Access Fertility plans

For those trying for baby number 2+

Moderator: Administrator

TALbear

Access Fertility plans

#1 Post by TALbear » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:05 am

Hi all,

Im about to start my next cycle and have to decide quick on the plan to go on to with Access to lock in 2019 prices. The new prices increase by at least £400.

Does anyone have experience with Access? What are your experiences?

I’m torn between 2 multi cycle (no refund) or 2 cycle 50% refund. Price is £1,400 difference.

Also after applying for a 26month interest free credit card, I’ve just found out that they only accept bank transfer. Who has this money sitting around?!!!! Their reasoning is that they don’t want to pass the card charges on to their customers. :shock:

Also tips and telephone numbers to get Best price ivf drugs would be much appreciated. I’ve done the usual, Asda and Boots. Stork cannot quote as they work with Care.

Love to hear from you all

Thanks

donnielime

Re: Access Fertility plans

#2 Post by donnielime » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:50 pm

Hello TALbear,

I used Access and got a 2 cycle non refund package. As I was 39 when i took it out that was a huge difference between the non-refund and refund package. To be honest I found it took the stress away because I didn't have to worry about paying lots of separate invoices, apart from the drugs and the donor, you just have your appointments and Access and Care deal with the rest amongst themselves. Apart from the initial conversation with Access, once I had paid I haven't heard anything else from them.

If you can't use a credit card, try a loan from Zopa - its a peer-to-peer lending scheme that have quite good interest rates and you can overpay at no extra charge meaning you end up paying less interest. I have used them a few times for different things, they are quick and provide a good service.

Finally, I got most of my prescription from Fertility2U but they can only quote if you can send a scanned copy of your prescription but they do work with Care customers.

Good luck, let me know if you have any more questions.
me : single lady 40 - donor sperm
1st cycle - ICSI - Sept/Oct 2019 4 eggs, 2 fertilised, 2 3day embryos transferred = BFP <3
Due date 17/07/20

TALbear

#3 Post by TALbear » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:57 pm

Hi Donnielime,

Thanks for your reply, I note from your history that you got your BFP! Congrats!

Access has just responded to me and said for the 2 cycle plan which I am considering to go on, there is no time limit, which is a plus.
After my first cycle my period is now so hard to predict. I’m expecting it at the end of the year, and I’ve booked in my pre-scan. They have a teach set for me 14 jan but I will be due to start 18 jan. how quickly did fertility2u get you the drugs?

My first round I used suprecur, menopur and gonasi. I know a few friends also doing ivf, but the drugs they used are so different.

Asda have told me I need to give them 2-3 working days, which means if I am to go with them, I need to drop off the private prescription straight away.

There’s so much to think about, and now financing on top of that! I will look into Zopla, thanks for the suggestion.

Kr TALbear

donnielime

#4 Post by donnielime » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:35 am

Morning

Yes I am currently 10 weeks +1, still can't believe it really.

Fertility2U can get the drugs to you quickly but its a bit of a faff before hand. So they can only give you a quote if you send them a copy of your prescription, if you are happy with the quote you send the actual prescription to them and then they will invoice you, from that point you can get next day delivery if you need it.

The prices I got compared to Stork via Care (Nottingham) were:

Suprecur/ Buserelin - same price of £23.50
Menopur 600i £144.14 (Stork £180)
Menopur 1200i £288.29 (Stork £360)

The Gonai 5000Iu would have been £23.95 (compared to £30.59 from Stork) but the clinic like to provide that themselves when you have been for your last scan and they know how much you need. I (like most people I think) needed 10,000iu.

They charge a one-off script charge of £20 (Care Nottingham didn't charge me for providing me with a signed prescription but I think I have read that some clinics do charge people). Plus you have the delivery charge - which is more if it needs to be refrigerated ie Menopur.

Why don't you see if you can get a copy of the prescription now? If your protocol has been written then they should be happy to do that - you can only ask?

There is so much to think about!
1st cycle - ICSI - Sept/Oct 2019 4 eggs, 2 fertilised, 2 3day embryos transferred = BFP <3
Due date 17/07/20

HayleyM1982

#5 Post by HayleyM1982 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:59 pm

Hi Ladies

I have some drugs left over from my cancelled cycle if anyone wants them for free? I have 3 x boxes of cyclogest 400mg (15 in each box) and 2 x Gondai injection 5000iu

Hope all your cycles go well.

Merry Christmas 🎄 Xxx
36 - low amh
Cycle 1 July 2019- 5 eggs, 4 fertilised, 1x 5 day transfer m, no frostie - BFN
Cycle 2 - Oct 2019 - poor response on max drugs, only 1 egg big enough, cycle cancelled
Cycle 3 - long protocol due 28th dec - BFP naturally 07/12/19 ♥️

TALbear

#6 Post by TALbear » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:59 pm

Hi Hayleym1982,

Thanks for your offer and congrats on your pregnancy too!
Is that Gonasi 5000iu you were prescribed?

Hi Donnielime,

I think the drugs I’m on must be much stronger than yours.

Asda have told me Suprecur is £16.52 per vial. Menopur I need 36 in total, each one was £18.02. Gonasi 5000iu is £118.02 per injection.

I’ve been told by Care that my last prescan was a year ago, so they want another one before I start the next cycle. This makes it all so tight as my period is due over Xmas, and they don’t open until 3rd Jan. so I’m booked in for 3 jan for pre scan, then 14th for teach and protocol (they will give me prescription then) and finally my day 21 should be 17th which is when I need to start injecting.

Everything seem so rushed! I was initially told by a nurse at care that it’s my decision if I wanted another prescan, however the donations team were adamant, this meant I had to delay again another month and hitting the new price hikes! Yay! As if this isn’t expensive enough as it is!

donnielime

#7 Post by donnielime » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:28 am

TALbear wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:59 pm
Hi Hayleym1982,

Thanks for your offer and congrats on your pregnancy too!
Is that Gonasi 5000iu you were prescribed?

Hi Donnielime,

I think the drugs I’m on must be much stronger than yours.

Asda have told me Suprecur is £16.52 per vial. Menopur I need 36 in total, each one was £18.02. Gonasi 5000iu is £118.02 per injection.

I’ve been told by Care that my last prescan was a year ago, so they want another one before I start the next cycle. This makes it all so tight as my period is due over Xmas, and they don’t open until 3rd Jan. so I’m booked in for 3 jan for pre scan, then 14th for teach and protocol (they will give me prescription then) and finally my day 21 should be 17th which is when I need to start injecting.

Everything seem so rushed! I was initially told by a nurse at care that it’s my decision if I wanted another prescan, however the donations team were adamant, this meant I had to delay again another month and hitting the new price hikes! Yay! As if this isn’t expensive enough as it is!

Hi Talbear,

The suprecur is a good price from Asda. I would double check the Menopur - I might be wrong but I thought they came in doses of 600 and 1200. I injected 375 a day, which is quite a high dose (I believe) due to my age and lack of follicles. It seems strange that you need 36 vials - what volume/ dose are they? That price for Gonasi is really expensive. I got my from Care in the end and it cost me £73.42 for 10,000iu - i believe the clinics bulk buy so can get it at such a good price. 10,000iu is the dose so its exactly the same as what you have been costed by Asda but Asda are so much more expensive for it.

Donnie
Due date 17/07/20

HayleyM1982

#8 Post by HayleyM1982 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:57 pm

Hi Talbear

Thank you, was a really lovely surprise 😊 Yes that was what I was prescribed, my protocol was 10,000 so I have two of them, I’d quite happily post them to you if you would like them? IL

If you do want them let me know and bob my number on here for you

Hope you have a lovely Xmas xxx
36 - low amh
Cycle 1 July 2019- 5 eggs, 4 fertilised, 1x 5 day transfer m, no frostie - BFN
Cycle 2 - Oct 2019 - poor response on max drugs, only 1 egg big enough, cycle cancelled
Cycle 3 - long protocol due 28th dec - BFP naturally 07/12/19 ♥️

icsi2020SK

#9 Post by icsi2020SK » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:01 pm

HayleyM1982 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:57 pm
Hi Talbear

Thank you, was a really lovely surprise 😊 Yes that was what I was prescribed, my protocol was 10,000 so I have two of them, I’d quite happily post them to you if you would like them? IL

If you do want them let me know and bob my number on here for you

Hope you have a lovely Xmas xxx
Hello, do you still have the Gonasi?xx