Autumn 2019 Babies

Discussion Forum for those with assisted reproduction pregnancies and children.

Moderator: Administrator

veronimo

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#101 Post by veronimo » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:13 pm

Oh wow Jo that sounds crazy, i hope you get it sorted before the arrival of the little one.
I’m having my scan on Saturday, it’s all so confusing, when i first saw the consultant she was baffled why i was there. She said if i’m healthy, no medical problems and not taking any medication then i don’t need to be seen by her. Then she send me a letter saying she did some research and she will request growth scanS for me. Two months later still no appointment, so i’ve asked my midwife and she looked on the system only to find out that the scan department has rejected the request with the reason “We don’t scan IVF pregnancies” so it needs to be a medical reason for them to do it. Then i found out that 3 weeks ago my belly measured above (but i was told it was all as it should be against the chart) Today was bang on and my midwife requested a growth scan for me so they can check what is going on. They rang within few hour to book me in for Saturday. Also the midwife explained to me the reason i was send to consultant - it is because being IVF they don’t want me to go over and it’s down to the consultant to decide when it’s going to happen as midwifes can’t. I just don’t know what to say about this system as they obviously don’t communicate with each other :roll:

Jo1984

#102 Post by Jo1984 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:29 am

I had this with my first; in many areas they say because you’re IVF you’re ‘high risk’. Total codswallop - our problems tend to be getting pregnant, although I suppose there may be a link that if you have one fertility issue then you may have another? Anyway, I had to argue like a banshee to be taken off an automatic induction at 40 weeks and be allowed a water birth as they kept saying I was high risk. Eventually they relented!

This time I was sent to the hospital again and they said to me ‘do you know why you’re here?’ And I said ‘I’m assuming it’s this IVF high risk thing again. The guy said ‘yeah must be it, it doesn’t say in your notes’. So I was like ‘ok can we just proceed as last time please’. Then he goes to check with someone more senior and she comes in and says ‘it’s nothing to do with your IVF this time, it’s because you had bad tearing last delivery’! So anyway they asked me what I wanted to do and I wasn’t like ‘natural water birth minimum intervention please like last time’ and she said that was fine as long as I have a senior midwife to protect me! No induction and no C-section (which apparently a lot of people have after a bad tear?). I ran out of there before she changed her mind 😂.
ICSI cycle started 25/12/16
ET 02/02/17 - BFP! DS born 21/10/17 :D
FET 06/02/19 - BFP!

MrsF1988

#103 Post by MrsF1988 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:00 pm

I’m 36 weeks now, not long to go. My weight was really good up until about 30 weeks, I think it was just a stone. In the last weeks I’ve put on another 5-6 pounds, so around 1.5 stone overall which apparently is quite good!!

I’m just ready to be finished now. I also had to see a consultant due to IVF but she saw me for less than ten minutes and said I was not high risk, sent me on my way and that is that. It’s good as it means I can use the midwife led birth centre rather than delivery ward, which is my preference!

My midwife has said they would want to induce me at 40 weeks but I’ve flatly refused - not least because the NHS due date is five days earlier than my Care one which is based on actual date of conception not estimated last period. Told them I won’t even consider it until I’m 41 weeks!
3 x gorgeous stepkids courtesy of Mr F
December 2018 - first attempt IVF/ICSI - 6 eggs, 5 fertilised, 5 blasts, 1 onboard, 1 in the freezer... BFP 😊

ML18

#104 Post by ML18 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:47 pm

Hi ladies, hope that you are all doing well. I'm 36 weeks now, can't believe that I'm at this stage when this time last year we were just starting to think about booking our first appointment with Care...
What is everyone's due date? I'm due on 1st Oct, which is only a day out from the date Care gave me...
Is everyone ready for their little arrivals? Still haven't packed my hospital bag but am hoping to work until 39 weeks so hopefully I'll have time yet.

Jo1984

#105 Post by Jo1984 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:06 am

I’m surprised both of you have had your due dates adjusted - at my hospital they won’t adjust them for IVF pregnancies because we know that actual timings!

Mrs F - try and hold out on the induction. I accepted a sweep with my son but was really against anything else, not least because it means you can’t use the pool!

ML18 - I worked to 39 weeks with my son (stopping at 36 this time I’m much more tired) and it was good to have something to do! The last week then dragged 🤣. I don’t really remember when I did my hospital bag, I don’t remember it taking very long though, few clothes, toiletries, big straws and a spare phone charger was about it? Due the 25th Oct :) got a VERY wriggly baby here!
FET 06/02/19 - BFP!

MrsF1988

#106 Post by MrsF1988 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:57 pm

At 37 weeks I’m just about finishing work. Honestly no way could I go to 39 weeks - I’m so tired and my joints are so sore. I will be fine with them coming at ANY time now, I can’t bear the thought of another month and another two weeks at work would just be beyond me!!!

My midwife says we are really engaged so feel free to eat spicy food and bounce on the yoga ball as much as I like!

I’m definitely holding out against induction. My original CARE date was 2 October, at the 6 week scan it read 4 October and the NHS dating scan has me at 30 September. I gave up in the end and just went with the NHS one because they kept ignoring my corrections of 2 October!
December 2018 - first attempt IVF/ICSI - 6 eggs, 5 fertilised, 5 blasts, 1 onboard, 1 in the freezer... BFP 😊

ML18

#107 Post by ML18 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:26 am

I did tell them that it was an IVF pregnancy but the due dates are close enough together I guess.
My bags are all packed now so I'm ready for the little one to arrive. Starting to get a bit tired but I finish work in less than 2 weeks so hoping she won't arrive before then.
My midwife said I was 2/5 engaged but I think she has dropped a bit further, will see what she says on Wed at my 38 week appointment.
I was told that they'll let me go up to 12 days over my due date before induction but as soon as I finish work I'll be jumping about as I definitely don't want to be overdue, feeling heavy enough as it is lol!
Hope you are both still well MrsF & Jo

Jo1984

#108 Post by Jo1984 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:33 pm

So funny how they’re all different! I’m still 6 weeks to go and feel so done: also scared to have the newborn thing though so I’m thinking maybe try and enjoy the ‘break’?! when I go on maternity leave. Not even thought about packing a bag yet... I can see myself lobbing things in at the last minute 🤣. Hoping I can avoid seeing the midwife too many more times, not had the best experience with her and the visits make me very anxious 😟. I even walked out of one appointment. Going late will mean more appointments so hoping to avoid that!
FET 06/02/19 - BFP!

MrsF1988

#109 Post by MrsF1988 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:24 pm

Oh no, that’s not good about the midwife Jo. What is she doing that makes you so anxious?

I think mine has been quite average. She’s nice, clearly quite busy, sometimes very response if I’ve needed to contact her but on some occasions not at all. I like the appointments as I feel it’s progress!

I’ve had some weird symptoms come on in the last week so looking forward to seeing her on Thursday. Had my first ever nosebleed and my finger joints are all really stiff and sore - they keep getting stuck in the bent position and I have to straighten them. Seeing more swelling in my feet and hands as well now.

First day of maternity leave today and it was very boring!