Autumn 2019 Babies

Discussion Forum for those with assisted reproduction pregnancies and children.

Moderator: Administrator

veronimo

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#101 Post by veronimo » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:13 pm

Oh wow Jo that sounds crazy, i hope you get it sorted before the arrival of the little one.
I’m having my scan on Saturday, it’s all so confusing, when i first saw the consultant she was baffled why i was there. She said if i’m healthy, no medical problems and not taking any medication then i don’t need to be seen by her. Then she send me a letter saying she did some research and she will request growth scanS for me. Two months later still no appointment, so i’ve asked my midwife and she looked on the system only to find out that the scan department has rejected the request with the reason “We don’t scan IVF pregnancies” so it needs to be a medical reason for them to do it. Then i found out that 3 weeks ago my belly measured above (but i was told it was all as it should be against the chart) Today was bang on and my midwife requested a growth scan for me so they can check what is going on. They rang within few hour to book me in for Saturday. Also the midwife explained to me the reason i was send to consultant - it is because being IVF they don’t want me to go over and it’s down to the consultant to decide when it’s going to happen as midwifes can’t. I just don’t know what to say about this system as they obviously don’t communicate with each other :roll:

Jo1984

#102 Post by Jo1984 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:29 am

I had this with my first; in many areas they say because you’re IVF you’re ‘high risk’. Total codswallop - our problems tend to be getting pregnant, although I suppose there may be a link that if you have one fertility issue then you may have another? Anyway, I had to argue like a banshee to be taken off an automatic induction at 40 weeks and be allowed a water birth as they kept saying I was high risk. Eventually they relented!

This time I was sent to the hospital again and they said to me ‘do you know why you’re here?’ And I said ‘I’m assuming it’s this IVF high risk thing again. The guy said ‘yeah must be it, it doesn’t say in your notes’. So I was like ‘ok can we just proceed as last time please’. Then he goes to check with someone more senior and she comes in and says ‘it’s nothing to do with your IVF this time, it’s because you had bad tearing last delivery’! So anyway they asked me what I wanted to do and I wasn’t like ‘natural water birth minimum intervention please like last time’ and she said that was fine as long as I have a senior midwife to protect me! No induction and no C-section (which apparently a lot of people have after a bad tear?). I ran out of there before she changed her mind 😂.
ICSI cycle started 25/12/16
ET 02/02/17 - BFP! DS born 21/10/17 :D
FET 06/02/19 - BFP! DD born 06/11/19 :D

MrsF1988

#103 Post by MrsF1988 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:00 pm

I’m 36 weeks now, not long to go. My weight was really good up until about 30 weeks, I think it was just a stone. In the last weeks I’ve put on another 5-6 pounds, so around 1.5 stone overall which apparently is quite good!!

I’m just ready to be finished now. I also had to see a consultant due to IVF but she saw me for less than ten minutes and said I was not high risk, sent me on my way and that is that. It’s good as it means I can use the midwife led birth centre rather than delivery ward, which is my preference!

My midwife has said they would want to induce me at 40 weeks but I’ve flatly refused - not least because the NHS due date is five days earlier than my Care one which is based on actual date of conception not estimated last period. Told them I won’t even consider it until I’m 41 weeks!
3 x gorgeous stepkids courtesy of Mr F
December 2018 - first attempt IVF/ICSI - 6 eggs, 5 fertilised, 5 blasts, 1 onboard, 1 in the freezer... BFP 😊
Baby Ivy born October 2019 💜 7lb exactly, healthy and beautiful 💕

ML18

#104 Post by ML18 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:47 pm

Hi ladies, hope that you are all doing well. I'm 36 weeks now, can't believe that I'm at this stage when this time last year we were just starting to think about booking our first appointment with Care...
What is everyone's due date? I'm due on 1st Oct, which is only a day out from the date Care gave me...
Is everyone ready for their little arrivals? Still haven't packed my hospital bag but am hoping to work until 39 weeks so hopefully I'll have time yet.

Jo1984

#105 Post by Jo1984 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:06 am

I’m surprised both of you have had your due dates adjusted - at my hospital they won’t adjust them for IVF pregnancies because we know that actual timings!

Mrs F - try and hold out on the induction. I accepted a sweep with my son but was really against anything else, not least because it means you can’t use the pool!

ML18 - I worked to 39 weeks with my son (stopping at 36 this time I’m much more tired) and it was good to have something to do! The last week then dragged 🤣. I don’t really remember when I did my hospital bag, I don’t remember it taking very long though, few clothes, toiletries, big straws and a spare phone charger was about it? Due the 25th Oct :) got a VERY wriggly baby here!

MrsF1988

#106 Post by MrsF1988 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:57 pm

At 37 weeks I’m just about finishing work. Honestly no way could I go to 39 weeks - I’m so tired and my joints are so sore. I will be fine with them coming at ANY time now, I can’t bear the thought of another month and another two weeks at work would just be beyond me!!!

My midwife says we are really engaged so feel free to eat spicy food and bounce on the yoga ball as much as I like!

I’m definitely holding out against induction. My original CARE date was 2 October, at the 6 week scan it read 4 October and the NHS dating scan has me at 30 September. I gave up in the end and just went with the NHS one because they kept ignoring my corrections of 2 October!
December 2018 - first attempt IVF/ICSI - 6 eggs, 5 fertilised, 5 blasts, 1 onboard, 1 in the freezer... BFP 😊

ML18

#107 Post by ML18 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:26 am

I did tell them that it was an IVF pregnancy but the due dates are close enough together I guess.
My bags are all packed now so I'm ready for the little one to arrive. Starting to get a bit tired but I finish work in less than 2 weeks so hoping she won't arrive before then.
My midwife said I was 2/5 engaged but I think she has dropped a bit further, will see what she says on Wed at my 38 week appointment.
I was told that they'll let me go up to 12 days over my due date before induction but as soon as I finish work I'll be jumping about as I definitely don't want to be overdue, feeling heavy enough as it is lol!
Hope you are both still well MrsF & Jo

Jo1984

#108 Post by Jo1984 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:33 pm

So funny how they’re all different! I’m still 6 weeks to go and feel so done: also scared to have the newborn thing though so I’m thinking maybe try and enjoy the ‘break’?! when I go on maternity leave. Not even thought about packing a bag yet... I can see myself lobbing things in at the last minute 🤣. Hoping I can avoid seeing the midwife too many more times, not had the best experience with her and the visits make me very anxious 😟. I even walked out of one appointment. Going late will mean more appointments so hoping to avoid that!

MrsF1988

#109 Post by MrsF1988 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:24 pm

Oh no, that’s not good about the midwife Jo. What is she doing that makes you so anxious?

I think mine has been quite average. She’s nice, clearly quite busy, sometimes very response if I’ve needed to contact her but on some occasions not at all. I like the appointments as I feel it’s progress!

I’ve had some weird symptoms come on in the last week so looking forward to seeing her on Thursday. Had my first ever nosebleed and my finger joints are all really stiff and sore - they keep getting stuck in the bent position and I have to straighten them. Seeing more swelling in my feet and hands as well now.

First day of maternity leave today and it was very boring!

MrsF1988

#110 Post by MrsF1988 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:22 pm

Just an update from me.

Baby girl Ivy was born on Tuesday 1st October at 8:12pm, weighing 7 pounds exactly after a 22 hour labour (14 hours established). By my Care EDD she was 39+6 weeks.

It was the most traumatic and horrific experience with 2.5 hours of pushing at the end but we got there on gas and air, no interventions and one small first degree tear so no stitches. She was worth every agonising second, the moment she was born is something I will never ever forget.

Good luck everyone, I hope your Care journeys end with the most amazing little being as mine have. I miss her being in my tummy now, I almost wish i could put her back in!

Jo1984

#111 Post by Jo1984 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:39 pm

MrsF1988 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:22 pm
Just an update from me.

Baby girl Ivy was born on Tuesday 1st October at 8:12pm, weighing 7 pounds exactly after a 22 hour labour (14 hours established). By my Care EDD she was 39+6 weeks.

It was the most traumatic and horrific experience with 2.5 hours of pushing at the end but we got there on gas and air, no interventions and one small first degree tear so no stitches. She was worth every agonising second, the moment she was born is something I will never ever forget.

Good luck everyone, I hope your Care journeys end with the most amazing little being as mine have. I miss her being in my tummy now, I almost wish i could put her back in!
Oh CONGRATS!!!! Beautiful name!!! Well done for enduring such a long labour and not tearing badly! You must have had a superb midwife as well! Have so much fun - it gets better every day ❤️

veronimo

#112 Post by veronimo » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:52 am

Congrats MrsF, how lovely 😊 💝

Joe how are you, is your little one here? I’m 38w + 3d today and still waiting to meet my boy. Booked for stretch & sweep on Friday, then again on my due date (31.10) and if he doesn’t appear i’ll be induced on 02.11 :(
I’m trying to get things going - drinking RRLT, eating 6 dates a day, using birthing ball, s*x... Will see.
Good luck Joe 🤞

Newbie88

#113 Post by Newbie88 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:15 am

Hi ladies,

Congrats mrs F.
Hope everyone else is doing well xx
Last edited by Newbie88 on Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ML18

#114 Post by ML18 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:58 pm

Congrats everyone, hope everyone is doing well! I had baby Esme on 30th Sept weighing 6lb 12oz, she was due on 1st Oct.. She arrived by emergency C-section after I never progressed further than 5-6cms after 2.5 days of contractions as she wasn't quite in the right position to be delivered naturally! So my plan to have a water birth and as little drugs as possible all went out the window but she arrived safely and that's all that matters.
How is everyone coping with the lack of sleep? My baby just wants to be held all night & cries if you try to put her down. It's an achievement if I get 3hrs sleep a night & I can't remember the last time I slept for more than 2hrs in my bed, I spend most of my time on the sofa. It's been very overwhelming & emotional for me since she arrived, I knew it'd be hard but the lack of sleep is sooo hard x

MrsF1988

#115 Post by MrsF1988 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:22 pm

Oh it’s lovely to hear from you all. All girls so far!

ML how funny, we have been almost exactly the same dates the whole way along. Ivy was due on the 2nd and born a day early on the 1st.

I think we’ve been really lucky so far as she’s quite a good sleeper at night! We give her a big feed at 11.30pm and she’ll sleep until 3, then starts grunting and moaning so I’ll wake her to feed again and then she sleeps through again until 6.30/7am.

A “bad” night for her is if she’s up more than twice or if it takes longer than half hour to settle her. She sleeps quite well in the day as well, usually 2 - 3 hour naps at a time. The only time she won’t sleep and gets cranky is evening time, she just won’t settle between 6 and 9.

The problem we are having is constipation! She’ll only poo once every three days and she grunts and strains all the rest of the time. She also doesn’t particularly like sleeping on her back and would rather get on her side if she can. We had a week of what we thought was colic but started giving her infacol and it seems to have settled back down.

It is exhausting, the constant routine of change, feed, burp, sleep, repeat etc. So time consuming! But sounds as though I’ve not got a bad deal from a sleep perspective!

ML18

#116 Post by ML18 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:38 pm

Hi MrsF, glad to hear that Ivy is being good for you.
My CARE due date was 2nd Oct but when I had my scans they changed it to 1st Oct. I can remember that we had embryo transfer on exactly same day, amazing that our girls came almost on same day as well!
Not much change on the sleep front for me though I have managed to get a few 1.5hr sleeps in between feeding and settling her so hopefully we are starting to see a tiny improvement.
No issues on the poo front for us, in fact I'd say she's a pooping machine, the number of nappies we are going through is insane!
Hope everyone else is doing ok x

Jo1984

#117 Post by Jo1984 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:32 am

Hi both!

Sorry for slow reply - another girl here Baby Rosie. 8lb 6oz and 12 days overdue! We’re adapting ok to being a family of 4, but I’m tired. Both kids have nasty colds so although she’s feeding and putting on weight it is a constant on off feeding as she can’t breathe well out her nose :/

Big brother loves her though so that’s wonderful ❤️.

How are you both?

Jo xx

ML18

#118 Post by ML18 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:15 pm

Congratulations Jo, hope Rosie is all better now after her cold.

Hope that all of you and your little ones are all doing well and that you're getting plenty of sleep! Anyone started getting prepared for Christmas? I am hoping to start this week!
Have an amazing first Christmas with your babies, for me it will be a Christmas that I never thought I'd ever have and feel so lucky that this year I'll be celebrating Christmas as a mummy.xx

Jo1984

#119 Post by Jo1984 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:45 am

ML18 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:15 pm
Congratulations Jo, hope Rosie is all better now after her cold.

Hope that all of you and your little ones are all doing well and that you're getting plenty of sleep! Anyone started getting prepared for Christmas? I am hoping to start this week!
Have an amazing first Christmas with your babies, for me it will be a Christmas that I never thought I'd ever have and feel so lucky that this year I'll be celebrating Christmas as a mummy.xx
Hey! She still has a cold but I suspect that’s going to be par for the course with her brother bringing home bugs from nursery 🤣. She’s ok with it and it hasn’t gone to her chest which is the important thing.

I’ve done most of the present shopping and the tree is up. My son has eaten nearly the entire chocolate advent calendar already 🤦🏼‍♀️. Need to do some craft bits but not sure when!!

Ah it’s the best! Kids make you enjoy and appreciate Christmas even more. Maybe it’s because Of hormones but I get all happy tearful now!!! Hoping for any nice presents? I’m hoping for some sleep mostly. My kids tag team so when baby is asleep the toddler wakes. He’s just now gone back down after asking for his ‘red bus’ that was in the bed and now baby is up feeding again 🤣🤣

ML18

#120 Post by ML18 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:22 pm

For Christmas, I'd love to have Esme sleep without having to be held and also in her own crib and not my bed lol! Sleep-wise I don't do too badly, I get about 4.5hrs which doesn't sound much but it's loads better than the 2hrs I was getting initially, hopefully as she gets older, I'll get more sleep.
I can't imagine having to cope with more than 1 kid, I barely function as it is, I hope they grow out of the tag team sleep soon for you and that you're able to get more rest.
We haven't got the tree or decorations up yet, I've bought most of my presents and have an idea of what else I need to get. It's mainly been online shopping, am still finding it hard to get out of the house and go shopping with a baby.
Also not sure if it's normal with being a first time mum but I've felt quite lonely when the other half is at work as I don't know anyone else local to me who's got a baby. There were no antenatal classes on in my area so I wasn't able to meet any mums and I haven't been brave enough to go to any mother & baby groups. Not sure if anyone has got any advice or tips on this subject?x

Jo1984

#121 Post by Jo1984 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:32 pm

ML18 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:22 pm
For Christmas, I'd love to have Esme sleep without having to be held and also in her own crib and not my bed lol! Sleep-wise I don't do too badly, I get about 4.5hrs which doesn't sound much but it's loads better than the 2hrs I was getting initially, hopefully as she gets older, I'll get more sleep.
I can't imagine having to cope with more than 1 kid, I barely function as it is, I hope they grow out of the tag team sleep soon for you and that you're able to get more rest.
We haven't got the tree or decorations up yet, I've bought most of my presents and have an idea of what else I need to get. It's mainly been online shopping, am still finding it hard to get out of the house and go shopping with a baby.
Also not sure if it's normal with being a first time mum but I've felt quite lonely when the other half is at work as I don't know anyone else local to me who's got a baby. There were no antenatal classes on in my area so I wasn't able to meet any mums and I haven't been brave enough to go to any mother & baby groups. Not sure if anyone has got any advice or tips on this subject?x
So my advice would be JUST GO. The worst that can happen is the bandy has a poohnami, you’re out of nappies and wipes and it’s raining and you forgot the rain over. All this has happened to me. Today I stumbled and my son fell into a puddle on the way to nursery as a consequence, the baby wouldn’t sleep at all So I ended up walking round town for hours trying to get her to sleep (milk isn’t getting her down at all!) and then she did a projectile poo into my face 🤦🏼‍♀️. If you try going out and this stuff happens the first time it is REALLY HARD and stressful and upsetting. But after a while you realise it is ok! I think if you can find a mum and baby group just go. And if you don’t find ‘your people’ there, try another. I’m finding this mat leave harder because I didn’t do the antenatal class so I haven’t got the ‘ready made group’. I’ve signed up for a class I enjoyed last time after Christmas, and I’m trying to get for a walk every day. It is isolating though and combined with hormones and so on that’s a nightmare. You’re doing great - just try a gentle start maybe 15/20 min walk or a trip to the shop and back. Keep it simple :)

ML18

#122 Post by ML18 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:36 am

Thanks Jo, the Health Visitor wrote down some Sure Start days and times for me so will have a look at them and try to see what mother and baby groups there are locally as well.
Ah I hope your little boy was ok after falling into a puddle, I think after what you described I would have been in tears! OMG I am dreading the projectile poo which I'm sure will happen at some point, have managed to avoid it so far although I have had plenty of horrific nappy changes where I've had to completely strip her as she's been a complete pooey mess!
My first time out on my own was really daunting but I'm getting more used to it. I guess it's just adapting to a different shopping experience with.x

Jo1984

#123 Post by Jo1984 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:02 pm

ML18 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:36 am
Thanks Jo, the Health Visitor wrote down some Sure Start days and times for me so will have a look at them and try to see what mother and baby groups there are locally as well.
Ah I hope your little boy was ok after falling into a puddle, I think after what you described I would have been in tears! OMG I am dreading the projectile poo which I'm sure will happen at some point, have managed to avoid it so far although I have had plenty of horrific nappy changes where I've had to completely strip her as she's been a complete pooey mess!
My first time out on my own was really daunting but I'm getting more used to it. I guess it's just adapting to a different shopping experience with.x
Where are you based? PM if you prefer!

ML18

#124 Post by ML18 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:11 pm

I live just outside of Nottingham, i used the clinic at Nottingham which wasn't too far away.x