First cycle starting in January, anyone else??

Discussion group for all IVF topics.

Moderators: CARE Support, Administrator

C&DR

First cycle starting in January, anyone else??

#1 Post by C&DR » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:15 pm

Hi lovelies,

We are starting our very first IVF cycle at the beginning of January. We received all the medication last week and nearly have a heart attack when I saw the green big needles (didn't know they are only to mix the meds).

We are quite new to IVF so feel a bit lost. We haven't been doing lots of research either, not to make ourselves more anxious.

Anyone in the same boat? Have any of you signed up for the care buddy thing??

Xx

Emilymystory

Re: First cycle starting in January, anyone else??

#2 Post by Emilymystory » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:06 am

Hi!
Yes fingers crossed i will be - been a while since you wrote your post so hopefully i hear back :)
Ive put of starting my cycle for 3 months - due to a number of reasons - my diet - financially etc, so made a big decision to miss this cycle so it doesnt fall over christmas and hopefully i should come on my period about 4-5 january so will be starting then, i dont yet have my medication as they told me to ring first day of period and will be ordered then, how come you already have yours?

How are you feeling? How are you preparing for it?

Lots of love xx

Sophia25

#3 Post by Sophia25 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:11 am

Hi Emily

I suppose it depends on what kind of cycle you're on - I was on a short so had to start taking my meds the second day of my period so had my drugs a few weeks before too so I had them ready - the drugs took a few days to arrive from the being ordered. Have they said what you will be doing?

x

Emilymystory

#4 Post by Emilymystory » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:31 pm

Maybe that’s why then, I think I start 13th day ...

How are you feeling the run up to starting?

Are you doing anything to prepare ? I feel I should be but I’m not taking anything other then folic acid? Trying to watch what I eat but it isn’t easy this time of year! X

Sophia25

#5 Post by Sophia25 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:54 am

Sorry, I should have said. Im a month ahead of you - had my treatment back in Oct/Nov and currently pregnant. I was on a short protocol.
any questions, give me a shout. xx

Francesca71991

#6 Post by Francesca71991 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:05 pm

Hi ladies, I start my second frozen embryo treatment tomorrow but I seen that this is a January one but it will run into January so thought I would join this forum :) Have you received your medication yet Emily? For my first round and this round I received mine quite a while before so I’m prepared and have them at the ready but yes possibly due to what protocol you are on. Sophia did you have any tips for this cycle as I seen yours worked, congratulations :) x
First ICSI cycle August 2019- 1 embryo transferred and 1 embryo frozen- BFN

Second ICSI cycle December 2019-1 FET- to be continued...

Sammychelle

#7 Post by Sammychelle » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:58 pm

Hi,
Just wondering how everyone else is getting on with the start of the first cycle.
I'm 2 days into the injections and not finding it anywhere near as bad as I was expecting.
Had sleepless nights since the medication arrived. I'd seen so much stuff online with bad bruising, bad side effects etc etc that I was absolutely dreading it. And I know I'm only 2 days in but all is good so far. 🤞
Hope you're all feeling the same 😊
Best wishes to you all xx

miss_a_k81

#8 Post by miss_a_k81 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:36 pm

Hi there, this is my first time posting on the forum. We are just about to start our first cycle, literally tonight with our first injection! Super nervous about side effects, think I’m also anticipating the worst!

C&DR

#9 Post by C&DR » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:20 pm

Hello lovelies,

I started with the injections on the 5th Jan. So far so good. No side effects, no bruising, no changes in mood...nothing. I only feel a bit heavier/bloated than normal but that's about it. Egg collection is on Wednesday! (Super nervous about that).

Fingers crossed everything will continue to go well. So far is not as bad as I was expecting although I think the most difficult part of the process is starting now. Finding it difficult to get the right balance between not being too positive/too negative about it.

How are you all? Xxx