June/July Cycle Buddies

Are you with me?

Moderator: Administrator

rachdesign1

Re: June/July Cycle Buddies

#351 Post by rachdesign1 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:07 pm

Jemma melissa wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:06 pm
Rachdesign and fideeks, so sorry to hear this. I know how you feel, with it happening to me 2 weeks ago, its heart-breaking.

Rachdesign they told me to continue with the meds for a further 2 days and test again as my period hadn't arrived. I did this, but no change unfortunately it was still a negative :(

Did they book in a review for you?

Thinking of you xx
It is so hard isn’t it. I think I would rather it would have just been done today. I had started to get my head round it. How are you doing now?

They booked me in for a review in 2 weeks.
Xx

Tashtash

#352 Post by Tashtash » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:37 pm

Rach and Jemma what meds are you or did you have to stay on? After my trigger shot I have only been on Utrogestan pessaries. Everyones protocols different I was panicking incase I had done something wrong lol.

Thanks for the well wishes x

Purple286

#353 Post by Purple286 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:48 pm

I am so sorry Rach and Fideeks. After all the injections so sad to hear but we definitely get used to the highs and lows going through this process. Sending you both hugs and take time to feel sad before focus on whatever the next stage is for you.

Yay Tashtash, that's great news and hope the transfer goes well and they can freeze those other 2 just in case. All you can do is relax and then distract yourself for the 2ww!

That's good Claireabell and at least you'll know when the collection should be when they call. My other half is feeling anxious about when he has to do his bit so helpful to know how many days in advance you find out.

Welcome Kensington and Mettie 👋

rachdesign1

#354 Post by rachdesign1 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:54 pm

Tashtash wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:37 pm
Rach and Jemma what meds are you or did you have to stay on? After my trigger shot I have only been on Utrogestan pessaries. Everyones protocols different I was panicking incase I had done something wrong lol.

I’m on prognova estradiol tablets and cyclogest pessaries x

Tashtash

#355 Post by Tashtash » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:14 pm

rachdesign1 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:54 pm
Tashtash wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:37 pm

I’m on prognova estradiol tablets and cyclogest pessaries x
Ahhh ok panic over lol re checked my protocol and I’m only on Utrogestan.

Hopeful10

#356 Post by Hopeful10 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:52 pm

2nd stims scan today showed 18 follicles mostly 11-14mm with one bigger at 17mm. Keeping on same meds and next scan Wednesday. Pretty tired, some stomach and back pains, a few headaches and a bit nauseous at times but doing ok. Egg collection may be Friday but we’ll have to see.

Tishtash – Hope your transfer went well today. Hoping your extra two are good to freeze. We told close family that we would be having IVF but didn’t tell them about when we would be starting or what we would be doing when. I was concerned about managing our emotions, let alone anyone elses! Perhaps try to just do what feels right and most helpful for you.

Rachdesign1 – Sorry to hear your news today. I was also told to stick on the medication a few days extra after my last cycle. I hope it works out for you. I understand it being confusing when you’re starting to get your head around a BFN. Be kind to yourself over the next couple of days. Good that you have got a review booked in.

Claireabell – Egg collection coming soon for you. We might be the same day. Let’s hope your extra follicles ripen up x

Welcome Mettie and Kesington. Really sorry to hear of both of your miscarriages. Something similar happened to me following our first transfer. Must be more common than you’d expect. It completely sucks. Wishing you better luck next time x

Fideeks – Sorry to hear about your BFN today. Take some time and be sure to take good care of yourself. I might see you around as we’ll need to do a FET if we get any suitable embryos.

Thegirlwho – I relate to you feeling apprehensive this time round. Completely understandable after your previous experience. I don’t feel excited at all but am trying to maintain hope that this can work. It’s good that there were some things they could work on to help. My fingers are crossed that this is more positive for you x

JemmaMelissa – Good luck for your review tomorrow x

Claireabell

#357 Post by Claireabell » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:03 pm

Purple286 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:48 pm
I am so sorry Rach and Fideeks. After all the injections so sad to hear but we definitely get used to the highs and lows going through this process. Sending you both hugs and take time to feel sad before focus on whatever the next stage is for you.

Yay Tashtash, that's great news and hope the transfer goes well and they can freeze those other 2 just in case. All you can do is relax and then distract yourself for the 2ww!

That's good Claireabell and at least you'll know when the collection should be when they call. My other half is feeling anxious about when he has to do his bit so helpful to know how many days in advance you find out.

Welcome Kensington and Mettie 👋
We got an email, then a follow up call, Collection Wednesday, final injection at 11pm tonight! Feels very strange at this point.

Purple286, yes I guess I often forget about the impact on my husband, he is quite light hearted about it but I don’t know truly. I guess we all feel it in our own way!

Fideeks

#358 Post by Fideeks » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:12 pm

Evening everyone,

Tash I hope all has gone well today?

Thanks hopeful- I have my review on 16th July so hope to restart at the end of July. Those follicles are coming along nicely!

Rach- yes without a bleed they do want you to drag it out I’m afraid, it’s really your call though...

JemmaMelissa- I hope tomorrow goes well for you

Thanks again for all of your kind words ❤️. Today I bought my son some toys, my cat a new bed and my husband and me a bottle of wine 😂 all part of the moving on process! Back to work tomorrow after two weeks off so that’ll be a good distraction until the review.
2015 icsi: 3 blastocysts
1 x fresh transfer = BFP (my son)
2018 2 x singular fet = bfn
2019 icsi: 3 blastocysts
1x fresh = bfn
2 x Singular fet = bfn
2020 icsi: 5 blastocysts
1 x fresh March = bfn
1 x Fet June = chemical pregnancy

Tatty-Bow

#359 Post by Tatty-Bow » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:25 pm

I'lm so sorry Rach and Fideeks. This journey is so hard! Thinking of you and sending hugs x

Congratulations Tashtash how are you feeling? Hope you're getting some well deserved rest.

Welcome Kensington and Mettie it's a lovely supportive group.

Good luck to everyone at the stage you are in.

AF arrived today so down regulation scan booked for next Tuesday. Just want to move onto the next stage. Did anyone taking bruserelin find that their period was much lighter and shorter than usual? It's like mines barely started but I'm just hoping its the medication x

Jemma melissa

#360 Post by Jemma melissa » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:39 pm

Fideeks wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:12 pm
Evening everyone,

Thanks hopeful- I have my review on 16th July so hope to restart at the end of July. Those follicles are coming along nicely!

Rach- yes without a bleed they do want you to drag it out I’m afraid, it’s really your call though...

Thanks again for all of your kind words ❤️. Today I bought my son some toys, my cat a new bed and my husband and me a bottle of wine 😂 all part of the moving on process! Back to work tomorrow after two weeks off so that’ll be a good distraction until the review.

We could be cycle buddies again next time, if they let me start again on my next cycle (should be around 23rd July).
Will they let you start again strait away?

Care rang me this afternoon my review has been cancelled tomorrow as my Dr is off sick (Dr Low at Manchester) they’ve rearranged my review for Thursday now x
Aged 37
1st Cycle
20 eggs collected
12 fertilised
8 frozen

Fideeks

#361 Post by Fideeks » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:37 pm

Jemma melissa wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:39 pm
Fideeks wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:12 pm
Evening everyone,

We could be cycle buddies again next time, if they let me start again on my next cycle (should be around 23rd July).
Will they let you start again strait away?

Care rang me this afternoon my review has been cancelled tomorrow as my Dr is off sick (Dr Low at Manchester) they’ve rearranged my review for Thursday now x
Awh yea was was thinking we would be the same time after your last one, I hope you are feeling positive for the future. Waiting for the consultation is a pain but I think by 2 weeks later we have had more time to process it all. I expect I will be able to go again at the end of July, I usually just have the failed cycle bleed and then start again.

I’m at Manchester too 😊
2015 icsi: 3 blastocysts
1 x fresh transfer = BFP (my son)
2018 2 x singular fet = bfn
2019 icsi: 3 blastocysts
1x fresh = bfn
2 x Singular fet = bfn
2020 icsi: 5 blastocysts
1 x fresh March = bfn
1 x Fet June = chemical pregnancy

Tashtash

#362 Post by Tashtash » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:06 pm

Hi everyone, had a quick read through all the posts but don’t think I am upto replying to everyone individually tonight (hope u don’t think I’m being rude). As always love to hear where everyones at. Thanks for the ladies that have asked after me who haven’t had good news today thats really kind of you 😊

Claireabell how exciting just read through everything and watch your teach video we started mixing our trigger up 8.55pm for 9pm injection and injected at 9.02pm so was happy with that injection was simple enough too. Good luck!

So I think we misheard the embryologist on the phone this morning as when I got to clinic they said they were transferring 1 today, 1 was to be frozen today and then 2were early blastocysts that they were going to keep monitoring until tomorrow and call me to see if those 2 were good enough for the freezer as well so we will see.

ET wasn’t to bad a little uncomfortable just had the odd cramp afterwards but nothing to bad, had my feet up. Im off tomorrow and then back working from home for three days before I am off again.

Take care everyone x

Daisy2206

#363 Post by Daisy2206 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:41 pm

Much has been happening on this forum , sorry I haven’t kept up, been working last few days.

Fideeks Rach, you’ve been such encouraging cycle buddies and I hope your hearts will be filled at your next attempt. I’m sorry for what you’re experiencing 💓

Tashtash that sounds like a really good outcome, hope the last 2 make it tomorrow. Congrats on your transfer, you didn’t want to believe you could get this far...you did!!

Purple286

#364 Post by Purple286 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:04 am

Tatty-bow glad AF arrived and you have the down reg scan booked. Onto the next stage! My period was actually really heavy and painful. I'd heard a few others say it was much lighter and shorter though so think I was maybe the odd one out not you!

I've done 5 days of the stimulation and so far actually all okay. Apart from feeling like a pin cushion only side effects are a couple of cramps and mild headache so hope you have an easy time of the injections too.

Tashtash

#365 Post by Tashtash » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:26 pm

So the embryologist called and 1 of the 2 blastocysts made it to today so that has been frozen today with the 1 that was frozen yesterday so we have 2 in the freezer. So pleased that we have been this lucky so far and 🙏🏼 That this continues 🤞🏼

Hope everyone is doing ok wherever you are, stabbing yourself like no tomorrow, anxiously waiting, trying to pick up the pieces of your broken heart. We are all here for each and every one of you.

How did the trigger go Claireabell?

pizzagirl

#366 Post by pizzagirl » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:35 pm

Great news Tash!

Had my transfer today, the doctor said it was nice and easy so hope thats a good sign :-)

Hope there are some some good eggs growing out there, love hearing all the updates!

Jemma melissa

#367 Post by Jemma melissa » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:06 pm

Good luck to everyone who are now in the 2ww 🤞🏼🍀

I wondered if anyone can recommend any ovulation tests to buy over the counter? I’ve never used one and there’s so many to choose from.

TIA xx
Aged 37
1st Cycle
20 eggs collected
12 fertilised
8 frozen

Tashtash

#368 Post by Tashtash » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:47 pm

Jemma melissa wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:06 pm

I wondered if anyone can recommend any ovulation tests to buy over the counter? I’ve never used one and there’s so many to choose from.

TIA xx
Thanks Jemma - if you can afford it (I got one secondhand on ebay) this is a fab little bit of kit. I buy the test sticks on ebay too so much cheaper it does ovulation and pregnancy testing. You may not want to pay that much but think I was looking around £35-£40 when I got mine on ebay. Its the Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor.

https://uk.clearblue.com/ovulation-test ... ty-monitor

Tashtash

#369 Post by Tashtash » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:49 pm

pizzagirl wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:35 pm
Great news Tash!

Had my transfer today, the doctor said it was nice and easy so hope thats a good sign :-)

Hope there are some some good eggs growing out there, love hearing all the updates!
Thankyou we are chuffed to bits. The transfer wasn’t to bad just a little uncomfortable plus the nurses and lady doing it got me all set up called the embryologist over and she was on the blooming phone!!! Don’t think they were happy whilst I am just lay there all set I said tell her we’re waiting lol! Was yours a FET? So is your test date 13th June? Mines 12th. Wishing you lots of luck!x

Daisy2206

#370 Post by Daisy2206 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:47 pm

Congrats pizzagirl, is this your first transfer? Glad everything went smoothly for you. Here’s to an equally smooth 2 weeks. Be as crazy as you like and eat as much pizza as possible as you wait😁

Tashtash how are you feeling today? Day 1 post I didn’t have any symptoms and generally felt quite patient about the wait. Hope you have some distractions planned to see you through x

Purple286

#371 Post by Purple286 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:09 pm

Jemma melissa wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:06 pm

TIA xx
Hey Jemma,

I've used a few and found that I never had the flashing 'have sex now' smiley face for some reason with the clear blue ovulation tests.

My favourites are cheap but you see a very faint line and then every day you test it gets darker until its positive which I quite liked. You can also test more than once a day and have only seen the positive line because I do it twice a day after I start seeing a dark line. Obviously never worked but I suspect that's more likely to be because I had a blocked tube which had since been removed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Step-Sensi ... drukspg-21

Just another option for you.

Tatty-Bow

#372 Post by Tatty-Bow » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:54 pm

Purple286 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:04 am
Tatty-bow glad AF arrived and you have the down reg scan booked. Onto the next stage! My period was actually really heavy and painful. I'd heard a few others say it was much lighter and shorter though so think I was maybe the odd one out not you!

I've done 5 days of the stimulation and so far actually all okay. Apart from feeling like a pin cushion only side effects are a couple of cramps and mild headache so hope you have an easy time of the injections too.
Hi Purple286

So it turns out AF hadn't really arrived and she has now. I'm really heavy apologies for tmi. Least you know you're not the odd one out anymore :lol:

What medication are you on? I'll be on GonalF then Meriofert. Hoping that they go as smoothly as it has been so far 🙏

pizzagirl

#373 Post by pizzagirl » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:39 am

Daisy2206 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:47 pm
Congrats pizzagirl, is this your first transfer? Glad everything went smoothly for you. Here’s to an equally smooth 2 weeks. Be as crazy as you like and eat as much pizza as possible as you wait😁

Tashtash how are you feeling today? Day 1 post I didn’t have any symptoms and generally felt quite patient about the wait. Hope you have some distractions planned to see you through x
Yes, pizza is definitely on the menu :D That was my 4th transfer, Daisy, and the quickest and least uncomfortableso far. 1 successful fresh and 2 FETs that didn't work out. This is our last embryo so keeping everything crossed. How are things with you? The wait for the scan date is just as hard as the TWW in my experience. Hope you are keeping sane!

Tash, that sounds like a comedy sketch!! I'm sure it didn't feel very funny at the time, but hope you can look back and laugh. Laughing is meant to be good in the 2ww :) Are you planning on holding out for your OTD? Serial over tester here - have got loads of Amazon cheapies so I don't bankrupt myself!

Has anyone got egg collection coming up? Wishing all lovely juicy follicles! (Can you imagine saying that to someone in real life?! :D )

Tashtash

#374 Post by Tashtash » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:55 am

Hi Daisy, I have been ok just suffering with my back but thats more to do with when I am lay in back all this sitting around with my feet up doing nothings really not helping I have been in agony so glad to be up for work at 6.30am so I can get moving! Working from home though. Feel pretty normal though whatever that is lol.

Pizzagirl yes it was abit like a comedy sketch at the time I was like come on woman!!! 🤣🙈 I will see how I go I said I wouldn’t test early and I am not a patient person. In my head once that test is done it could all be over for this our first go (we have the two frosties) so the longer you can hold onto your dream. I’m more worried to do the test! I said to my mum and other half yesterday thats it now our fate is sealed its either implanted over the last couple of days or not its just a waiting game. We are hoping it much preferred its room upgrade from the incubator! Haha think you might get some strange looks in real life but yes I hope everyones eggs are also juicy!! I really hope this one works out for you, is your OTD 13th? Day after me?

I don’t really have anything planned to take my mind off it. I have got work to do and have some crafty activities to do.

Purple good look with the injections! It’ll be fine.

Tatty Bow its def pin cushion feeling isn’t it!

Clairebell hope EC goes well today thinking of you it’ll be over and done before you know it then put your feet up!
Xx

Daisy2206

#375 Post by Daisy2206 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:07 am

You’re right pizzagirl, every stage of this comes with its own stress! Today is otd and whilst I’m so grateful that we’ve got to this stage, I’m so nervous daily about it continuing to be a reality. I was particularly worried yesterday because the nausea had subsided from previously. That meant the end to me but it came back in the afternoon and test line was darker than the control line🥰
I’ve always been baffled by the physiological benefit of pregnancy sickness but maybe it’s mother nature’s reassurance that all is well?! I’ll take it for now as a positive 😆