Assessment scan before fet

For those trying for baby number 2+

Moderator: Administrator

Cadbury

Assessment scan before fet

#1 Post by Cadbury » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:16 pm

Hi,

Has any one had to have an assessment scan before a fet because of a previous c section? I’m not with care but I used this forum when we got our beautiful baby boy.
I’m ready to go again next month. I only have one frozen embryo to use! So I’m extra nervous but feeling positive for now!

There are obviously scans throughout the treatment but we are being recommended to have an assessment scan for £175 & I’m not sure that it’s necessarily. Especially because I myself haven’t had any fertility issues it has been on my husband’s side.
Thank you for your help x

Mell324

Re: Assessment scan before fet

#2 Post by Mell324 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:35 pm

Oh my gosh I could of written this!

We booked our appointment with care today and I too was told I will need an assessment scan after section, I also asked why and basically they just want to check the position and condition of the scar so they can be sure they’re not going to have access problems etc and to check everything is still healthy and ready!

When’s your scan?
1st IVF Cycle April 2017
SE4dt BFP!!
Health baby boy born 31.12.17
Querying second cylcle using one remaining frostie currently called “arctic twin”

Cadbury

Re: Assessment scan before fet

#3 Post by Cadbury » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi Mell324,

Sorry I’ve only just seen your reply. I did my research & decided not to have the scan unless the consultant recommended it, because the recommendation came from the nurses. Then I never heard back from them.

I chose to have the scratch done though even though they are not recommended anymore, lol, but it worked last time so I want to follow the same steps.

I will be starting the fet treatment in a couple of weeks. When do you start? How many embryos do you have? Only having one is so scary. It’s so difficult wanting something so badly & not knowing how long the journey will take.......