Winter babies 2017 /18

Discussion Forum for those with assisted reproduction pregnancies and children.

Moderator: Administrator

dwri1

Re: Winter babies 2017 /18

#326 Post by dwri1 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:19 am

Hello girls

I have not been on here for ages. There are a lot of new people on here since I have been online and I will try to go through as many messages as I can.

I am currently 23 weeks pregnant. Unfortunately I have been diagnosed with a high anti-fya antibody level and therefore this puts me on the high risk list for fetal anaemia. So I have to have scans every two weeks which is scary. I have no idea what will happen and whether we will stick to the original due date or whether I will be asked to go in for a C Section to have this baby delivered early. Tomorrow I have my first visit following the diagnosis and I need to get a lot of answers regarding the way forward from my consultant. So hopefully all goes well.

I should have the hospital bag ready in 5 weeks' time but to be honest I think I might leave it till the last minute because I don't think I can get myself to do any baby shopping at the moment. I am just too skeptical that I will manage to get through this pregnancy till the end. So will see when I will have the courage to go out to baby shops to buy baby stuff.

I hope everyone else is doing well.
Me (36) no known fertility issues
DH (35) NOA - unknown cause

IVF 1:
10 fertilized
6 made it to blast
1 transferred
5 frozen
BFN

FET 1:
1 blast transferred
OTD: BFP
Baby boy born on 11.11.2014

FET#2 May 2016 BFN

Betty1973

#327 Post by Betty1973 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Hello!
D- sorry your having such s ride... I went with a list of questions last Thursday for my consultant appointment and it helped as in that moment you forget and they have their own list of things to talk about!! I hope they put your mind at ease!!!
Glad your managing it maybebaby/ I hope it becomes easier to manage when I finish the antibiotics Tomos...
as for getting ready -
when I went back in on Thursday the admitting nurse said are you ready if baby arrives early!!! - had to say no!!! - must order the pram... and get hubby to finish off nursery and furniture upgrade!!! Family have just been sorting out Christmas arrangements sooo that makes babes arrival seem even nearer!!!
We are all having our moments aren't we??
Babe semi behaved at the 4d scan/ but had her foot in her mouth most of the time!!! Then big yawns!!! She has a cute button nose though!
Have a good week everyone- Betty x

dwri1

#328 Post by dwri1 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:42 pm

Betty1973 we all plan around our original due dates but unfortunately sometimes our bodies have plans of their own. Therefore it is best to get things done asap so that if baby comes early you would be prepared.

I have a lot of baby stuff from my first child but have no newborn or baby clothes. All the baby clothes that I have start from 3 months. Sometimes i get skeptical whether i will get through this pregnancy and therefore I am trying to postpone buying any baby stuff for now for fear that I will jinx it.

IVF 1:
10 fertilized
6 made it to blast
1 transferred
5 frozen
BFN

FET 1:
1 blast transferred

FET#2 May 2016 BFN

Obismate

#329 Post by Obismate » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:56 pm

Hi all

Dwri -hope your appt with the consultant went well today and you got some reassurance. I'm on two weekly scans too. We had one today, confirmed the umbilical abnormality is definitely present but couldn't see any other things to worry about although her growth has slowed. But he said don't panic so I'm not going to! Although so far I've bought two babygrows, have been too superstitious to buy more.

Maybebaby and Betty, hope you're both managing the diabetes, it sounds hard work and all the worry that goes with it.

S ending lots of positive thoughts to everyone!

Xx

dwri1

#330 Post by dwri1 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:08 pm

Hi Obismate how far along are you?

My scan went well to a certain extent but it was not reassuring at all. Basically everything is ok with baby so far. But my consultant also said that cases like mine are rare here and unlike in other countries such as the uk, intra-uterine blood transfusions are not carried out. Therefore if my baby is diagnosed with fetal anaemia my only option is to give birth. So basically I am only 23 weeks but could give birth anytime which is worrying.

I hope everyone else is ok.

IVF 1:
10 fertilized
6 made it to blast
1 transferred
5 frozen
BFN

FET 1:
1 blast transferred

FET#2 May 2016 BFN

Lea31

#331 Post by Lea31 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:22 pm

Hi sounds like everyone is having a rough time along the way. Sending love and lots of positivity to you all.....we will get there together. We have come too far to let negativity get in our way!

Keep us uplated everyone and take care xx

Maybebaby85

#332 Post by Maybebaby85 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:49 pm

It really does sound like we are all having a tricky time - just try and stay positive ladies. With my son I was extremely poorly by this stage but everything worked out and I can tell you it's 100% worth it!!

Not too long to go now for us all x

Lea31

#333 Post by Lea31 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:55 pm

It's really creeping up fast and the good thing is we are all past the scary stage....if any were born early they would be ok! Which is always something to be thankful of. Fingers crossed we all reach around our due date.
I've been emotional the padt couple of days as just had both our pups castrated and one was distressed last night I only had 2 hrs sleep! Hoping I get more then that when baby is born but good practice. Haha!

Hope you are all ok? Xx

dwri1

#334 Post by dwri1 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:49 pm

Lea31 I am a bit far behind and still 23 + 5 days. Therefore if my baby had to be born now it would be way too early.

What bothers me the most about this pregnancy are the various uncertainties some of which include:
• are my antibodies going to harm my baby;
•should i have a c-section following a very difficult birth 1st time round which lead to a 3rd degree tear.

I had a very easy pregnancy first time round and I didn't appreciate it as I was always worrying about losing the baby. But this time I have always something to worry about. I just have to take it step by step and see what happens.

I hope everyone else is ok.

IVF 1:
10 fertilized
6 made it to blast
1 transferred
5 frozen
BFN

FET 1:
1 blast transferred

FET#2 May 2016 BFN

Lea31

#335 Post by Lea31 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:44 pm

Try not to worry dwri1 I know it's hard! We are allooking here to listen to you or give support. Hope you're OK?
These babies are fighters look how far they've come!
We will all make it to the other si2 with our little bundles of joy.......Hope u all have a great wkend I've got my nephew here this wkend and partner is working so nice to have company!

Take care everyone xx

Obismate

#336 Post by Obismate » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi all.
Hope everyone is doing ok. Dwri, I think it's natural to be really anxious. It's easy to say 'try not to worry' but so hard to do. Keep asking your consultant and midwife lots of questions, hopefully they can put your mind at rest a bit.
I've had a full on emotional week. Just hormones and tiredness, I think. But there's been lots of crying!! I'm off work next week though, so my plan is to sleep! We went to a twin antenatal class today, it was really useful. Good information and reassuring. I'd recommend it to others having twins (it was a tamba one), but also now looking forward to the NHS course too.
Sending lots of healthy growing thought to all
Xx

Maybebaby85

#337 Post by Maybebaby85 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:07 pm

Awe dwri - have you had any advice from consultant and midwives regarding your options for c section or natural birth this time? What are your thoughts at the min?? I have decided I'm going to stick to planned section (obv unless she comes early) just because of last time. I have said to consulatant if I went into labour naturally before that and they felt I was progressing well this time and baby ok I'd go with that. I'd obv much rather have a natural birth but after my 1st experience of trying induction then emergency c section I feel better knowing it will (hopefully) be a bit more planned this time and not as traumatic for me or baby....

Have other people any ideas on birth? In an ideal world I would have loved to have tried a water birth, that was my "plan" last time haha safe to say didn't happen like that one bit! My friend had a water birth and spoke so positive about it

Betty1973

#338 Post by Betty1973 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:51 pm

Hello!! I've had the joy of being back in hospital last Friday- I went for a sick note from the doc and he sent me on for tests and they kept me in again!! I was soooo upset...
Got out Sunday but more tests and monitoring this week... they think I have a liver condition and can't get on top of the blood sugar and high pulse rate.. a nightmare... I itch all over(a side effect they reckon)
Again this condition is pointing to a c section and early delivery... so another week off work... boss is asking if I'm going back or straight into maternity leave... feel bad, frustrated, upset and fed up and the sparkle of pregnancy and excitement is just not there... I just want some answers and a plan... it's freaking me out!
Back to clinic box Tomos and I'm after answers!!!- mum is coming with me..,
I wanted a natural birth and was going to do hypno course but it looks highly unlikely now with my factors and now this!!!!
To be honest I just want pregnancy over!! But only 30 weeks ---- i think the earliest they will look at is 36! I want some control!!
Sorry whinge over!!!
Betty x

Maybebaby85

#339 Post by Maybebaby85 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:21 am

Awe Betty, how awful! Don't feel guilty or worry about work - it's one of those things and nothing you can do about it. Yours and babies health comes first and above everything!!! My pregnancies never go to plan either and I had to have section last time despite wanting a natural birth. It wasn't what I wanted but at the end of the day whatever way gets baby here into the world the most safest way is what's important. Sending you lots of hugs and I hope the symptoms start to ease off for you xx

Obismate

#340 Post by Obismate » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:27 pm

Oh Betty, it sounds like your having such a tough time. Sending you lots of positive thoughts. Hang in there. It doesn't matter how your baby arrives. You've been through so much to get here already. Keep on trucking through this, we're all getting closer every day and it'll all be worth it!
Xxx

Maybebaby85

#341 Post by Maybebaby85 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:11 am

How's it going Betty, any better? X

Betty1973

#342 Post by Betty1973 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:37 pm

Hello!!! Well I have been resting resting resting! Hubby took me to see mum and dad so it was great to have a change of scenery and be spoilt a little bit!
I'm feeling much more human and trying to do a little bit more... we managed a trip to mothercare as I just want to be ready!(or have basics!)
When you have these trips in to hospital! and ladies on your ward are having babies at less weeks than me it makes you think and I wanted to know I had the basics!
The only trouble is I need 3 hours sleep after an hours shopping trip!
I have a sick note until friday do hoping to be back at work next week... got the docs Tomos just to review everything... hoping a week without consultants/ or any trips in!!!
How's everyone else doing??
Have a good week! (Count down!)
Betty x

Lea31

#343 Post by Lea31 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:17 pm

Aww betty you poor thing! Sounds like you're doing these best thing and resting and like maybebaby said as long as you and baby are well that's all that matters. At work we are all just numbers at the end of the day and if we weren't there someone would have to do our job......just look after yourself coz no one else will.
Hope the rest has helped you and take it easy if you do go back to work next week.
Hope everyone else is ok?
My cousins girlfriend had ivf just before me and she's now finished for materniry leave! It's come around so quick....
Take care everyone and hope all bumps and babies are doing well x

Maybebaby85

#344 Post by Maybebaby85 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:41 am

Oh that's good your starting to feel a little bit better Betty! Try and make sure u still get lots of rest tho next week if u are back at work!!

Has everyone packed their hospital bags yet? I did mine this weekend (I am someone who stresses if I'm not organised). When are u all finishing for mat leave? I will be having a section at 39 weeks so hoping to finish at 38 weeks and work right up.... I was already off sick at this stage with my little boy and had him at 37 weeks so maybe sooner than I planned. Got my 32 week scan and consulatation tomorrow - it's all getting so close now!!!

Been having to buy all my Xmas pressis and stuff cos thinking best to buy them all and wrap before baby is here as i won't be able to drive after section and be too busy to go shopping

FDubs

#345 Post by FDubs » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:53 pm

Hey everyone
Sounds like everyone is being kept busy by little
Ones!!

We are still having lots of growth scans. But they are both growing along their curves so so far so good.

I read somewhere that it's advised to have hospital bag ready from 26 weeks with twins.... we are 28 weeks currently so doing a panic pack and trying to make sure we have everything!! Not sure how much is just in case or whether we need to have absolutely everything on the various lists!!

Maybebaby85

#346 Post by Maybebaby85 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:00 am

Ah that's great about the scans sounds like babies are both doing well!! What I didn't do last time but will this time is pack essentials in the main bag and then have an "after birth" bag in the car with extra baby clothes etc as last time I took everything in with me and kept changing rooms and had way too much haha

FDubs

#347 Post by FDubs » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:10 pm

My Oh suggested having 2 bags one with essentials for me and then one with follow on stuff. If you've got any tips on what you took last time I'd be interested to here them maybebaby :)

Not sure how much stuff to take in the babies bag for twins!! I mean my OH can always bring more stuff if we end up having to stay in for any amount of time right??

Maybebaby85

#348 Post by Maybebaby85 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:30 pm

For you -

big knickers (quite a few as u bleed a lot)
Nursing bra x2
Couple packs maternity pads
Breast pads
I packed two front opening nighties (for labour n breastfeeding) then 2 pj bottoms and vest tops
A light dressing gown n slippers
Flip flops (for in the shower)
A towel
Toiletries (shampoo/ toothpaste/ deodorant etc)
A pillow (in bright case so diff to hospital - I used this a lot last time and to help prop up baby for breast feeding)
Comfy outfit to come home in
Few snacks
Lots of hair bobbles and brush
Small mirror

Baby-
I have packed 4 babygrows/vests/hats and bibs (I put a few more in separate bag in car) I done 3 newborn sizes and 1 size 0-3
Muslin squares
Blanket
Jacket for coming home
Nappies and cotton wool/wipes
I take some presterilised bottles n formula just encase breast feeding doesn't go to plan

I think that's it - I took lots of other stuff last time I never used such as hand cream/ a book (ha) so not bothering this time. In spare bag I put a few more nappies/ bottles n formula/ another towel/ spare underwear - I'll leave this in car and hubby can grab if I need

dwri1

#349 Post by dwri1 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:35 am

Hi Girls

Obismate I hope you are feeling a bit better. I do have really bad emotional times but it's all part of pregnancy I guess but they are just so annoying.

Maybebaby I had a third degree tear during my first pregnancy and in order to avoid that and since the baby is actually a week bigger than it should be, my consultant is strongly advising that I have a C Section. But it is something that I am totally against since I cannot possibly go on with my life without driving for 6 weeks. Obviously if I have no other options then I would not take any risks on my baby's wellbeing. As for hospital bags we are advised to have them ready by 28weeks but I am so skeptical about this pregnancy that I don't want to jinx it by preparing bag too early. Then again if baby decides to make an early appearance DH would freak as he is so hopeless at organizing things. He has no clue where to start. :lol:

Betty I am really sorry about you being unwell again. I hope you manage to get the answers you need.

Things are not going well for me at all. On Wednesday I slipped and landed right on my bum and a few hours later I had a lot of pain on the right side of my abdomen for about two hours. But then the pain went round to my lower back and I was in agony. Luckily I managed to wake up ok yesterday after a good night's rest. And if that wasn't enough I was driving yesterday and I stopped at a crossing and this car came with a huge speed behind me and rear-ended my car. I was just relieved that the old woman had made it to the other side of the road as I would have run her over which was scary. I was in a huge dilemma whether to go to hospital for a check but then decided not to as I felt ok. I am just hoping that I start feeling a bit more movement.

On Monday I have my next scan so hopefully that will go well.

Have a good weekend everyone xxx

IVF 1:
10 fertilized
6 made it to blast
1 transferred
5 frozen
BFN

FET 1:
1 blast transferred

FET#2 May 2016 BFN

Maybebaby85

#350 Post by Maybebaby85 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:26 pm

Oh Dwri sounds like you have been in the wars!! If your movements are not same I'd def go hospital and get checked, I know it's a pain but please don't leave it just encase. Hope everything is ok x