Winter babies 2017 /18

Discussion Forum for those with assisted reproduction pregnancies and children.

Moderator: Administrator

Lea31

Re: Winter babies 2017 /18

#401 Post by Lea31 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:47 pm

Hi everyone.

Well done f dubs and obismate you sound like you're doing an amazing job. I can't imagine how hard it is with twins I find it tiring with just one!
I've beenjoyed stuck in since having ava so the past few days I've had ro go and walk the dogs just to get out. I will be looking at groups soon. My health visitor gave me some tht are local.
Betty how is it going with Florence?

I don't know about you guys but it's so weird to think we are now parents to these bundles of joy! Enjoy your time with your special early Christmas presents.

Xx

Betty1973

#402 Post by Betty1973 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:42 pm

Hello!
Hi dubs! We are good and getting out and about more walking and I even caught a bus into town!!! No car is doing my head in!!! I have an early 6 week check next as Christmas Day is 6 weeks! Looking forward to Christmas and seeing more family and friends and celebrating madam!!!
The midwife has signed me and Florence off today and I gave her a review of my experience!!! She wasn't that impressed!
Florence has put on more weight 6lb 1oz!!! Yeah! We are filling up the tiny baby suits!!! She is sleeping for 5/6 hours at night and I'm not waking her to feed!!! - am I horrid!!!
The gavisgon has worked but trying not to use every feed as makes her constipated... infacol helps too! But I think going to try gripe water Tomos...as she is now 4 weeks!!! Yeah!

maybebaby how's things? Have you had little one!!!

Right everyone keep smiling and trying to sleep! Are you all eating too much crap or is it me after not eating anything naughty due to diabetes... January diet! Too hard over Xmas!

Betty x

FDubs

#403 Post by FDubs » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:50 pm

Hey guys, we ventured out with the girls just down the road to Asda and it was easier in pushchair than with car I think! Trying to keep them rugged up due to still being so tiny! Health visitor weighed them today and they are both over their birth weight which is good. My boobs are getting a battering as they are all about the food!

We think Evie has a bit of colic so going to try infacol with her.

I weighed myself for first time since having th girls the other day and from th week I went into hospital to now I’ve lost 15kg! 6 more to lose to be back at pre pregnancy weight! My legs look ever so skinny though as I’ve lost a lot of muscle tone from not running during th second half of th pregnancy!

Hope everyone else is doing ok, any news for any of th others?

Betty1973

#404 Post by Betty1973 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:14 pm

Merry Christmas to you all!!! With love to you and your babies!
What a Christmas we are all going to have!! This time last year I was still waiting for a donor on a list!!! And was told we would have to wait months.... instead the second week of January was the the magic date when our dream came true!
Found a fab thing which sucks bogies out of your babies nose!!! Florence has a snuffle and just can't get them 4 quid from boots and a life saver... it gets stuck in a filter I promise but really gets rid of the pesky yuck! Thought I would share as only found out when reaseaching on internet about how to help!
Lots of memory pressies for close family and friends!- think I am there!!! Going to mum and dads do looking forward to introducing Florence to life friends and family and chilling as mum takes a bit of the strain! We are stsying for a break too!
I am making lists of lusts of what need to try and get in the car! It's mad!! The pram and carry cot takes the boot up!!!
Florence is sleeping for 5/6 hours at night so not waking her up so eating loads in the day which is great!!!

Any news maybebaby!
Festive wishes to you all!
Betty xx

Lea31

#405 Post by Lea31 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:08 am

Have a lovely time at your mum's betty I'm sure you will all be spoilt. I can't beleive it's Christmas already.....first chriatmas that I'm so unorganised but hey ho I've a 4wk old and that's my excuse.
I'm going out for chriatmas dinner with family at local pub so looking forward to spending time with family. My partners working though! But does have a week off after boxing g day.
Thts brill that your little one sleeps for you betty. Ava wakes every 3 to 4 hrs still but not too bad as long as I get some sleep I'm ok.
Ffubs how's everything doing? Hope the colic has eased? You will easily get tht weight off....I must weigh myself actually!
Have a fantastic Christmas as mummies and Daddies with your beautiful babies. Crazy tht they weren't here this time last yr!
Take care...eat lots and be merry xx

JLR3

#406 Post by JLR3 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:26 pm

Hi all

Haven't been on the forum for a few many months now. Pregnancy just ran away with me and then next thing I knew I was finishing work and going on maternity leave!!

Consultant decided to induce me on my due date due to being an ivf baby...even tho my pregnancy was straightforward throughout.

As it was I ended up having a super quick labour and gave birth having only had 2 paracetamol for pain relief!!! I went from 2cm dilated to 10 in the space of an hour!!!

Sophie Abigail was born on 9th Dec, weighing 7lb 15oz. We never found out the sex so a girl was a lovely surprise (everyone thought I was having a boy!!!)

I hope everyone is doing well with their new arrivals

Jo xxx

Lea31

#407 Post by Lea31 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:51 pm

Congratulations Jo....glad it all went well. Your labour sounds super quick, mine was 6 hours and i thought that was quick. Love the name and hope you and Sophie are getting lots of sleep and resting as and when you can....I know it's easier said then done!

I find it so weird how some consultants find ivf pregnancies high risk factors especially if the pregnancy has been straightforward.

Happy new year to you all too......2018 is going to be full of lovely memories and snuggles.

My little one is becoming a clingy madam she is ok in the morning but afternoon she wants to be in my arms! I've brought a sling which helps. Hope all babies are behaving and you are all enjoying being off in this horrible weather and keeping warm by cuddling your bundles of joy.
Take care everyone xx

Obismate

#408 Post by Obismate » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:06 am

Hi all
Not been in fir a while. Babies seem to take up all the time! Just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year filled with health and baby happiness!
Congratulations jo on the arrival of Sophie! What a fantastic labour, you can't ask for better than that!
Lea I hope ava is less clingy,altho extra cuddles are never a hardship (but hard to sleep when they won't go down)
Betty - hope florence is doing well, it sounds like she's sleeping really well, my twoare all over the place, no routine so far and they'll go between 2 to 4 hours between feeds, so it's hard to predict when they'll be awake.
Fdubs - how are your girls? Are they sleeping abd eating well? How are you coping with them both? I'll be honest, I'm finding it incredibly hard work! The sleeplessness is really brutal, sometimes my guys just tag team me all night and I get about 20mins between feed cycles, other times they're awake together but screaming at the sane time. The twin form you linked me to has been great -loads of practical advice. Are you still managing to breast feed?
Dan and catherine are really growing and are gorgeous in spite of the sleeplessness. Altho we've been sampling nhs departments tge last two weeks. Both twins have had a chest virus and Dan ended up in hospital via a & e.
All ok now tho abd they're both on the mend.
Hope everyone is ok, happy 2018!
xx

Obismate

#409 Post by Obismate » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:06 am

Hi all
Not been on for a while. Babies seem to take up all the time! Just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year filled with health and baby happiness!
Congratulations jo on the arrival of Sophie! What a fantastic labour, you can't ask for better than that!
Lea I hope ava is less clingy,altho extra cuddles are never a hardship (but hard to sleep when they won't go down)
Betty - hope florence is doing well, it sounds like she's sleeping really well, my twoare all over the place, no routine so far and they'll go between 2 to 4 hours between feeds, so it's hard to predict when they'll be awake.
Fdubs - how are your girls? Are they sleeping abd eating well? How are you coping with them both? I'll be honest, I'm finding it incredibly hard work! The sleeplessness is really brutal, sometimes my guys just tag team me all night and I get about 20mins between feed cycles, other times they're awake together but screaming at the sane time. The twin form you linked me to has been great -loads of practical advice. Are you still managing to breast feed?
Dan and catherine are really growing and are gorgeous in spite of the sleeplessness. Altho we've been sampling nhs departments tge last two weeks. Both twins have had a chest virus and Dan ended up in hospital via a & e.
All ok now tho abd they're both on the mend.
Hope everyone is ok, happy 2018!
xx

FDubs

#410 Post by FDubs » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:06 am

Congrats on Sophie! Sounds like you had a really good birth!

Hope everyone’s little ones are doing well! And Christmas was good... we didn’t really do loads as we are going to do it bigger next year.

Obismate, the lack of sleep is horrendous isn’t it?! We are trying to keep them in sync with feeds but it doesn’t always work! Katie is half breast fed half bottle fed EBM as I’m waiting on a breastfeeding consultant to visit (her latch is terrible so getting very sore) Evie is mainly bottle fed EBM with a few goes at breastfeeding, she is bigger now so hoping she can get on with it. So yeah in between feeds I’m expressing and totally feel like a cow!! We tend to get 3 hours between feeds, managed 4 hours between last night so probably the opportunity for a few hours sleep except Evie is rubbish at settling at night!!! Katie is asleep in seconds of putting her down but I seem to spend a lot of time settling Evie. OH has been brill though which really helps. I feel so guilty when one of them has to wait and is screaming.. I’ve managed to perfect picking them both up but once I sit down with them I can’t really do anything else! The whole sleep whilst they sleep seems hard to achieve as well!!

Hope your guys are ok!! I would have been so worried! Ours are quite snotty at the moment, I guess that’s the side effect of a winter baby just hoping it stays as a bit of congestion and nothing else. Are they putting on weight? Can’t believe how chubby our girls are getting but they were really skinny when born!

Are you still managing to breastfeed? If so there’s another amazing group on Facebook called breastfeeding twins and triplets UK with loads of useful info. I’m really hoping this face to face help will help us with Katie’s latch so we can be pain free!!

Hope everyone is having a good start to the year and wishing long sleep filled nights to everyone... at some point this year!!

Betty1973

#411 Post by Betty1973 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:59 pm

Happy new year!!!! 2018 the year our babies grow to little people!!!
Jo congratulations.... it's so special!
We had a wonderful Christmas sharing our precious gift with our Family and friends... my mum totally loved having her and hubby and I had 2 date nights!!! And we actually managed to talk about other things than Florence!!!
She has been clingy since we returned but trying hard to get back into a routine as daddy is back at work!!
She now weighs 7lb 13! So we are chuffed! She is out of the tiny baby and into newborn and 0-3!
Florence passed her 6 month and has a growing personality!
We are looking at holidays.., but everything costs!
Off to family celebration next weekend st hotel so just trying to work out the logistics of bottles and milk and hotel room...
Another car full I reckon! Lol!
Take care everyone and keeeeep smiling!
Betty x

Obismate

#412 Post by Obismate » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:00 am

Hi all,
Hope all ok and everyone is getting some sleep and babies are growing well. I think Catherine is on the verge of smiling, it melts me every time her mouth does it! Dan is a bit behind her developmentally but not far!

FDubs, I'm really similar to you with the feeding/sleeping. Cat is breast then bottle top up (has been since day three as we had some weight gain problems). Her latch is really hit and miss, even with help from the breast feeding supporters. My nipples are so bruised some days. I'm on the multiples bf forum, it's really helpful. Dan is entirely bottle fed, some ebm, some formula. From his days in NICU he's not really managed to breast feed (we got there about three times but so inconsistently that it was really stressful for him). I'm trying to express as much as I can but tbh it's not usually more than 3 times in a day as I can't fit it and get some sleep.

We went to a baby sensory class today. I loved it but Cat slept through the whole thing and Dan howled to be fed! :roll:

Betty, lea, jo; how are your little guys? Are you managing to get sleep/out and about much? I can't believe be how long it takes to get out of the door and do anything!

Xx

Lea31

#413 Post by Lea31 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:01 am

Hi everyone

We went to a singing class this week obismate...ava loved it and it was nice to do something with my fat. I'm going to book some more classes next week I am looking at massage and hopefully attend local church group too.

Ava is doing really well but like you said betty she is becoming clingy. She has her eyes slightly open in the day time and if you put her down she cries!

We did the dreadded thing of looking at nurseries and they are so expensive 50 pounds a day! Full time thts more than a mortgage!! Why is everyone doing about childcare? We might have to look at a childminders but they are not much cheaper. I was even thinking of going part time but will have to sit down and look at it.
Have a good weekend even though every day feels like a weekend to me at the moment!

Xxx

FDubs

#414 Post by FDubs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:14 pm

Hey guys, sounds like everyone had managed to get to classes! We’ve been to tiny talk, and a breast feeding group an put our names down for baby massage. Booking the girls in for swimming too!

Obismate, Katie has got a bit better but still hurting me but managing to do more feeds at the breast. Local support hasn’t really helped me have any lightbulb moments as to what we are doing wrong. I express after every feed pretty much but am going to reduce that as I think I’m producing too much milk now! I’m maybe going to go to la Leche meeting in Nottingham to see if someone can help there. Whereabouts do you live??

Lea, one of our girls is getting clingy. Have you looked at the wonder weeks app/book they have development leaps that help their brain learn new things at certain points and clinginwss can be a side effect of that.

We’ve decided with nursery to do a few half days when the girls are 1 and my OH is gonna go part time. Sadly my job doesn’t have a part time option.

I love getting out of ththe house with the girls even though it takes ages to do so!! I also believe it’s good for them to experience stuff before we think it actually matters!!
Hope everyone is doing ok and keeping fingers crossed for sleepy nights and big gaps between feeds (we don’t really have them yet!!)
:)

JLR3

#415 Post by JLR3 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:10 pm

Hi all.

Sounds like everyone has been really busy.

Sophie is settling in well, cant believe she is 6 weeks this coming saturday!!

I've been looking at classes but my husband reckons it too early to take sophie to them....What does everyone think??

Also i thing I've made a bit of an error....gave sophie a dummy when I was really struggling with breast feeding and now she won't settle without one. So now when she is going to keep she keeps spitting it out and then she cries. Takes ages to settle her!! Don't how to try and stop that!!!

Jo xx

JLR3

#416 Post by JLR3 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:14 pm

Oh also I'm making contact with a childminder in the next couple of weeks to sort out about childcare for she I go back to work in October. Looking at about £6 per hour but that includes all activities and food and drink.

Roughly about £700 per.month for the amount of hours we will need.

An absolute fortune!!

Jo xxx

Lea31

#417 Post by Lea31 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:23 am

Hi
Just up ready for the 12 o clock feed. I'm bottle feeding ava and her milk-reflux, you have to wait for it to thicken so you have to be ready! This milk has helped her loads as she used to look like she was in pain b4 and was always grunting whilst feeding but is fine now.

Jlr I started groups at 7 weeks old. Just a 30 min group of singing and sensory. I've also attended local sure start where there are sensory rooms which she loves! I do wonder whether it's too much though as I have read about over stimulation and sometimes the day after she is really cranky. It may be a coincidence but still trying to keep an eye on it.

I've been loozing at child care and it's so expensive! It's a mortgage! I really don't know.wot to do for the best...to cut my hrs or go back full time?.

Can't believe how time is flying with these little ones!
Ava is still being a little clingy but not as bad. I read a little. Something jrl thanks for the tip on the developmenal stage. Who would of known?!

How's everyone doing with lack of sleep? I'm really used to it now and hardly nap in the day!

Take care xx

Betty1973

#418 Post by Betty1973 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:07 pm

Hello!
Can't believe Florence is 10 weeks Tomos and we have started the dreaded back to work discussion which ended up with me getting upset about leaving Florence! Looking st going back before school hols and then I get paid summer hols!!! But it seems really quick!!! I am trying to stick to 2 days but not sure work will say yes/ 3 would be better money wise but not sure I can do it! ( they are growing so quick!)
We are looking at a nursery this week but think I prefer idea of s child minder and less children and more family style! But who knows!
Also been looking at holidays and chance if a cheap Spain deal whilst I don't have to go school hols!- cant really afford it but feel need it and so cheap out of school hols!!
She made it through her injections and she hardly cried! I think the blood taking was so painful this was nothing!
We have been going to talking point since Florence was 3 weeks just meeting local mums... I also doing a set of baby massage lessons which Florence loves and is chilled afterwards... I also her. To the library songtime 3 tines!(great and free!)
Trying to book swimming but all full! But hubby and I have been taking her and she loves it!
Florence is still sleeping 6-7 hours at night but doesn't sleep much in day trying to get a routine and like you succumbed to a dummy at Christmas - great but I am worried she is becoming s bit dependent on it! So keep trying to get rid of it! But then she puts her fist instead!!
Hotel stay went really well but the car was like we were going for a month!!! We took her crib and she slept like a log!! She got fussed by family especially her cousins who are 7 and 10! It was a posh hotel so got worried about going into the alacarte restaurant but she was good and people kept taking to her!
Had a nightmare day today screamed for 4 hours without any reason I could find!!! Don't laugh but I put her in the car at 7 wth hubby in pjs and just drove down dual carriageway for 40 minutes!! She went to sleep came home and fed and has slept ever since!! Lol!
Anyway take care and hugs to all !
Betty x

Lea31

#419 Post by Lea31 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:23 pm

Hi betty

You've been busy which is great and sounds like you're both having fun.
I have had a few episodes of ava screaming for no reason recently not sure if it's an age thing or what?! But it's so annoying as you just don't know what to do to settle them.
My partner has been off for a couple of wks recently which has been good as the help and support is there. He normally works nights so it's pretty hard when he's working.
It's so sad thinking about going back to work ain't it betty? I don't want to think about it but I have to due to finding childcare as can't leave it late or there won't be anywhere for her then what would I do? Actually that's a good idea I could just tell work I've no childcare and can't come back! Could start my own childminding from home. Haha.
I'm trying to start a routine with ava as we were going bed late and waking late but as of t9day I've put her down at 8.30 it took a while to settle her but she's now asleep.....fingers crossed.
Hope everyone else is doing ok? Xx

JLR3

#420 Post by JLR3 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi all.

Sophie had one of those days of crying for no reason so I just walked round the village for like 45 minute and she had finally gone off!!! She slept through the night last night 11.30 till 7.30. We had been getting about 5 hours in a row but that by far was the longest she has slept.

Been looking at swimming lessons too and am thinking of joining her once we get back from our little breakaway in Feb. Then I think I will start a group or 2 as well. My best mate is due her baby in March so soon will have some baby company!

Still have rung the childminder yet...I'm putting it off as really don't want to think about work but I know if I don't then I might not get a space!! In fact im going to call now and stop making excuses for not doing it lol!!!

Xxx

Betty1973

#421 Post by Betty1973 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:48 pm

Hello!
I think I may have child minder in the pipeline... the lady who runs the mum group is also a childminder and I asked and we are meeting next week to discuss... I hope it comes off I feel I know her and the set up is lovely and natural!
I also need to look at this tax voucher scheme and work out the best way!!!
Swimming Tomos! She does love it!!! Got some bargains in market harbourgh for Florence but getting bigger sizes!!
Went to visit a nursery but it was very clinical and small space! I didn't like it!!! I think I would find it very difficult to leave her there it just didn't feel right!!!
Still looking st holidays to go in term time for once! Got florences picture fine for her passport she was good!! I paid for a shop to do them so know they are ok!!
Moved to a 4 hour feed program at mo and she's coping with it so taking more milk too... she slept between 11 and 4-30 last night not bad!!
Have great weekend!
Betty x