Winter babies 2017 /18

Discussion Forum for those with assisted reproduction pregnancies and children.

Moderator: Administrator

Betty1973

Re: Winter babies 2017 /18

#301 Post by Betty1973 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:02 pm

Hello!
Fdubs I went to the show in Birmingham in February... it was useful to see all the prams etc together and try them out on the pram course!!! There were some good deals but we didn't buy anything as only just pregnant...
It did help us make some choices though!!
Popped to get some shopping today MK was really quiet! Came back for a rest after a broken nights sleep again and hubby had to wake me up as I was hitting him! Whoops!! The dreams continue!
The wardrobe painting is going ok but still a way to go! Hubby is threatening to paint the baby room Tomos!- I shall have to be On duty and quality control!
Lol!
We have just had a magpie In the guniea pig run (it has a lid so must of flipped it up!) - guniea as we're scared! I sent hubby out to sort!! It got out!
I have also washed my nappies- needed 3 washes and then pegged them out! Neighbours will know now!- but probably seen me rather fat!!!- it was lovely to peg them out but I probably won't think that in the middle of a cold January!!!!!
Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Look after each other!
Betty x

Maybebaby85

#302 Post by Maybebaby85 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:38 pm

Haha Betty, your probably right about not thinking that in the cold winter months!

I have had a lovely weekend. My sister came round and bathed and put my little boy to bed yesterday so me and hubby went out for just two hours haha. Seems silly as he almost two but he has never been put to bed by anyone other than me or my husband before let alone stayed out at anyone's house. I'm a bit protective and also after waiting so long for him I just am not interested in spending my free time when I'm not working a way from him but thought need to start loosening up a bit before baby is born (esp as I will prob have a short stay in hospital with having a c section).. was actually nice to get dressed up and go out for a bit, although we were back home for 9pm haha

Betty1973

#303 Post by Betty1973 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:38 pm

Hello!
Maybebaby that sounds like a good idea with your son! - trying not to have too many changes attached to the baby! I know I did that for my brother and his wife! Make the most of hubby time!
Painting still on the go/ doc has put me on antibiotics for chest infection so painting not the best!
Been to the midwife today- all is good and good strong heart beat, blood pressure and urine. She was much better (the midwife) today!
Got my diabetic and whooping cough next week before I go back to school... I hadn't realised until I booked it that you have to stay at the surgery for the 2 hours!
Mothercare have 30 pounds off the bedside crib so going to go shopping at the weekend... just need to get rid of double bed in spare room...
Can't believe how quick hols has gone!!!
Hope everyone else is well and appointments too!!!
Betty x

Maybebaby85

#304 Post by Maybebaby85 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:28 pm

Awe sounds like your very busy Betty! I saw midwife yesterday and asked why I wasn't having a diabetes test this time and she looked shocked and said I should have and I must have "slipped through the net" so she rang and booked me in for in 2 weeks time!
We have our 3D scan booked for Sunday - excited to see my little girl again

Hope everyone else is ok x

Obismate

#305 Post by Obismate » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi all
Hope everyone has had a good bank holiday weekend! I finally finished decorating a room in our house that I started in Feb! I went a bit nuts while waiting to down regulate (seems so long ago now) and I started decorating almost every room in the house! Since then we've lived in chaos as I haven't had the energy to finish anything! Bought paint for the living room too, so that's next weekend sorted. :D
Can't believe we are all at or coming up to 24 weeks, it feels like a real milestone. I can really feel the little guys moving now.

How's everyone doing? maybebaby how was your scan?

Maybebaby85

#306 Post by Maybebaby85 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:06 pm

Awe sounds great, a lovely newly decorated home ready for when you pop! My scan wasn't very successful as baby was all curled up and had both legs and arms over her face. I went walking round for an hour but she didn't move! They have let me rebook for free for next week so hoping she is less camera shy by then haha

Betty1973

#307 Post by Betty1973 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:11 am

Hello!
Hope it's more successful next time maybebaby! I have booked a 4d scan for hubbies birthday but can't get in for a few weeks!
Wide awake after midnight- think I am worried about going back to work Tomos and working at the pace I know I need to do... i have tried to promise myself I won't worry and do too long hours!!
Had my diabetes test today - what a boring 2 hours in the doctors surgery! Got the whooping cough whilst I was there! I also saw the doc as chest still not clear they have given me different antibiotics- I don't like doing it but he promised safe and I needed them! I'm becoming a medical drain - when I hardly ever used to go!!!
Start my Heflin injections soon so got to go back to the nurse for a lesson- I'm told nowhere near as bad a ivf injections!
Hope everyone else is good and bumps are growing and kicking!!!
Betty x

Maybebaby85

#308 Post by Maybebaby85 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:01 pm

Hope your chest is clearing up Betty?? I have my diabetes test next week. Have consultant and 28 week scan this Thursday - hoping baby has moved a little.

Had such a busy weekend. Hubby has been working all weekend long so I took our little boy to the seaside for the day Saturday with my mum and sisters. Was gorgeous weather and he rode a donkey for the first time and went on some rides which i was thinking he was too young for yet he was a little dare devil and wanted them to go "faster"!! It's truely so lovely seeing the excitement on toddlers faces, literally everything is new for them and it feels like Christmas morning watching them get all excited and seeing them so happy. Had an amazing weekend but I'm absolutely shattered. Don't think I have ever been this tired before and my back is killing me (think it's cos I'm lifting my little boy so much). Not looking forward to work tomorrow need a week in bed to recover haha

Betty1973

#309 Post by Betty1973 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:22 pm

Hello! I've had an eventful weekend ending up in the maternity unit after ringing 111! The chest was really affecting my breathing and adding to that was the fact I hadn't felt the baby kick for about 12 hours..
Nightmare!!!
Babe is fine.. I have never been so relieved... I've ended up on 3 week sick note and inhaler for steroids and the news I have gestinal diabetes... yeah! (Sarcasm!)
I went to see the GPs practice nurse today and she said your having a bit of a rough ride aren't you... I cried... I'm a geriatric wreck!!
Can't quiet believe they think it will take 3 weeks to get fit... suppose I just have to except it and chill and get over this infection!!!!
Maybebaby that sounds ace and such fun.... wait until you take two!!!! I'm really beginning to want to count weeks down but still feels a while away!!
Although with the start of X factor and strictly means the countdown to Christmas is coming and baby comes first!!!
Anyhow my news over!!

Maybebaby85

#310 Post by Maybebaby85 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:29 am

Oh Betty it really does sound like your having a tough time!! Are you feeling any better at all? Xx

Betty1973

#311 Post by Betty1973 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:11 pm

Hello!! Not really unfortunately maybebaby... on another steroid inhaler , I also have an urine infection and low and behold it's unusual and I can't have the antibiotic to treat... so got to retest and looking at IV at hospital as in patient! I am beginning to wonder!!!! Not having luck!
So not having a brilliant time!
Midwife Tomos and doctors Monday And 4 clinics at hospital- said to hubby good job im not at work... no time! (I'm trying to see brighter side!)
Did you have other scan???

Lea31

#312 Post by Lea31 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:35 am

Sorry not been in for ages and my notifactions have turned off for some reason.
Betty hope ur feeling better soon....sounds like you're having a rubbish time at the mo! But think positive ....you will get better and baby is doing well.
Maybebaby hope your back is feeling better? When do you have your other scan?
Hope everyone is doing well?
I've been like obismate with the decorating but it's stopped and need to get back on it as need house back to normal b4 baby comes! Not long now guys.

Have a fab weekend everyone! X

Betty1973

#313 Post by Betty1973 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:14 pm

Hello! I'm home now but have been in hospital! The doc and midwife referred me as concern/
In the maternity unit isolation room... the chest didn't get better and I had a stomach and urine infection! Lol!
I ended up on very strong antibiotics IV after lots of discussion about safety... you can imagine I was very poorly- and scared about babe.. but I'm home sleeping and on other oral antibiotics...
My room was next to the high dependency birth stuff so I heard loads and asked nurses/docs/and anethesist questions from horses mouth... I have to say great bunch of experts and tried to keep me rationale as I fretted loads as you can imagine...
Lots of follow up and of course my diabetes is all over place... extra scan Wednesday...
Feeling and hoping I'm recovering and will be fit and back to full health... want to be normal!-lol and can get the nursery set up back and running!!!
Hope everyone had a great weekend.... ! Betty x

Lea31

#314 Post by Lea31 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:33 pm

Awwww betty I am glad you're home hope you're feeling betier soon. I can imagine how worried about it all I would of been the same. These babies defo keeping us on our toes.
Glad baby is ok and you got o aks lots of questions.
Get lots of rest xx

Maybebaby85

#315 Post by Maybebaby85 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:59 pm

Awe Betty, sounds so scary! I'm glad your back home an dthey looked after you well at hospital!! Have you finished work now or just off sick?? Sorry if I missed you saying - baby brain and can't keep up!

Lea - lovely to hear from you. Are you having fun decorating the nursery? What colours have u gone for?

I had my 4d scan on Sunday - got some cute pictures. Also was told (as I know I'm having section again) my likely section date will be 27th Nov - seems to be getting very close now. Slightly anxious of having a toddler and newborn now haha

FDubs

#316 Post by FDubs » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:11 pm

Hey Betty that sounds horrendous! Hope you are on the mend now!!

Can't remember if I updated you guys on our nursery... anyway 2 cots in that room is a bit of a reality check!! We've got them both up in case we need both but if they prefer one then we will put one in the spare room out of the way.

I found the best changing bag ever the other day! It's called a babymule and can be a rucksack, messenger bag, or clips on buggy! Practical stuff like that is awesome for our lifestyle as we are pretty active! It can also hold more than just baby stuff according to reviews so I figured for twins it should be ideal!

As for growth scan last week... so little one is growing she's still under 5% and bigger one is still on her growth curve so they still have a 23ish % difference. Got to stay under fetal medicine have another scan in 3 weeks and then probably every 2. They checked blood flow and have said that's where they will be most concerned if resistance increases as it would indicate distress. If she remains small they may want to deliver at 34-35 weeks which will be in Notts rather than home hospital. So in a nutshell it's good cos she's growing just appears to be small and still no indicators of chromosomal issues but they may not be apparent until she's born. Other little girl is bob on just hogging more of the space and squishing little one a bit and has more fluid around her than the little one but not outside of normal ranges...

Still worry so much about them, just about starting to struggle with my bump but booked on for aquanatal starting this week and got a twin antenatal course next month.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Lea31

#317 Post by Lea31 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:10 pm

Lovely to catch up with you all.

Maybebaby we have decided to paint the room white with pink and black accessories. Going to get carpets in next few weeks as got plaster amd paint all over the old one. I can't wit to get it all sorted now. Think I'm getting anxious as not too far now.

I've had to go to the placenta clinic as baby might be small so they are keeping an extra eye in her as umbilical cord is not central so could mean I might have to deliver early. I have another appointment end of Sept to check up.

How long are you all having off work? I'm debating either 9 months with annual leave on top or full year as I'll have to pay for childcare which will be a lot! Can't believe I'm thinking this far ahead..... :?

Betty1973

#318 Post by Betty1973 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:28 pm

Hello all!!! So good to hear all the news...
These special babes are causing mummy stress!
Yeah off sick not maternity - I've been trying to find the schools Maternity policy to find out when you have to do maternity rather than sick ( looked on union sites and I think it's 35 weeks) I'm only 28..,not sure it's going to make the leaving work date I had in mind (second week of November). Hospital staff I talked to seemed to think early birth... the anesthetist made me laugh when he kept telling me loads to go and nowhere near! (There's us thinking heading to the end!!!)
Hey I wait for the scan on Wednesday and consultant and diabetic clinic on Thursday!
Good to be home- but still not feeling brilliant! - but what can I expect still on 2 very strong antibiotics- just feeling not low- but hey!!! I need to get back to being normally pregnant and excited about getting near and things ready...
What a journey!!!! - for us all!!! It will be inteResting to see which babe arrives anywhere near due date order!!!
Baby Brian is a fighter and are t they all!!!
Betty xxx

Maybebaby85

#319 Post by Maybebaby85 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:22 pm

Oh these babies really are putting us through it. Just had a call from the hospital myself and got to go in this afternoon as I have now developed gestational diabetes! Great! Haha just when I thought things were going fairly smoothly this time!

The nurserys sound lovely and might have a look at that changing bag as with a toddler and newborn I need a bigger one x

Betty1973

#320 Post by Betty1973 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:37 pm

Hello!
Maybebaby join the club!- gestinal diabetes- have you had the diet and how to test session! My numbers blood sugar are all over the place- but I am going to ask loads of questions around my illness and diarrhoea and effect on the readings..., I have horrible feeling out me on drugs Tomos....
Got the clinic tomorrow with consultant- mum is coming as I'm all Over the place!
Had a scan today as part of follow up hospital and diabetes - baby is under weight- so more questions tomorrow...
Bag sounds great-looking forward to more shopping when I feel better- better order the pram!
Betty x

Obismate

#321 Post by Obismate » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:02 pm

Hi all,
Oh wow, everyone is going through it! Sending lots of positive healthy thoughts to us all.

Betty, I'm glad you're out of hospital, hope the antibiotics kick in fully soon.
Maybebaby sorry to hear about the diabetes, hopefully you'll get some good advice about managing it and it stays under control. Any tips Betty?
Lea, your nursery sounds lovely, I'll be thinking about you for your next appointment, and hoping things are ok with the umbilical cord and placenta.
FDubs, I hope you're ok too. It must be such a massive worry. Good news that your little one is growing and fingers crossed that she continues to hold her own. Did you enjoy aquanatal? Who are you doing you're twin antenatal course with? Is it NHS or a different organisation? We're booked on one with tamba in a couple of weeks.
Some scary stuff all round, these babies are putting us through every emotion possible!

I've also had a worrying scan. One of our twins has an abnormality detected with the umbilical cord. It could be nothing or it could be an indicator of other problems. They couldn't do a full scan because of the way she was lying. The consultant is saying don't worry at the moment. He says they'll investigate further (next scan is Monday). So I'm trying not to dwell about it (or google too obsessively). And fingers crossed for good news on Monday.
Sending lots of love to all and thinking of everyone

Xxx

Maybebaby85

#322 Post by Maybebaby85 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:22 pm

Oh obismate sorry you are having a worrying time! Well done for staying away from Google etc. I hope Monday comes round quickly for you and you get the reassurance you need!!

Betty - sounds like your really struggling at the min. Don't know about you but I'm finding all these diet rules really confusing and hard to get my head around! I'm so scared of eating the wrong things and harming baby! I have met the lead midwife for GD at hospital and gone through diet and how to test bloods. The bloods seem under control on the moment but I have a birthday party tomorrow so I'm stressing as will need to take my own food. I have an appointment with consultant plus a group session with dietician on Tuesday so hopefully put my mind at rest a bit more.

Can't believe all these babies putting us through this haha after everything we go through to get pregnant you think we would get a break and have a healthy happy stress free pregnancy - guess it will be worth it in the end x

Betty1973

#323 Post by Betty1973 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:03 pm

Hello!
I went through clinic on Thursday and they put me back in hospital! But we are home today's day making progress. They explained that the high blood sugar was stopping my body fight the infection and the infection highering the blood sugar and pulse rate..
So I'm on insulin and the impact has been amazing on how I feel and my health.. ( although I was obviously not happy to be on more drugs!)
Maybebaby I hope you can get yours under control with Diet- but if not don't hesitate! Do you have to go to a new diabetes clinic and consultant- I have to say the obs doc and the diabetes doc were fantastic and put my mind at ease...they are suggesting even more likely c section due to further risks of blood sugar...
Sorry to hear about everyone else's worries... and sending all the positive vibes for appointments this week... let us know about the twins... I hope the docs are great and all news is as positive as it can be!
We are all going through challenges aren't we!!!- count down hey soon!- I wonder which bubba will arrive first?
I think due dates are out of the window for a few of us!! Lol!
I better get the pram ordered! Being in the maternity ward with contractions going on around me was eligntening again! But you can't knock the midwife care I received!
Everybody enjoy your weekend-
Betty xx

Betty1973

#324 Post by Betty1973 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:23 pm

Sorry meant to add maybebaby that the Diet discussion was ok but a little patronising at times so take a deep breath! They do explain looking at yogurt/ cereal labels and the grams of crabs you can have per 100 grams you can have.. they also push GI bread etc - so brown seededis the way to go!
When I get well enough to do food shop I need to
I seemto go higher when I have bread... potato and other carbohydrates don't seem to have the same effect..but because of everything else o can't really find a pattern... the other issue being hospital food was eat what you get!!- ironically no diabetes as an option for the menu choices!!! Pear also seemed to send me high- I only had some ham and a pear and it was my highest level ever!!
Ok with apples and bananas!
It is a bit of a try and see and that's what the nurse said... I feel hungry but trying to do free snacks from the list...
But don't stress as much as I did about going on medication if they suggest it (I know easy for me to say) but it feel it wasn't truly worth it especially when they explained how the infection was unlikely to go without the diabetes under control....
let me know!! - bettyx

Maybebaby85

#325 Post by Maybebaby85 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:54 am

Thanks Betty, I know what u mean about not wanting medication I feel like that, although if it does come to it I'll do whatever to keep baby safe. Sorry u hAd to go back in hospital, how awful but great news your feeling much better!! At the min my levels seem to be under control with diet but I know that the more pregnant you get the more likely they are to rise so I'm prepared! I'm 29 weeks pregnant now and due to have c section at 39 weeks (if I get that far) so only 10 weeks left for me now.... my little boy came at 37 weeks by emergency c section so could be sooner esp now I'm having some complications again - feel like I need to pack my hospital bags just encase hahha