Summer 2017 babies

Discussion Forum for those with assisted reproduction pregnancies and children.

Moderator: Administrator

Woody07

Re: Summer 2017 babies

#176 Post by Woody07 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:38 pm

I feel exactly the same. It’s got worse since the group of friends I’ve made through playgroup have nearly all now either got a second or are now pregnant. Also feel I should feel lucky with my life (I know how lucky I am) but also have such an urge for a sibling for him. It feels so unfair. We’ve got 4 Frosties and I managed to persuade my husband to go for a consultation. He’s agreed to 1 transfer but now I’m stalling as the thought of it failing terrifies me. I’m also now part time and have no money saved. It’s too much pressure!

shiru

#177 Post by shiru » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:27 pm

Hey jasper
Sorry to hear that you are feeling alone..it is hard. The journey of IVF..theres no right or wrong way to feel.

Jasper I really hope and pray that you do find peace in whatever decision you make. Be very kind to yourself. By the way did you conceive twins and 1 didn't make it or have I got that wrong?? I can't say it enough be kind to yourself and get counselling if need be to get your head in the right place in order to think of the future clearly. I'm always here to chat if you need to. I've carried on with the counselling at the clinic and my may/June cycle buddies thread cause I've needed someone to talk to

All the best
Last edited by shiru on Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Optimistic123

#178 Post by Optimistic123 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:01 pm

Hi jasper, my little girl is 2 and a half. We decided when she was about 18 months I think there will always be a part of me that wants more that ache doesn’t go it’s just how I deal with it. We’ve been through a lot since Phoebe arrived, she has lost all 4 grandparents and it makes you realise life is too short to concentrate on what you could have, you just have to focus on what you do have and live everyday like it’s that last. Also My auntie had 18 rounds of ivf/egg donation and was one of the unlucky ones that never got her miracle in the end, so sometimes I see her heart aching and remind myself I have one and she may not have been here. It’s hard when you haven’t got anyone to talk too. Is it a definite no more tries for you guys?
1st IVF failed - jan/Feb 16 all eggs immature
2nd round - started may/June 16 IVF - BFP 💓 EDD 10/3/17

zacharysmum

#179 Post by zacharysmum » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:25 pm

Hi!

Jasper I do remember you. I totally get the urge for a sibling. I was the same after my first. I had miscarriage and went a bit depressed. It’s a lot easier if you have Frosties to use but the financial side of it all make it all the more harder. What are your reasons for Ivf? Mine were blocked tubes so we didn’t have an egg and sperm issue. I guess it depends on what your chances of success are if you keep trying? I would love one more but I’m leaning to maybe not due to lots of reasons. 39 in October so it’s highly likely it might take a few transfers before success. I only got 5 eggs age 37 so more than likely I would get even less 2 years on. No Frosties to use so financial side of things I’m looking at £10,000. Am I being selfish wanting another when I have a family already. I always wanted a large family as I don’t have much family. We always said 3 or 4. Then there’s a chance of chromosome issues now I’m older already lost one baby due to this 2 years ago. Then there is the hubby to convince that’s my biggest hurdle.

Anyway I’ve just ranted off about myself. In answer or your question I guess if u can keep trying do so unless finance runs out or you accept life as it is. You only get one life so go for it if that’s what you want. I had my heart set on a third and by god did I go all out to get him. I read the book starts with an egg and followed it to a tee. Acupuncture supplements diet etc. Worked.

Here to chat more if u want xxx
Me-38 oh-38

Ivf 1 2013 6 blasts
Fet 1 DS born May 2014 💙
Fet 2 Dec 2014 msc
Fet 3 DD born March 2016💗
Natural DS may 2017 👼💙
IVF 2 msc
Fet 4 DS Jan 2019 🌈💙