984 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:11 am

Hope2019 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:17 pm
Jo1984 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:06 am
Hope2019 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:39 pm


Ahh that was exciting and reassuring for you! How are you feeling in terms of symptoms?

I am struggling, just had a cry to my husband 🙈 think my hormones are all over the place. The tiredness is relentless, I have no energy at all. Junk food is my best friend, I am so off healthy food which is so unlike me. I'm 9 was 4dys so hopefully that will all pass in a few weeks. I know I shouldn't moan, just think I hit a low today and it all came out. I have my booking in appt with the midwife on Friday!
Well I’ve been to the EPU 3 times for anti-sickness drugs. I get very sick very quickly so I’ve been pro-active this time and am on Cyclizine which is keeping it at bay - only throwing up 3-4 times a day which is manageable and I think I’ve hidden it from everyone at work this time! Only had to nip out of lessons twice ‘for a wee’ which is actually sickness 😂. I’m living on junk food, I just have no energy to cook and unfortunately delicious fresh food is turning my stomach and I just want burgers and chips. Tiredness is relentless - I’ve been going to bed early and even naps at the weekend but I’m absolutely exhausted. My son had a dreadful night last night so I’m staring at my day through a definite haze today - just got to try and make it to the end of the day without falling asleep! Forgot to bring my snacks as well so that is going to make it a bigger challenge :/ I have my booking appointment tomorrow - looking forward to it :)
Poor you being so sick, you have my sympathy! I haven't actually been sick, just feel it from 4 am right through until I go to bed. I hope that medication is helping keep your sickness at bay. I'm guessing you're a teacher, that must be hard putting on a brave face, but I guess in one way it is a bit distracting.

I had a session with the counsellor at Care today which really helped, am feeling far more positive as a result. My mum has also offered to come over at the weekend and do all of my ironing, how sweet!

Good luck with your booking in appt. I'm off for a nap!😴
I’m definitely struggling, I am a teacher and end of term can’t come soon enough. I am genuinely at breaking point now, and having to wait up to take the blinking oestrogen tablet is just too much. Feel like a zombie, been in trouble for getting in late but I was only 2 minutes and I had been hurling down the drain outside 5 mins before that 😢. Been wondering whether I need to tell them but I’m anticipating a negative reaction like last time so I would rather make it through to next term.

Booking appointment went well, just waiting for my 12 week scan date :) how was yours?
ICSI cycle started 25/12/16
ET 02/02/17 - BFP! DS born 21/10/17 :D
FET 06/02/19 - BFP! DD born 06/11/19 :D

Billi786
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:47 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#54 Post by Billi786 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:45 pm

O bless u , teaching is hard! But Lucky u having estrogen atleast Jo 🙈 i lost my hair coz of ivf drugs - they r So thin that i m scared to brush them/ half of my head is bald :roll: n my skin is breaking like the top layer will be peeled of in next month or so ....lol people say u glow in pregnancy coz of estrogen levels :lol:
MrsA

Jo1984
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:28 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#55 Post by Jo1984 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:48 pm

Billi786 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:45 pm
O bless u , teaching is hard! But Lucky u having estrogen atleast Jo 🙈 i lost my hair coz of ivf drugs - they r So thin that i m scared to brush them/ half of my head is bald :roll: n my skin is breaking like the top layer will be peeled of in next month or so ....lol people say u glow in pregnancy coz of estrogen levels :lol:
Oestrogen is because its a FET... I’m definitely not glowing, I look like a zombie lol 😂
ICSI cycle started 25/12/16
ET 02/02/17 - BFP! DS born 21/10/17 :D
FET 06/02/19 - BFP! DD born 06/11/19 :D

Billi786
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:47 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#56 Post by Billi786 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:33 pm

Jo1984 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:48 pm
Billi786 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:45 pm
O bless u , teaching is hard! But Lucky u having estrogen atleast Jo 🙈 i lost my hair coz of ivf drugs - they r So thin that i m scared to brush them/ half of my head is bald :roll: n my skin is breaking like the top layer will be peeled of in next month or so ....lol people say u glow in pregnancy coz of estrogen levels :lol:
Oestrogen is because its a FET... I’m definitely not glowing, I look like a zombie lol 😂
Me too - my all hair gone n my hubby who loved long hair asked me to chop them off today 🤦🏻‍♀️🙈 they r all over the house falling wherever i sit n he is so tired of it 😛 - i didnt know that u need that if u have FET , Bloody one more thing 🤬 i m so tired of proges passeries already , its like my day revolves around them 😞
MrsA

Jo1984
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:28 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#57 Post by Jo1984 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:52 pm

Billi786 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:33 pm
Jo1984 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:48 pm
Billi786 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:45 pm
O bless u , teaching is hard! But Lucky u having estrogen atleast Jo 🙈 i lost my hair coz of ivf drugs - they r So thin that i m scared to brush them/ half of my head is bald :roll: n my skin is breaking like the top layer will be peeled of in next month or so ....lol people say u glow in pregnancy coz of estrogen levels :lol:
Oestrogen is because its a FET... I’m definitely not glowing, I look like a zombie lol 😂
Me too - my all hair gone n my hubby who loved long hair asked me to chop them off today 🤦🏻‍♀️🙈 they r all over the house falling wherever i sit n he is so tired of it 😛 - i didnt know that u need that if u have FET , Bloody one more thing 🤬 i m so tired of proges passeries already , its like my day revolves around them 😞
I’m sick of them too. The drugs the hospital have given me aren’t able to compete with with rising hormone levels and I’ve been hurling for over 24 hours. Might need to go get something more powerful to help combat it 😔
ICSI cycle started 25/12/16
ET 02/02/17 - BFP! DS born 21/10/17 :D
FET 06/02/19 - BFP! DD born 06/11/19 :D

Billi786
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:47 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#58 Post by Billi786 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:06 pm

Jo1984 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:52 pm
Billi786 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:33 pm
Jo1984 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:48 pm


Oestrogen is because its a FET... I’m definitely not glowing, I look like a zombie lol 😂
Me too - my all hair gone n my hubby who loved long hair asked me to chop them off today 🤦🏻‍♀️🙈 they r all over the house falling wherever i sit n he is so tired of it 😛 - i didnt know that u need that if u have FET , Bloody one more thing 🤬 i m so tired of proges passeries already , its like my day revolves around them 😞
I’m sick of them too. The drugs the hospital have given me aren’t able to compete with with rising hormone levels and I’ve been hurling for over 24 hours. Might need to go get something more powerful to help combat it 😔
For me its so hard to manage as so many ppl around me dont know so i have to secretly go n do it 🤦🏻‍♀️ n they r bloody messy 🙈 when is ur next scan ? N how long they have asked u to stay on these ?
MrsA

Jo1984
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:28 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#59 Post by Jo1984 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:18 pm

Billi786 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:06 pm
Jo1984 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:52 pm
Billi786 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:33 pm


Me too - my all hair gone n my hubby who loved long hair asked me to chop them off today 🤦🏻‍♀️🙈 they r all over the house falling wherever i sit n he is so tired of it 😛 - i didnt know that u need that if u have FET , Bloody one more thing 🤬 i m so tired of proges passeries already , its like my day revolves around them 😞
I’m sick of them too. The drugs the hospital have given me aren’t able to compete with with rising hormone levels and I’ve been hurling for over 24 hours. Might need to go get something more powerful to help combat it 😔
For me its so hard to manage as so many ppl around me dont know so i have to secretly go n do it 🤦🏻‍♀️ n they r bloody messy 🙈 when is ur next scan ? N how long they have asked u to stay on these ?
I’m on the for another 12 days. I haven’t kept any food down really since Wednesday. Going for an early night see if a good sleep helps... will go to EPU tomorrow to see if they can help me. I’ve just got to make it through 12 days and I can stop the supplements and i’ll start to feel better, assuming this pregnancy progresses similarly to the last 😬.
ICSI cycle started 25/12/16
ET 02/02/17 - BFP! DS born 21/10/17 :D
FET 06/02/19 - BFP! DD born 06/11/19 :D

Billi786
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:47 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#60 Post by Billi786 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:37 am

I also have proges for 12 more days so lets c if they would give me more - im losing my apitite thats what i feel , i cant eat anymore n dont crave like i used to for a couple of weeks.Now i forcefully eat n its hard as i dont enjoy any food anymore
MrsA

MrsF1988
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:01 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#61 Post by MrsF1988 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:12 pm

I’m jumping on the exhaustion train here - I have never been so tired in my life!

I think I’ve also had every pregnancy symptom under the sun. Cramping, extreme bloating, extreme exhaustion, 24/7 nausea, physical vomiting. I feel as though I’ve been ill for what seems like forever.

14 weeks now and it’s going so so fast - only just had my booking appointment with my midwife (even though I notified my GP at 6 weeks).

I think I’m also starting to show. My clothes are uncomfortable and my tummy is definitely round and hard. Is anyone else getting a bump yet?

Hope everyone is doing ok with the tiredness and symptoms. X
3 x gorgeous stepkids courtesy of Mr F
December 2018 - first attempt IVF/ICSI - 6 eggs, 5 fertilised, 5 blasts, 1 onboard, 1 in the freezer... BFP 😊
Baby Ivy born October 2019 💜 7lb exactly, healthy and beautiful 💕

Jo1984
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:28 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#62 Post by Jo1984 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:53 pm

MrsF1988 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:12 pm
I’m jumping on the exhaustion train here - I have never been so tired in my life!

I think I’ve also had every pregnancy symptom under the sun. Cramping, extreme bloating, extreme exhaustion, 24/7 nausea, physical vomiting. I feel as though I’ve been ill for what seems like forever.

14 weeks now and it’s going so so fast - only just had my booking appointment with my midwife (even though I notified my GP at 6 weeks).

I think I’m also starting to show. My clothes are uncomfortable and my tummy is definitely round and hard. Is anyone else getting a bump yet?

Hope everyone is doing ok with the tiredness and symptoms. X
Your GP has really let you down only just giving you a booking appointment as you can’t have the triple test now as you have to have the scan before 14 weeks. I would consider complaining - they should now offer you the alternative harmony test if you want it - it’s usually £400 but they’ve messed up there lovely! Unless you weren’t going to have the tests :)

I’m expecting a bump around 16 weeks which when I just about started to show with my first, but I’ve so far lost half a stone. I’ve been officially diagnosed with Hyperemesis now and was admitted to hospital over the weekend. Had IV fluids and stronger anti sickness drugs but it’s not really working. I’m back home but hurling 10+ times a day. I’m signed off work, but it’s really affecting my relationship with my son. I’ve only seen him for about 4 hours in the last 4 days. He’s fine but I’m getting really upset, and he is calling for me more than usual.

Having a bit of a pity party really. Fed up of being sick and I feel guilty for being upset about it when I’m so lucky to be pregnant, but I’m having some regrets because of the impact on my son. Just having a bad week :(
ICSI cycle started 25/12/16
ET 02/02/17 - BFP! DS born 21/10/17 :D
FET 06/02/19 - BFP! DD born 06/11/19 :D

MrsF1988
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:01 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#63 Post by MrsF1988 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:57 pm

I’ve already had my 12 week scan - I had it before my booking appointment and they did the tests then! I also got my 20 week scan letter before my booking appointment so I’ve no idea why they call it a booking appointment as there was no bookings, all she did was my medical history! Maybe they do it differently where I live. I know that here all IVF babies have to be consultant led as well regardless of whether there are any pregnancy complications or not.

I’ve had two good days for the first time since I can remember. Def not lost half a stone as I’m eating tons of plain digestives every day to keep the nausea at bay, but I have pretty much stayed about the same weight despite my clothes not fitting, my boobs being huge and my belly expanding!
3 x gorgeous stepkids courtesy of Mr F
December 2018 - first attempt IVF/ICSI - 6 eggs, 5 fertilised, 5 blasts, 1 onboard, 1 in the freezer... BFP 😊
Baby Ivy born October 2019 💜 7lb exactly, healthy and beautiful 💕

Jo1984
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:28 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#64 Post by Jo1984 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:00 am

MrsF1988 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:57 pm
I’ve already had my 12 week scan - I had it before my booking appointment and they did the tests then! I also got my 20 week scan letter before my booking appointment so I’ve no idea why they call it a booking appointment as there was no bookings, all she did was my medical history! Maybe they do it differently where I live. I know that here all IVF babies have to be consultant led as well regardless of whether there are any pregnancy complications or not.

I’ve had two good days for the first time since I can remember. Def not lost half a stone as I’m eating tons of plain digestives every day to keep the nausea at bay, but I have pretty much stayed about the same weight despite my clothes not fitting, my boobs being huge and my belly expanding!
Oh that is so confusing! My booking appointment was the one with the midwife at like 8 weeks. I’m so glad I’m wrong I was all furious on your behalf 😂😂😂🤦🏼‍♀️. Must be a terminology difference! Yeah it’s consultant led here too. I had to have a little fight in my first pregnancy to NOT be induced at 40 weeks because it was IVF. I’m the end my son came naturally on his due date but it was a close one! I suppose they just want to make sure we’re all ok after they’ve spent so much effort getting us to this point :)

I’m hoping my vomiting eases off by about 15 weeks, it did last time. Until then I just have to try and cope. Probably will need to go back to EPU for more fluids today as I’ve not really kept any water down since Sunday :(
ICSI cycle started 25/12/16
ET 02/02/17 - BFP! DS born 21/10/17 :D
FET 06/02/19 - BFP! DD born 06/11/19 :D

veronimo
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:28 am

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#65 Post by veronimo » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:59 am

Ladies sorry to hear you are experiencing such a bad early pregnancy symptoms. I hope you get to normal very soon.
I’m 10weeks tomorrow, had my booking appointment with the midwife on Monday and did bloods and urine, also will do more tests at my 12 week scan (awaiting appointment for it). I’m starting to worry tho as for the last few days i feel quite normal, not nauseous anymore, got my energy back and just a bit tired in afternoons. The nausea lasted around 3 weeks only and apart for my big sore boobs i have no other symptoms :? Also today is my last day on the pessaries and estradiol. Not sure what is going on and will be worrying for the next two weeks till my scan :cry:
All the best to you all.

ML18
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:37 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#66 Post by ML18 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:57 pm

Hope you ladies suffering feel better soon, I must admit I've been quite lucky I haven't had any symptoms and other than bigger boobs and jeans that are getting too uncomfortable to wear I don't feel any different. Every now and again I keep thinking that I've felt a small poke in my side but I think it's too early to feel anything yet isn't it? My next appointment with the midwife is at 17 weeks and I've got my 20 week scan booked in already. I thought the 12 week scan was amazing, had a little cry at seeing the baby, at first it was a bit shy and I had to do a few wiggles and then when she tried again, I saw the baby stretching its legs, am in absolute awe that my little blob is growing well.
All the best to you ladies on this journey, sending lots of healthy wishes your way

Newbie88
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:14 am

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#67 Post by Newbie88 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:02 am

Hi ladies,

Hope you’re all well. Just an update, pI had my 12 week scan yesterday apparently I’m 13 weeks now. Baby was VERY WRIGGLY and cute hahaha it wouldn’t stop moving. Everything looks good so far... I’ve only had the exhaustion symptom other than that luckily I’m doing fine :)

Due date is the 14th of October (hopefully).. we have our 20 week scan booked in for the end of May too :D hope everyone else is doing ok xxx

MrsF1988
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:01 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#68 Post by MrsF1988 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:31 pm

Ah the 12 week scan is lovely. We have booked in for another private scan at 16 weeks as we couldn’t wait to have another look.

I’ve had to make the jump to maternity clothes as well, at 15 weeks. My belly is huge (I think!), I definitely look pregnant and not just bloated now.

Still feeling the tiredness though and had a few bad weeks of vomiting! It’s all going so fast x
3 x gorgeous stepkids courtesy of Mr F
December 2018 - first attempt IVF/ICSI - 6 eggs, 5 fertilised, 5 blasts, 1 onboard, 1 in the freezer... BFP 😊
Baby Ivy born October 2019 💜 7lb exactly, healthy and beautiful 💕

Jo1984
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:28 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#69 Post by Jo1984 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:23 pm

So exciting all the scans! We have one on Friday at exactly 12 weeks as our NHS one is at 13 weeks and 6 days and after Easter and we want to tell family at Easter so would like to have a picture. Plus I want to see baby again. After my dreadful sickness I need the reassurance. It’s been on and off this last week - some days better than others but I’m hoping it’s starting to ease off. 2 more days of the oestrogen and progesterone then I’m done with that and I hope that will help my symptoms too. I’m looking forward to the second trimester I had TONNES of energy last time!

Looking at getting back into my running now. I’ve done a couple of slow 5k but not much, and been volunteering rather than running parkrun. I think I’m going to enter a 10k and maybe even a half marathon for around 18 weeks (got a big running festival in June I’m hoping to do 30k at that which matches my distance last pregnancy). I’m going to try a different run technique and do a walk/run strategy but I’m not a very disciplined runner but I think it might be sensible to try that rather than continuous run. My husband thinks a half might be too much as I haven’t run that distance since December when I did the Milton Keynes half, but I’m definitely starting to get energy and excitement! Loads of my friends did the Manchester marathon on Sunday I was so jealous (although they also all looked knackered!). Does anyone else run/exercise?
ICSI cycle started 25/12/16
ET 02/02/17 - BFP! DS born 21/10/17 :D
FET 06/02/19 - BFP! DD born 06/11/19 :D

Liaka2
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:55 am

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#70 Post by Liaka2 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:41 pm

Hi how’s everyone doing?
I used to be Liaka but I could log on and wasn’t getting any emails from the forum so have created new log in.
I’m 9 w n 5d , I used to run everyday but I haven’t done any since I started IVF, I felt so rubbish and tired through the hole process I couldn’t face any exercise except walking the dogs which I love, lately I’ve been walking a lot further did a 3 hour walk the other day but it knocked my socks off n had to go to bed for the rest of the day so I’m not sure I’m ready to run, have heard the 2nd trimester is the time to do more exercise.. I can’t wait for my next scan guess we all feel the same but as bloated n sick n uncomfortable as I feel i think seeing the baby n heart beat must be such a relief! And so far my partner hasn’t see the baby as missed my 6 week scan... can’t wait!! Hope you’re all doing well 🌹

ML18
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:37 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#71 Post by ML18 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:25 pm

Have your ovaries settled down now MrsF? Hope you're not feeling as much as pain as before.
I used to do a lot of high intensity exercise which i haven't done since ET, have had 2 months off from the gym due to refurbishing a house but will be getting back into it by the end of April...I would like to do some running (am not a regular at it but have done some gentle jogging on treadmill), any tips?

Jo1984
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:28 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#72 Post by Jo1984 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:06 am

ML18 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:25 pm
Have your ovaries settled down now MrsF? Hope you're not feeling as much as pain as before.
I used to do a lot of high intensity exercise which i haven't done since ET, have had 2 months off from the gym due to refurbishing a house but will be getting back into it by the end of April...I would like to do some running (am not a regular at it but have done some gentle jogging on treadmill), any tips?
If you’re not a regular runner pre-pregnancy then take it really slow, particularly as it can be hard on the joints and you have relaxin hormone floating around which loosens everything up. I would recommend a run/walk strategy. Maybe 3 mins gentle jog and 1/3 mins walk. I would head outside too for the benefits of fresh air and it’s lower impact than a treadmill (plus nice to be outside). Have you got a local parkrun? Saturday’s 9am all over the country. Free timed runs and great community atmosphere. I love parkrun! There’s no pressure to go fast either :)
ICSI cycle started 25/12/16
ET 02/02/17 - BFP! DS born 21/10/17 :D
FET 06/02/19 - BFP! DD born 06/11/19 :D

Jo1984
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:28 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#73 Post by Jo1984 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:08 am

Liaka2 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:41 pm
Hi how’s everyone doing?
I used to be Liaka but I could log on and wasn’t getting any emails from the forum so have created new log in.
I’m 9 w n 5d , I used to run everyday but I haven’t done any since I started IVF, I felt so rubbish and tired through the hole process I couldn’t face any exercise except walking the dogs which I love, lately I’ve been walking a lot further did a 3 hour walk the other day but it knocked my socks off n had to go to bed for the rest of the day so I’m not sure I’m ready to run, have heard the 2nd trimester is the time to do more exercise.. I can’t wait for my next scan guess we all feel the same but as bloated n sick n uncomfortable as I feel i think seeing the baby n heart beat must be such a relief! And so far my partner hasn’t see the baby as missed my 6 week scan... can’t wait!! Hope you’re all doing well 🌹
Yes I had an issue logging on over the weekend but then it started working again :) if you had EC definitely wait until second trimester. I didn’t run much last pregnancy, I walked and did pilates!
ICSI cycle started 25/12/16
ET 02/02/17 - BFP! DS born 21/10/17 :D
FET 06/02/19 - BFP! DD born 06/11/19 :D

ML18
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:37 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#74 Post by ML18 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:53 pm

Jo1984 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:06 am
ML18 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:25 pm
Have your ovaries settled down now MrsF? Hope you're not feeling as much as pain as before.
I used to do a lot of high intensity exercise which i haven't done since ET, have had 2 months off from the gym due to refurbishing a house but will be getting back into it by the end of April...I would like to do some running (am not a regular at it but have done some gentle jogging on treadmill), any tips?
If you’re not a regular runner pre-pregnancy then take it really slow, particularly as it can be hard on the joints and you have relaxin hormone floating around which loosens everything up. I would recommend a run/walk strategy. Maybe 3 mins gentle jog and 1/3 mins walk. I would head outside too for the benefits of fresh air and it’s lower impact than a treadmill (plus nice to be outside). Have you got a local parkrun? Saturday’s 9am all over the country. Free timed runs and great community atmosphere. I love parkrun! There’s no pressure to go fast either :)
Thanks Jo for the tips, now that the weather is getting better will definitely be getting outside more. How have you been feeling?

Jo1984
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:28 pm

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#75 Post by Jo1984 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:24 am

ML18 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:53 pm

Thanks Jo for the tips, now that the weather is getting better will definitely be getting outside more. How have you been feeling?
Still sick but the cyclizine tablets from the hospital are keeping it at bay and I am able to eat! Got a scan today as I’m 12 weeks. It’s a private one because my NHS one is at 13+6 and we want to tell family over Easter and have reassurance and a picture! Got the pre-scan nerves right now which is adding to my nausea. I was so very very unwell 2 weeks ago I am worried about the baby. I’m not bleeding though and I know medically my body will prioritise baby over me, but I’ll be glad of the reassurance today for sure! Becoming harder to keep it secret - I have a small bump in my Lycra running gear already so wearing a really baggy running jacket, and shows how much your body stretches and doesn’t recover first time! I don’t mind though as I’m hoping a bump = baby is growing ok!!!
ICSI cycle started 25/12/16
ET 02/02/17 - BFP! DS born 21/10/17 :D
FET 06/02/19 - BFP! DD born 06/11/19 :D

Post Reply